Obama Supporter Bashes Obama, Defends Bain Capital

He didn't actually slam Obama. I watched the entire episode. He constantly referred to his "notes" from Obama. One surrogate slams something then the other one rushes out to "condemn" it in an intentional game trying to make Obama to appear to be on the "high road"

Again I can't stress how he kept referring to his Obama "notes"

It's a fucking game. A circle jerk of Libs.

Wikipedia is not accepted as a source by college professors and the founder of wikipedia stated that his site should not be used as a primary source for academic purposse. You're gonna have to step it up a notch here. Try again.

Senator Robert Byrd says "white *******" on TV - YouTube

Again..

By relentlessly serving his state's economic interests, Byrd has secured his place as West Virginia's preeminent politician. As a long-reigning chairman and ranking member of the Appropriations Committee, Byrd pumped billions of dollars worth of jobs, programs and projects into the state that did not have a single mile of divided four-lane highway when he began his political career. More than three dozen bridges, highways, schools and public buildings are named for him.

Still, says Ken Hechler, 90, a liberal Democratic former U.S. House member from West Virginia who served with Byrd in Congress, "It's impossible for anyone to try to whitewash the KKK and its overall symbolism."

"But at the same time," he added, "we honor those people who publicly admit the error of their ways."

Last week, Byrd said: "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times . . . and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

A Senator's Shame

What college do you teach at?

Is it your contention that people cannot change?

Since you claim Robert Byrd changed, can you explain to us what a "white ******" is?

Chief, I've answered your questions and provided you with multiple links.

Time to answer mine.

Is it your contention..that people CANNOT CHANGE?

Newark Mayor Cory Booker slammed the Obama campaign's ad criticizing Mitt Romney's record as the head of Bain Capital, and called for an end to"nauseating" attacks from both sides.

"I have to just say from a very personal level, I'm not about to sit here and indict private equity," Booker, a Democrat, said in an appearance on NBC's "Meet The Press" on Sunday. "To me, it's just we're getting to a ridiculous point in America. Especially that I know I live in a state where pension funds, unions and other people invest in companies like Bain Capital. If you look at the totality of Bain Capital's record, they've done a lot to support businesses, to grow businesses."

The ad--released last week by the Obama re-election campaign--makes Booker, who endorsed Obama for president in 2008, "very uncomfortable," he said.

"This kind of stuff is nauseating to me on both sides," Booker continued. "It's nauseating to the American public. Enough is enough. Stop attacking private equity. Stop attacking Jeremiah Wright. This stuff has got to stop, because what it does is it undermines, to me, what this country should be focused on. It's a distraction from the real issues."

Cory Booker slams Obama campaign ad attacking Romney

Also,

The basic Obama-liberal critique goes like this: Bain buys a company, loads it with debt and then sucks out cash before foisting the wounded business upon an unsuspecting buyer or a bankruptcy court. In the risk-taking world of private equity such a scenario can certainly happen, and it's true that Bain likes management fees and dividends as much as the next partnership.

But then how to explain the history of Bain Capital? Mr. Romney started the business in 1984. The company has since bought and sold many businesses and executed thousands of financing transactions.

If Bain's standard operating procedure were to hand the next owner of one of its companies a ticking bankruptcy package, how is Bain still finding buyers nearly three decades later? And who would agree to lend money to a company backed by Bain? Wouldn't word have gotten around by, say, 1987 that Bain's portfolio companies weren't creditworthy?

The liberal critique of private equity assumes that the financial industry is full of saps who have been eager to lose money across the table from Bain for 28 years. This is the same financial industry that the same liberal critics say is full of greedy schemers when it comes to padding their own pay or ripping off consumers. But financiers can't be both knaves and diabolical geniuses at the same time.

Review & Outlook: Bain Capitalism 101 - WSJ.com

gee, that settles it. now everyone who supports the president is going to go out and put the rightwingnuts back in power.

do you honestly think this is effective as against anyone who *would* and *has* voted for the president? i don't. i think it's more fauxrage and nonsense....

fwiw, i saw cory booker make his statements. he's briliant and will be the next governor of new jersey. his criticisms were of BOTH the idea of swiftboating the president with racist trash about reverend wright (which failed the first time around) AND about demonizing bain. so your o/p is HALF right.

he's also backtracked now, but that's besides the point.

Last edited:
Again..

What college do you teach at?

Is it your contention that people cannot change?

Since you claim Robert Byrd changed, can you explain to us what a "white ******" is?

Chief, I've answered your questions and provided you with multiple links.

Time to answer mine.

Is it your contention..that people CANNOT CHANGE?

Nope. You still haven't explained what a "white ******" is. Still waiting.

Newark Mayor Cory Booker slammed the Obama campaign's ad criticizing Mitt Romney's record as the head of Bain Capital, and called for an end to"nauseating" attacks from both sides.

"I have to just say from a very personal level, I'm not about to sit here and indict private equity," Booker, a Democrat, said in an appearance on NBC's "Meet The Press" on Sunday. "To me, it's just we're getting to a ridiculous point in America. Especially that I know I live in a state where pension funds, unions and other people invest in companies like Bain Capital. If you look at the totality of Bain Capital's record, they've done a lot to support businesses, to grow businesses."

The ad--released last week by the Obama re-election campaign--makes Booker, who endorsed Obama for president in 2008, "very uncomfortable," he said.

"This kind of stuff is nauseating to me on both sides," Booker continued. "It's nauseating to the American public. Enough is enough. Stop attacking private equity. Stop attacking Jeremiah Wright. This stuff has got to stop, because what it does is it undermines, to me, what this country should be focused on. It's a distraction from the real issues."

Also,

The basic Obama-liberal critique goes like this: Bain buys a company, loads it with debt and then sucks out cash before foisting the wounded business upon an unsuspecting buyer or a bankruptcy court. In the risk-taking world of private equity such a scenario can certainly happen, and it's true that Bain likes management fees and dividends as much as the next partnership.

But then how to explain the history of Bain Capital? Mr. Romney started the business in 1984. The company has since bought and sold many businesses and executed thousands of financing transactions.

If Bain's standard operating procedure were to hand the next owner of one of its companies a ticking bankruptcy package, how is Bain still finding buyers nearly three decades later? And who would agree to lend money to a company backed by Bain? Wouldn't word have gotten around by, say, 1987 that Bain's portfolio companies weren't creditworthy?

The liberal critique of private equity assumes that the financial industry is full of saps who have been eager to lose money across the table from Bain for 28 years. This is the same financial industry that the same liberal critics say is full of greedy schemers when it comes to padding their own pay or ripping off consumers. But financiers can't be both knaves and diabolical geniuses at the same time.

gee, that settles it. now everyone who supports the president is going to go out and put the rightwingnuts back in power.

do you honestly think this is effective as against anyone who *would* and *has* voted for the president? i don't. i think it's more fauxrage and nonsense....

fwiw, i saw cory booker make his statements. he's briliant and will be the next governor of new jersey. his criticisms were of BOTH the idea of swiftboating the president with racist trash about reverend wright (which failed the first time around) AND about demonizing bain. so your o/p is HALF right.

Booker and his defender Harold Ford are also being trashed by Democrats for falling out of line. They're being called "Uncle Toms" by Black Democrats on Twitter.

This is the problem we have today in the United States of America. The racist indoctrination of many Americans is ruining our nation. Salt Jones is an example of the lunacy and ignorance that has taken root in our culture.

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you even know American history?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.- IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The 13th Amendment to the Constitution declared that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction." Formally abolishing slavery in the United States, the 13th Amendment was passed by the Congress on January 31, 1865, and ratified by the states on December 6, 1865.

AN ACT To enforce the fifteenth amendment to the Constitution of the United States, and for other purposes. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That this Act shall be known as the "Voting Rights Act of 1965."

SEC. 2. No voting qualification or prerequisite to voting, or standard, practice, or procedure shall be imposed or applied by any State or political subdivision to deny or abridge the right of any citizen of the United States to vote on account of race or color.-Transcript of Voting Rights Act (1965)

When did the so called "racist indoctrination of many Americans" begin and when did it "take root in our culture"?

What is wrong with you? Old WHITE people wrote, voted for and got all of those signed into law. You have stated that you hate white people.

To answer your question, read some of the statements made Rev Wright, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakhan and a host of other black race baiters. Then read what Martin Luther King preached and you will see the difference between 'racist indoctrination' and reason.

Democrats don't fall in line like the Cons do.

Wrong.

Even now Romney is not going along with bringing up Rev. Wright.

Although I consider Rev Wright a black separatist and an un-American jerk, apparently Romney disagrees with me. I suspect Romney is blinded by the fact that Wright is a man of the cloth, and he isn't going to say anything bad about a so-called preacher.

Since no one on the left can explain what a "white ******" is, can any of you explain why Harold Ford is now an "Uncle Tom" for simply agreeing with Cory Booker?

Hostage watch: Harold Ford agrees with Cory Booker, branded ‘Uncle Tom’ and ‘corporate prostitute’ | Twitchy

Booker and Ford both plan on running for office again. There are literally hundreds of Wall Street traders that live in New Jersey and Booker wants them to contribute to his next campaign.

Since his loss for the Senate in Tennessee Ford moved to New York and will run for public office again. He will also need the bucks from Wall Street.

Last edited:
Booker will be clarifying on Morning Joe, first thing in the morning. He's already heard from New Jersey's black community, that his chances of running for governor are crap without black support.

Watch and learn.

Booker will be clarifying on Morning Joe, first thing in the morning. He's already heard from New Jersey's black community, that his chances of running for governor are crap without black support.

Watch and learn.

I look forward to the next time you accuse the gop of marching in lockstep etc....:lol:

Did Booker stray off the plantation?

yup.

the holy trinity; don't tug on the messiahs robe, don't not sppt. the wars created to obfuscate the issues and don't ever say what you feel.

"Yesterday, Newark, New Jersey Mayor Cory Booker (D) attacked the Obama campaign for making an issue of Mitt Romney’s tenure at Bain Capital during an appearance on Meet the Press. While the progressive leader later backed off the criticisms, Republicans have been quick to highlight his comments as an attack against the idea that scrutiny of Mitt Romney’s record as a businessman is fair game.
A ThinkProgress examination of New Jersey campaign finance records for Booker’s first run for Mayor — back in 2002 — suggests a possible reason for his unease with attacks on Bain Capital and venture capital. They were among his earliest and most generous backers."

See they are all hooked together. Bain Romney Obama. Corporations play both sides and so do politicians.
Fuck we should elect Ron Paul cuz he is the only one not playing ball with them yet.

Last edited:

Also,

racist trash? Oh I get it, any critique of obamas associations is racist, got it:rolleyes:.....and anyone else, but you, in your bubble on the left, are wingnuts....... as usual....

racist trash? Oh I get it, any critique of obamas associations is racist, got it:rolleyes:.....and anyone else, but you, in your bubble on the left, are wingnuts....... as usual....

In other words? SOSDD.
icon14.gif

"Yesterday, Newark, New Jersey Mayor Cory Booker (D) attacked the Obama campaign for making an issue of Mitt Romney’s tenure at Bain Capital during an appearance on Meet the Press. While the progressive leader later backed off the criticisms, Republicans have been quick to highlight his comments as an attack against the idea that scrutiny of Mitt Romney’s record as a businessman is fair game.
A ThinkProgress examination of New Jersey campaign finance records for Booker’s first run for Mayor — back in 2002 — suggests a possible reason for his unease with attacks on Bain Capital and venture capital. They were among his earliest and most generous backers."

See they are all hooked together. Bain Romney Obama. Corporations play both sides and so do politicians.
Fuck we should elect Ron Paul cuz he is the only one not playing ball with them yet.

And you note just mere hours later he did a 180...and it wasn't BAIN that contacted him to elicit the turn around to make him look the fool.

Since no one on the left can explain what a "white ******" is, can any of you explain why Harold Ford is now an "Uncle Tom" for simply agreeing with Cory Booker?

Hostage watch: Harold Ford agrees with Cory Booker, branded ‘Uncle Tom’ and ‘corporate prostitute’ | Twitchy

Harold Ford was an Uncle Tom long before this morning. He proved it when he was running for the Senate against Bob Corker and was too gutless to fight the "Call me" ads run by the RNC. When I lived in Millington, TN, Ford was being groomed to be the Obama before anyone heard of Obama. But, Ford showed he was a pussy.

I agree. The Reverend Wright stuff is bullshit. But we went through that in 2008. We are now going through the "Bain Capital is vampire capitalism" garbage, and its getting called out just like the Wright nonsense. And I don't see the Romney campaign making attack ads about Reverend Wright.

Hope and Change!

And you note just mere hours later he did a 180...and it wasn't BAIN that contacted him to elicit the turn around to make him look the fool.

It was the Black Community in New Jersey that let him know that he was done if he didn't get his shit together. Booker needs the black voters, more than they need him.

Forum List

Back