Obama Says: "Whether We Like it Or Not, We Remain a Dominant Military Superpower"

I don't recall saying it was an 'awful' lie. I do know that folks remember the year they graduated from HS AND when they signed up for Selective Service. I also know that some folks just lie about anything as an instinct.

Well he did technically sign up after graduating high school ... and it's been 30 years ... the months and years tend to blend. It's easy to get dates from that long ago straight. So he said he signed up upon graduation when he did like a year later. Personally, I wouldn't even call it a lie.
[Emphasis added] Yes, he did. But he said "when" he graduated.

Some folks just lie about the smallest things because that is their nature. I'm sure we all have met a few of those in our personal lives.

Yes, and some people are anal nit-pickers because that is their nature.

Well he did technically sign up after graduating high school ... and it's been 30 years ... the months and years tend to blend. It's easy to get dates from that long ago straight. So he said he signed up upon graduation when he did like a year later. Personally, I wouldn't even call it a lie.

Some folks just lie about the smallest things because that is their nature. I'm sure we all have met a few of those in our personal lives.

And some folks are pathetic apologists and liars because it is their nature.

And again ... 30 years ago.
As I said, most folks recall the time they graduated from HS. Most folks also recall when they signed up for selective service. Some things stick with us regardless of the years that have passed.

lol ...

Yeah ... I remember the day I signed up for the selective service like I do the first time I got my dick wet :cuckoo:

Yes, some people are.

I'll let ya know when I come across one.

I remember the day the Challenger exploded, the Berlin Wall fell, the Twin Towers went down, the Red Sox won the 2004 World Championship, and the day I signed up for the selective service like it was yesterday.

Yes, some people are.

Well, Obama lied about the smallest thing and you apologize for it, even saying it's not a lie. :lol: If he's 'mistaken' about either the year he graduated from HS or when he actually signed for selective service, he is very odd for forgetting those life milestones.

That's fine, too. If lies aren't really lies, that's good to know. I'm trying to pick up Newspeak while waiting for my government issued lexicon of it.

Yes, some people are.

Well, Obama lied about the smallest thing and you apologize for it, even saying it's not a lie. :lol: If he's 'mistaken' about either the year he graduated from HS or when he actually signed for selective service, he is very odd for forgetting those life milestones.

That's fine, too. If lies aren't really lies, that's good to know. I'm trying to pick up Newspeak while waiting for my government issued lexicon of it.

lol ...

You can go ahead and call it a lie and I will just continue to mock and laugh at your pettiness.

Oh, man, and the day I got the MMR vaccination?

Huge!

Never forgetting that one!

And who could forget the exact circumstances surrounding the first time they took their car in for inspection?!

Yes, some people are.

lol ...

You can go ahead and call it a lie and I will just continue to mock and laugh at your pettiness.
Obviously you are stoned, again. You imagine that I called it 'awful'. You can't seem to grasp that I have called it small several times. Yet, you apologize for it. How dare someone point out that your dear leader, Obama, lied. Get a grip. :lol:

lol ...

Obviously you are stoned, again. You imagine that I called it 'awful'. You can't seem to grasp that I have called it small several times. Yet, you apologize for it. How dare someone point out that your dear leader, Obama, lied. Get a grip. :lol:

I embellished with the "awful" but my point stands ... when I graduated vs. a year later ... no biggie, it was 30 years ago. Far from a "lie."

lol ...

I embellished with the "awful" but my point stands ... when I graduated vs. a year later ... no biggie, it was 30 years ago. Far from a "lie."
[Emphasis added] Well, it's certainly not true. And I certainly never called it a 'biggie'. Try again. We could give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he is mistaken about the year he graduated from HS and thinks he signed up for selective service when he graduated. I find that really bizarre, too. You don't. But he IS Obama, so I uderstand why you don't. ;)

[Emphasis added] Well, it's certainly not true. And I certainly never called it a 'biggie'. Try again. We could give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he is mistaken about the year he graduated from HS and thinks he signed up for selective service when he graduated. I find that really bizarre, too. You don't. But he IS Obama, so I uderstand why you don't. ;)

The fact that you felt the need to call him out as a liar for it means you are making a big deal of it.

I can understand mistaking when exactly you signed up for the selective service but not when you graduated from high school.

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and you are hollering liar.

The fact that you felt the need to call him out as a liar for it means you are making a big deal of it.

I can understand mistaking when exactly you signed up for the selective service but not when you graduated from high school.

Firstly, I'm not hollering. Secondly, I have offered up the benefit of the doubt. If I do give that, it is bizarre that he is 'mistaken' about those events in his life.

What he said, though, is not true. That makes it a lie or his being mistaken about important events in his personal life. Either of those possibilities is not very flattering in my book. But, he IS Obama and how DARE anyone point something like that out. I understand, so it's cool. :thup:

Firstly, I'm not hollering. Secondly, I have offered up the benefit of the doubt. If I do give that, it is bizarre that he is 'mistaken' about those events in his life.

What he said, though, is not true. That makes it a lie or his being mistaken about important events in his personal life. Either of those possibilities is not very flattering in my book. But, he IS Obama and how DARE anyone point something like that out. I understand, so it's cool. :thup:

Yeah, yeah, the wicked important event of signing up for the selective service. Nobody EVER forgets the circumstances surrounding that.

And, Si, I'm on record calling the man a liar so this nonsense about "how DARE anyone point out blah, blah, blah..." falls a bit flat with me. The thing is I can tell the difference between a real lie and someone having a fuzzy recall of shit that happened 30 years ago.

Forum List

Back