Obama Supporter Bashes Obama, Defends Bain Capital

Guess you missed the whole civil rights thing.

How old are you?

We all understand your inability to defend a racist Democrat President and the fact you have to make it pesonal to deflect.

Personal?

Well yeah.

Johnson wasn't a racist. You don't seem to understand that back in those days..certain words that are held as taboo now..weren't back then. And I've asked you to back up your claims with some examples of Johnson's actions that you lead you to believe he was a racist. Like membership in the clan, or putting up legislation that would effectively separate the races (Like Jim Crow) or something..

Which is why I asked.

And back to the meaning of racism:

rac·ism
   [rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA

noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
Racism | Define Racism at Dictionary.com

That should be your starting point for determining racism.

Democrat US Senator Robert Byrd was a Democrat who sat in the Senate until he stopped breathing a couple years ago. He belonged to the KKK and he was a leader in the KKK. Was he a racist?

We get it. The only people who are racists are those who disagree with you.

We all understand your inability to defend a racist Democrat President and the fact you have to make it pesonal to deflect.

Personal?

Well yeah.

Johnson wasn't a racist. You don't seem to understand that back in those days..certain words that are held as taboo now..weren't back then. And I've asked you to back up your claims with some examples of Johnson's actions that you lead you to believe he was a racist. Like membership in the clan, or putting up legislation that would effectively separate the races (Like Jim Crow) or something..

Which is why I asked.

rac·ism
   [rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA

noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
Racism | Define Racism at Dictionary.com

Democrat US Senator Robert Byrd was a Democrat who sat in the Senate until he stopped breathing a couple years ago. He belonged to the KKK and he was a leader in the KKK. Was he a racist?

For a time, Robert Byrd was a big time racist. He then changed..

What's your point?

Byrd and Johnson are 2 different people.

Personal?

Well yeah.

Which is why I asked.

What's your point?

When did Byrd change?

What's your point?

When did Byrd change?

Can you prove he didn't? When did Strom Thurman, Jesse Helms, Trent Lott or Jeff Sessions change from their segregationist ways?

What's your point?

When did Byrd change?

Can you prove he didn't? When did Strom Thurman, Jesse Helms, Trent Lott or Jeff Sessions change from their segregationist ways?

I am not the one who made the claim that Byrd changed. Since you are going to defend Sallow, then you can tell us when Byrd stopped being a racist. Go.

What's your point?

When did Byrd change?

Is it your contention that people cannot change?

What's your point?

When did Byrd change?

Race

Portrait of Byrd as Majority Leader
Late in his life, Byrd explicitly renounced his earlier views favoring racial segregation.[49][50] Byrd said that he regretted filibustering and voting against the Civil Rights Act of 1964[51] and would change it if he had the opportunity. He said joining the KKK was "the greatest mistake I ever made."[49] Byrd also said that his views changed dramatically after his teenage grandson was killed in a 1982 traffic accident, which put him in a deep emotional valley. "The death of my grandson caused me to stop and think," said Byrd, adding he came to realize that black people love their children as much as he does his.[52]
Robert Byrd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The interwebs have vast amounts of information..

What's your point?

When did Byrd change?

Race

Late in his life, Byrd explicitly renounced his earlier views favoring racial segregation.[49][50] Byrd said that he regretted filibustering and voting against the Civil Rights Act of 1964[51] and would change it if he had the opportunity. He said joining the KKK was "the greatest mistake I ever made."[49] Byrd also said that his views changed dramatically after his teenage grandson was killed in a 1982 traffic accident, which put him in a deep emotional valley. "The death of my grandson caused me to stop and think," said Byrd, adding he came to realize that black people love their children as much as he does his.[52]

Wikipedia is not accepted as a source by college professors and the founder of wikipedia stated that his site should not be used as a primary source for academic purposse. You're gonna have to step it up a notch here. Try again.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FIBJt-c2o0]Senator Robert Byrd says "white *******" on TV - YouTube[/ame]

I am not the one who made the claim that Byrd changed. Since you are going to defend Sallow, then you can tell us when Byrd stopped being a racist. Go.

When he said he did, now prove he was lying.

Saying something is not "proving" anything. If "proving" is your standard, then you have yet to prove Byrd changed, especially since Robert Byrd used the term "*******' in 2001.

When did Byrd change?

Race

Wikipedia is not accepted as a source by college professors and the founder of wikipedia stated that his site should not be used as a primary source for academic purposse. You're gonna have to step it up a notch here. Try again.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FIBJt-c2o0]Senator Robert Byrd says "white *******" on TV - YouTube[/ame]

Again..

By relentlessly serving his state's economic interests, Byrd has secured his place as West Virginia's preeminent politician. As a long-reigning chairman and ranking member of the Appropriations Committee, Byrd pumped billions of dollars worth of jobs, programs and projects into the state that did not have a single mile of divided four-lane highway when he began his political career. More than three dozen bridges, highways, schools and public buildings are named for him.

Still, says Ken Hechler, 90, a liberal Democratic former U.S. House member from West Virginia who served with Byrd in Congress, "It's impossible for anyone to try to whitewash the KKK and its overall symbolism."

"But at the same time," he added, "we honor those people who publicly admit the error of their ways."

Last week, Byrd said: "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times . . . and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

A Senator's Shame

What college do you teach at?

Again..

By relentlessly serving his state's economic interests, Byrd has secured his place as West Virginia's preeminent politician. As a long-reigning chairman and ranking member of the Appropriations Committee, Byrd pumped billions of dollars worth of jobs, programs and projects into the state that did not have a single mile of divided four-lane highway when he began his political career. More than three dozen bridges, highways, schools and public buildings are named for him.

Still, says Ken Hechler, 90, a liberal Democratic former U.S. House member from West Virginia who served with Byrd in Congress, "It's impossible for anyone to try to whitewash the KKK and its overall symbolism."

"But at the same time," he added, "we honor those people who publicly admit the error of their ways."

Last week, Byrd said: "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times . . . and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

A Senator's Shame

What college do you teach at?

Since you claim Robert Byrd changed, can you explain to us what a "white ******" is?

Forum List

Back