Obama signs Patriot Act

Yes. He lied.

One of the most poignant phrases floated in 2004 was 'Bush lied and you knew'. I think it really got to the core of the political hypocrisy of Bush and the neocons, because I suspect that most people who supported him did know he was lying and simply didn't care. Regardless, we reelected him. I've never really forgiven Republicans for that.

My question is this: 'Obama lied, and you knew'. Will you vote for him again, America?

What did Bush lie about?
'Mission Accomplished'?

That sign was not put up for Bush. That sign was for the men and women of the carrier who did accomplish their mission.

Obama signs Patriot Act

No he didn't. The criminals in Washington forged it. Obama was busy in another country.

Obama did something called auto sign. That way he didn't have to interupt his social gaffs in Europe. The Patriot Act should read, The Terrorists won this one Act. Shame on Bush for signing it, shame on Obama for the same.

Here's where I'm coming from. Well first let me state, I voted for Obama. I voted for Gore, then Bush second term. Kerry was a joke. I liked Bush right after 9/11. I felt his agressive approach was right and I felt he did unite a nation in a very dark period. By his run for the second term, I really felt the wheels were coming offbut hoped he'd pull it together. Mixed views on Iraq. Saddam needed to go, but Iraq didn't need to be stripped down and rebuilt. That should have been an in and out effort. Get Saddam and move on. Replace the leader and the henchmen but leave the rest intact.

But by the end, I'd had enough of Bush and the republicans. Had the republicans excercised the same fiscal restraint they did with Clinton, we might have been OK. The Democrats in the last two years were scaring me. But I thought give them a chance with a democratic president and lets see how they do. I was hoping for Clinton. I thought she was the stronger candidate. I thought she would bring more to the table. I was leary of Obama because, who was he really? But when he got major public support behind him. When he talked the talk. I started to think, this man might have the momentum to really drive the change. I liked what he was saying. Get out of the costly wars. Get rid of the Patriot Act. Develop a friendlier America. By that, he led us to believe we would be out of other countries business. The economy, that's another story. It came late in the campaign and it is what propelled him into office. But I don't think any candidate was going to turn that around to quickly. Oh yea, and gas. He told us why gas was high and how he was going to put an end to that.

In the end, he really did none of that. On top of it, he lost his momentum and now he's floundering. His inexperience, as I feared, let and overzealous Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi take the reigns. And they obviously can't drive.

But this is why I can't support Barak Obama. He doesn't stand for what he told me he stood for when he convinced me to vote for him. And that has me concerned.

'Mission Accomplished'?

That sign was not put up for Bush. That sign was for the men and women of the carrier who did accomplish their mission.

Ahahahahhahaaaaaa!!!!
Their mission was to turn up in the right place at the right time for his helicopter to land?

In that case...'Mission Accomplished'

When the truth doesn't fit your agenda, just change the truth. Typical lefty.

oh my god, how could obama re-up this, especially after the left gave bush so much hell over it? Wow, the new boss is looking alot like the new one isn't he?
obama signs last-minute patriot act extension into law - foxnews.com

it was a shitty idea then and it is a shitty idea now, nothing has changed. Even now, hopefully, people are realizing that the democrats and the republicans are the same party, the "corporate party", the "bigger government party".

bingo!

oh my god, how could obama re-up this, especially after the left gave bush so much hell over it? Wow, the new boss is looking alot like the new one isn't he?
obama signs last-minute patriot act extension into law - foxnews.com

it was a shitty idea then and it is a shitty idea now, nothing has changed. Even now, hopefully, people are realizing that the democrats and the republicans are the same party, the "corporate party", the "bigger government party".

bingo!

Obama fooled more people than Barnum & Bailey.

Which sorta puts to bed the notion that President Obama's some kind of wild eyed left wing radical.
No, it underscores what a leftist , poorly disguised as a "compassionate consevative", that the Shrub was -along with the rest of his neocon tool glee club- and how far to the left the GOP has swerved.

Boiking has floored the pedal.

Good grief!
You pricks are throwing your last president under a bus to win an argument??!!

Ahahahahhahaaaaaa!!!!
Their mission was to turn up in the right place at the right time for his helicopter to land?

In that case...'Mission Accomplished'

When the truth doesn't fit your agenda, just change the truth. Typical lefty.

Clown!
I don't give a fuck which party your president comes from.
It is, though, important to you headline readers.
I suggest that you need to get a fucking grip you unthinking partisan hack!
Have you ever read a news article past the second line...my bet is not???!!!

Which sorta puts to bed the notion that President Obama's some kind of wild eyed left wing radical.
No, it underscores what a leftist , poorly disguised as a "compassionate consevative", that the Shrub was -along with the rest of his neocon tool glee club- and how far to the left the GOP has swerved.

Good grief!
Bite me.

Shrubbie grew gubmint and spent money at an even faster rate than his democrat predecessor.

Neocons can kiss my ass.

bingo!

No one was fooled, just like no one was fooled with GWB. They came right out and told us what they were going to do and how they were going to screw us, we just didn't want to believe them. We thought that their extreme ideas would get watered down by the other side, but by now we should realize there is no other side.

yes to the first paragraph.... which i still disagree with.

as for the second part, that isn't true. bush doubled 200 years of debt in 8 years because he was the first leader in history to cut taxes during wartime... idiocy and it remains idiocy.

and until congress does away with the bush tax cuts, complaints are disingenuous.

Bush was President while we ran up 8 trillion in debt. In 8 years, we are on track to run up 6 or more trillion in 4 years if Obama gets his budgets. Ohh ya Obama supported the tax cuts as well.

Bush did not add $8 Trillion to the debt over his 8 years. He added $4.9 Trillion over 8 years. Obama has added $3.7 Trillion in only 2.4 years. Obama is adding debt at almost 4 times the rate Bush was.

See: US Treasury Debt to the Penny

yes to the first paragraph.... which i still disagree with.

as for the second part, that isn't true. bush doubled 200 years of debt in 8 years because he was the first leader in history to cut taxes during wartime... idiocy and it remains idiocy.

and until congress does away with the bush tax cuts, complaints are disingenuous.

Bush was President while we ran up 8 trillion in debt. In 8 years, we are on track to run up 6 or more trillion in 4 years if Obama gets his budgets. Ohh ya Obama supported the tax cuts as well.

Bush did not add $8 Trillion to the debt over his 8 years. He added $4.9 Trillion over 8 years. Obama has added $3.7 Trillion in only 2.4 years. Obama is adding debt at almost 4 times the rate Bush was.

See: US Treasury Debt to the Penny

does Obamas wrong now make GWB wrong a right?

No one was fooled, just like no one was fooled with GWB. They came right out and told us what they were going to do and how they were going to screw us, we just didn't want to believe them. We thought that their extreme ideas would get watered down by the other side, but by now we should realize there is no other side.

I'm talking about BO's promises to close Gitmo and never attack a nation that was no direct threat. Bush didn't go around making empty headed promises like BO did. That's what I mean by BO fooling a lot of people.

LOL @ anyone who is surprised at this.

Here's another shocker. Obama has terror suspects waterboarded. Believe that.

Good grief!
Bite me.

Shrubbie grew gubmint and spent money at an even faster rate than his democrat predecessor.

Neocons can kiss my ass.

In that case I apologise...reasoned viewpoints get fewer 'reps' though...I hope you're prepared for disappointment!

Forum List

Back