Democrats' Wisconsin Worry

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Scott Walker Recall Attempt Worries Some Democrats - WSJ.com

With little more than two weeks until Wisconsin's gubernatorial recall election, some Democratic and union officials quietly are expressing fears that they have picked a fight they won't win and that could leave lingering injuries.

Over the weekend, Wisconsin's largest newspaper, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, backed Mr. Walker in the recall election. The paper called Mr. Walker's move to limit public-employee bargaining rights "an overreach of political power," but said it "is simply not enough to justify a vote against the governor."

Democrats say they haven't come close to matching the $25 million that the Wisconsin governor has raised. Mr. Barrett entered the race late and faced a primary election, during which labor-backed groups spent more than $5 million supporting a candidate they preferred, only to see her lose. By a late April filing date, Mr. Barrett had raised $831,000.

But the national party turned down Wisconsin Democrats' request for $500,000, one party official said.

Top Democrats now say that when labor groups first raised the specter of a recall, the party's officials urged their allies in Wisconsin to reconsider. "We told them it was a bad, bad, bad idea," one Democratic official said.

A union official said both the Democratic National Committee and the Obama campaign expressed reservations. "I don't know that anyone was enthusiastic about it over there," the union official said.

Walker will win.

I think Wisconsin is too close to call at this point. Walker is out-raising Barrett's campaign, but it's not like the AFL-CIO, Change to Win, and all the labor groups are going to spend at least 20 million on anti-Walker PACs. Some of my friends are working in Wisconsin on the recall (against Walker) - SEIU is throwing a lot of money and manpower into Wisconsin.

You can thank Citizen's United for that.

Obama’s “Chicago Thug Way” Invades Wisconsin

Written on Sunday, May 20, 2012 by Lloyd Marcus

As Chairman of The Campaign To Defeat Barack Obama, I just returned back home to Florida from Wisconsin which is ground zero in the battle to stop Obama’s ruination of America. Welcome to the Campaign to Defeat Barack Obama Like locust, Obama minions have swarmed the state of Wisconsin, devouring all who dare oppose their recall of Gov. Scott Walker for his efforts to restore his state to fiscal sanity. Obama minions organized mob protesters to storm the State Capitol. Death threats have been made against Gov. Walker, the Lieutenant Governor and their families. Protection costs for Walker, Kleefisch more than double - JSOnline

Still, Gov. Walker has hung tough and is leading in the polls. This has forced Team Obama to spend more millions and send in the big guns: DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz is headed to Wisconsin.

Obama’s

th_ROTFL.gif

As Chairman of The Campaign To Defeat Barack Obama, I just returned back home to Florida from Wisconsin which is ground zero in the battle to stop Obama’s ruination of America. Welcome to the Campaign to Defeat Barack Obama Like locust, Obama minions have swarmed the state of Wisconsin, devouring all who dare oppose their recall of Gov. Scott Walker for his efforts to restore his state to fiscal sanity. Obama minions organized mob protesters to storm the State Capitol. Death threats have been made against Gov. Walker, the Lieutenant Governor and their families. Protection costs for Walker, Kleefisch more than double - JSOnline

Still, Gov. Walker has hung tough and is leading in the polls. This has forced Team Obama to spend more millions and send in the big guns: DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz is headed to Wisconsin.

Obama’s

Obama and the DNC don't give a shit about this race.

It's labor's party.

I think you meant to say we can thank the First Amendment for that.

Nope, not quite.

But it's cool. The Citizen's United decision pays my bills.

Yes, quite. Read it sometime.

Read what? The First Amendment, or the Citizen's United decision?

I've definitely read both. But as I said, it's fine. Although I disagree with the decision, I enjoy the money that Unions and left-wing organizations pay me to run campaigns for them that I wouldn't have gotten had it not been for Citizen's United.

Quite literally, Citizen's United has put money in my pocket, so I guess I'm on the fence.

Obama’s

It's labor's party.

Funny. It was all Lefty rag media wanted to talk about a year ago.

Obama’s

It's labor's party.

Oh, just wait till the season really heats up. It'll be in the news every day again. Already there's at least one thread a day about it here.

What does that have to do with Obama and the DNC, though?

It's labor's party.

Oh, just wait till the season really heats up. It'll be in the news every day again. Already there's at least one thread a day about it here.

I thought the article was self explanatory, but if you have a beef the author's name is there...

I thought the article was self explanatory, but if you have a beef the author's name is there...

Your article is nonsense. It's an Op-Ed written by someone who has no idea what's going on in the race.

The DNC hasn't given Barrett any of the money that he's asked for, and apparently never even wanted to recall Walker.

This is Big Labor's party. They're the ones who want Walker out, not the DNC (I'm sure they wouldn't mind, but it's certainly not a priority).

Obama’s

Or this?

Attachments

• $debbiescarecrow.jpg
    $debbiescarecrow.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 45

Your article is nonsense. It's an Op-Ed written by someone who has no idea what's going on in the race.

The DNC hasn't given Barrett any of the money that he's asked for, and apparently never even wanted to recall Walker.

This is Big Labor's party. They're the ones who want Walker out, not the DNC (I'm sure they wouldn't mind, but it's certainly not a priority).

Then do what liberals do best and correct him on his article, hey while your at it correct his grammar and spelling to...

Nope, not quite.

But it's cool. The Citizen's United decision pays my bills.

I've definitely read both. But as I said, it's fine. Although I disagree with the decision, I enjoy the money that Unions and left-wing organizations pay me to run campaigns for them that I wouldn't have gotten had it not been for Citizen's United.

Quite literally, Citizen's United has put money in my pocket, so I guess I'm on the fence.

Nobody is interested in hearing you talk about yourself.

You either believe in restricting free speech, or you don't.

Then do what liberals do best and correct him on his article, hey while your at it correct his grammar and spelling to...

That'd require too much effort.

Instead, I'll correct you when you recite his article on this message board.

Only in fantasy land is anything that cut-and-dried.

I believe in some restrictions on free speech - and so do you, I'm assuming.

Is it free speech to walk up to bank teller and say "Give me all the money, I've got a bomb in my pack"?

Only in fantasy land is anything that cut-and-dried.

I believe in some restrictions on free speech - and so do you, I'm assuming.

Is it free speech to walk up to bank teller and say "Give me all the money, I've got a bomb in my pack"?

Don't be such a moron. We aren't talking about yelling fire in a crowded theater.

Forum List

Back