Obama signs Patriot Act

How did Obama sign it? I thought Rand Paul single handedly killed it in the Senate?

Why do you care? You are one of Rand Paul's constituents & you voted against him because you are a blind partisan hack who cares nothing about the real issues facing this country.

It would at least be an honest reflection of his actual policies, as opposed to what he says his policies are. Of course the press and his other apologists let him get away with this constantly.

The day politicians start being honest is the day the rapture will come.

Ah yes, the "they all do it" defense.
Once we give them a pass on this we get the gov't we deserve.

It's not a defense, I hate it, but they do all do it. You saw all the awful things I listed about Obama why would I defend him in my next post?

We've given them a pass for decades, won't end anytime soon, and time has proven we can't vote ourselves out of this mess with our 2 disaster parties.

How did Obama sign it? I thought Rand Paul single handedly killed it in the Senate?
Dianne Frankenstein used a procedural hustle, to stuff it into a bill that had no chance of getting voted down.

Not a dime's worth of difference......

I wonder how much money she is sucking out of this phony war on terror.
So much that she got booted off of the Senate Armed Services Committee, for illegally funneling defense contracts to her husband's firm.

http://www.uhuh.com/1calfraud/stacks/feinblum.htm

Good thing the old hag has that (D) by her name, or she would probably be behind bars.

Oh my god, how could obama re-up this, especially after the left gave Bush so much hell over it? Wow, the new boss is looking alot like the new one isn't he?
Obama Signs Last-Minute Patriot Act Extension Into Law - FoxNews.com

Actually obamush didn't sign anything

With Obama currently in France, the White House said the president would use an autopen machine that holds a pen and signs his actual signature. It is only used with proper authorization of the president. Minutes before the midnight deadline, the White House said Obama had signed the bill.

Obama signs Patriot Act extension with autopen  | ajc.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw4iPe_dpBo&feature=feedu]YouTube - ‪PATRIOT ACT EXTENDED‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyMRzBV_vyY&feature=feedu]YouTube - ‪Patriot Act VOTE Results‬‏[/ame]

Anyone for a Constitutional Amendment to mandate a balanced budget and fixed debt ceiling? If we don't do it, it will not get done. Stop counting on sanity in DC to save us.

Abso-fuckin-lutely. Add in it some basic taxation law and you will have solved much of our problems with one law. Never going to happen because of that though.

Obama signed it.

Would McCain? Probably.

Candidates who would have vetoed it:
Kucinich
Paul
McKinney
Baldwin
Nader

Most people voted for the wrong candidates.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0c5qEZuqHo]YouTube - ‪Cynthia McKinney - Restore Our Constitutional Rights‬‏[/ame]

ABC News is out with a new story that further reinforces the fact that Barack Hussein Obama is an "uh-oh, better get Maaco politician"; an old style politician with a fresh coat of new style paint.

In 2003, while serving in the Illinois State Senate, Barack Obama completed a survey by the Illinois chapter of the National Organization of Women (NOW) which asked him several questions including:

In 2003 Illinois State Senate obama was asked

Would you vote to repeal the Patriot Act?

Yes, I would vote to repeal the U.S. Patriot Act, although I would consider replacing that shoddy and dangerous law with a new, carefully crafted proposal that addressed in a much more limited fashion the legitimate needs of law enforcement in combating terrorism (for example, permitting a warrant for the interception of cell phone calls, and not just land-based phones to accommodate changes in technology).

Obama flip-flops on Patriot Act & other issues

No presidential power for secret surveillance
Q: Does the president have inherent powers under the Constitution to conduct surveillance for national security purposes without judicial warrants, regardless of federal statutes?

A: The Supreme Court has never held that the president has such powers. As president, I will follow existing law, and when it comes to U.S. citizens and residents, I will only authorize surveillance for national security purposes consistent with FISA and other federal statutes.
Barack Obama on Homeland Security

No holding US citizens as unlawful enemy combatants
Q: Does the Constitution permit a president to detain US citizens without charges as unlawful enemy combatants?
A: No. I reject the Bush Administration’s claim that the President has plenary authority under the Constitution to detain U.S. citizens without charges as unlawful enemy combatants.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9zGhYSIAP8]YouTube - ‪Patriot Act Being Used Against a 16 Year Old Boy & its Own Citizens !‬‏[/ame]

OBAMA.jpg

One wonders if there's many loyal blues left still hoping for change.

It boggles my mind when I encounter those who remain convinced that their REP OR DEM partisan POVs bear any realtion to reality.

"Obama lied and you knew"

If by that you mean that I knew that Obama was a DEM, carefully vetted to insure that he would not in any way upset the cosy scam that is our political duelopoly?

You are corrrect, sir.

I knew that the Dems would do some things to mitigate the hard line that the Bush II admin has initiated, just as they typically do.

I also knew that he would do nothing that to change the FIXED GAME that our economy has become.

yes, I knew that, that is true.

Just as I KNOW that whomsoever the Republicans replace him with will do certain small things to satisfy their clueless base, while at the same time do NOTHING to change the FIXED GAME that our economy has become, either.

I hope YOU know, that, too.

I knew that the Dems would do some things to mitigate the hard line that the Bush II admin has initiated, just as they typically do.

Anything of substance? Redecorating the oval office doesn't count.

Yes. We all know. The question is, do we perpetuate the lie, or not?

"Obama lied and you knew"

If by that you mean that I knew that Obama was a DEM, carefully vetted to insure that he would not in any way upset the cosy scam that is our political duelopoly?

You are corrrect, sir.

I also knew that he would do nothing that to change the FIXED GAME that our economy has become.

yes, I knew that, that is true.

Just as I KNOW that whomsoever the Republicans replace him with will do certain small things to satisfy their clueless base, while at the same time do NOTHING to change the FIXED GAME that our economy has become, either.

"clueless base" is not gonna work. Didn't work in 2010 either.

One wonders if there's many loyal blues left still hoping for change.

It boggles my mind when I encounter those who remain convinced that their REP OR DEM partisan POVs bear any realtion to reality.

We have a one party system it's called a POLITICAN

Any third party would be better than the Republicrats.

And you would think the voting public would realize this by now. How many elections do we all go through? The republicans get in, suck, then get voted out for the democrats who get in, suck, and then we switch back to the republicans who again suck, then back to the democrats, who yes, in fact suck again.

Over and over again.

and it will be no different in 2012

Which sorta puts to bed the notion that President Obama's some kind of wild eyed left wing radical.

And it also underlines the concept..that once a President gets a brand new spankin power..no matter where on the political spectrum they sit..they are loathe to give it up.

No, what it makes him in this context is a realist. After all the vitriol and the like, its different sitting in the catbird seat not in the senate grinding out grievances for political points.

Forum List

Back