Obama signs Patriot Act

Bush was President while we ran up 8 trillion in debt. In 8 years, we are on track to run up 6 or more trillion in 4 years if Obama gets his budgets. Ohh ya Obama supported the tax cuts as well.

Bush did not add $8 Trillion to the debt over his 8 years. He added $4.9 Trillion over 8 years. Obama has added $3.7 Trillion in only 2.4 years. Obama is adding debt at almost 4 times the rate Bush was.

See: US Treasury Debt to the Penny

does Obamas wrong now make GWB wrong a right?

Two wrongs don't make it right. The TEA Party are trying to fix this problem & that is why the left & right hate them. My support is for Tea Party leaders Eric Cantor, Paul Ryan, Ron Paul & Rand Paul.

LOL @ anyone who is surprised at this.

Here's another shocker. Obama has terror suspects waterboarded. Believe that.

Yep, extraordinary rendition of US terror supsects abroad has and continues to be a far bigger issue than known waterboarding by our gov't.

I'm 100% against all waterboarding as most of the regulars know, there's just levels of scale that make one issue worse than another.

Last edited:

Yep, extraordinary rendition of US terror supsects abroad has and continues to be a far bigger issue than knowin waterboarding by our gov't.

I'm 100% against all waterboarding as most of the regulars know, there's just levels of scale that make one issue worse than another.

I am against rendition to countries that we know use "real" torture. I DO consider waterboarding to be torture, but at a level that is acceptable.

Yep, extraordinary rendition of US terror supsects abroad has and continues to be a far bigger issue than knowin waterboarding by our gov't.

I am against rendition to countries that we know use "real" torture. I DO consider waterboarding to be torture, but at a level that is acceptable.

Classic!
That's going straight to my signature!!

He supported the war in Iraq, he escalated the war in Afghanistan, he supports rendition and Gitmo, He was against the Patriot act until he was for it.

Other then spending money TWICE as fast as Bush and foisting an illegal health care plan on us what has he done different? Well except try to keep the press from reporting anything he personally doesn't like that is?

Remember Bush also gave us that prescription drug plan.

As a candidate, Barack Obama proposed "closing the 'doughnut hole'" in his campaign agenda, and subsequently proposed a plan to reduce costs for recipients from 100% to 50% of these expenses.

One out of two isn't bad if you are playing baseball. I believe Obama did close the 'donut hole.'

No, it underscores what a leftist , poorly disguised as a "compassionate consevative", that the Shrub was -along with the rest of his neocon tool glee club- and how far to the left the GOP has swerved.

Boiking has floored the pedal.

Good grief!
You pricks are throwing your last president under a bus to win an argument??!!
Bite me.

Shrubbie grew gubmint and spent money at an even faster rate than his democrat predecessor.

Neocons can kiss my ass.

There was that pesky little 911 thing in New York and the wind storm in New Orleans, but they didn't cost much.

There is no doubt that Bush allowed spending to get out of control, but compared to Obama, he was a tightwad.

Good grief!
Bite me.

Shrubbie grew gubmint and spent money at an even faster rate than his democrat predecessor.

Neocons can kiss my ass.

There was that pesky little 911 thing in New York and the wind storm in New Orleans, but they didn't cost much.

There is no doubt that Bush allowed spending to get out of control, but compared to Obama, he was a tightwad.
Then there were those pesky ag subsidies, bloated highway bills, Ted Kennedy's edumacation bill, scads of foreign aid giveaways, the nationalization of airport security, Medicare D, TARP, ad nauseum.

There was simply no excuse for Shrubbie and his neoconettes and I'm not going to start entertaining any.

Good grief!
Bite me.

Neocons can kiss my ass.

Clinton was a tightwad compared to Bush.

Political party is 100% inconsequential, both parties equally spend wildly and out of control.

Which sorta puts to bed the notion that President Obama's some kind of wild eyed left wing radical.

And it also underlines the concept..that once a President gets a brand new spankin power..no matter where on the political spectrum they sit..they are loathe to give it up.

I might agree with that if wild eyed left wing radicals like Pelosi did not vote for the bill in the first place.

Yea we were all led to believe Obama & the Democrats were gonna get rid of the Patriot Act. But of course that was just another broken promise like so many other broken Hopey Changey promises. Raising Debt Limits,Corporate Bailouts,Recess Appointments,Signing Statements? The list just goes on and on. Oh well,duped again i guess. "Hope & Change" is for Suckas.

Last edited:
Yea we were all led to believe Obama & the Democrats were gonna get rid of the Patriot Act. But of course that was is just another broken promise like so many other broken Hopey Changey promises. Raising Debt Limits,Corporate Bailouts,Recess Appointments,Signing Statements? The list just goes on and on. Oh well,duped again i guess. "Hope & Change" is for Suckas.

He probably learned his lesson, I'm sure next year he'll run on out of control spending, increasing debt, warmongering in the middle east, etc.

I'm certain he'll do that............................................................

Anyone for a Constitutional Amendment to mandate a balanced budget and fixed debt ceiling? If we don't do it, it will not get done. Stop counting on sanity in DC to save us.

Yea we were all led to believe Obama & the Democrats were gonna get rid of the Patriot Act. But of course that was is just another broken promise like so many other broken Hopey Changey promises. Raising Debt Limits,Corporate Bailouts,Recess Appointments,Signing Statements? The list just goes on and on. Oh well,duped again i guess. "Hope & Change" is for Suckas.

He probably learned his lesson, I'm sure next year he'll run on out of control spending, increasing debt, warmongering in the middle east, etc.

I'm certain he'll do that............................................................

It would at least be an honest reflection of his actual policies, as opposed to what he says his policies are. Of course the press and his other apologists let him get away with this constantly.

It would at least be an honest reflection of his actual policies, as opposed to what he says his policies are. Of course the press and his other apologists let him get away with this constantly.

The day politicians start being honest is the day the rapture will come.

The day politicians start being honest is the day the rapture will come.

Ah yes, the "they all do it" defense.
Once we give them a pass on this we get the gov't we deserve.

Forum List

Back