A Chinese Pearl Harbor-style attack could end America’s days as a superpower

As Trump said <para> "US nuclear submarines are the deadliest weapon on earth"
It is not just our subs but all other weapons platforms
It is not only our weapons, but how we use them.

China has never fought a modern war

Now is the time for the Biden administration to take the China military threat seriously and come up with a plan to mitigate it beyond phony rhetoric and buzzwords.

If not, and if China smells weakness like Imperial Japan did, war in Asia could once again be a part of our future.

Such weakness from the giant the Japanese woke up some 82 years ago.

WASHINGTON -- A U.S. Navy warship sailed through the Taiwan Strait on Nov. 5, a Pacific Fleet spokesperson told Nikkei on Saturday, but the transit was not disclosed at that time in a likely attempt to avoid provoking China ahead of a bilateral summit.

At the same time, by going ahead with the transit, Washington signaled its opposition to a unilateral change in the status quo in the Taiwan Strait.

The Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Benfold's voyage took place before U.S. President Joe Biden met with Chinese President Xi Jinping in Bali on Monday. When a U.S. Navy ship sails through the Taiwan Strait, it is often the case that the 7th Fleet, based in Yokosuka, Japan, immediately announces the navigation.

"We have not relented any on our Taiwan Strait transits," the U.S. Pacific Fleet commander, Adm. Samuel Paparo, told military reporters in an event hosted by Military Reporters & Editors Association on Friday.

No. That's definitely not what my post said. Nor meant. And when I said one strike; it's meant in keeping with the OPs "Pearl Harbor" style attack. Many, all at once. There would be very little need for a foreign military to "invade" as the US would be undone. Ungovernable from a central authority. Foreign military presence would most likely come at the request of what's left of the federal government trying to regain central authority over states, regions, and people...
...and what would the US nuclear submarine fleet do to the attacking country?

I'm still not conceding that any multiple EMP strikes against continental US would get to their designated positions without being destroyed. The US knows where EMPs would need to be to have the desired effect.

I live near Amish and Mennonites. Their lives wouldn't be affected at all. Neither would mine, except no more USMB...

The US does not have consolidated Naval forces like we did at Pearl Harbor

China is incapable of taking over Taiwan, let alone the US Military which is the most powerful on earth
The fear is that China, the 3rd most powerful military power, will join forces with Russia, the 2nd most powerful military power, to take down the #1 USA.

We need an intelligent, savvy, strong, wise President as Commander in Chief. We don't have that.

Such weakness from the giant the Japanese woke up some 82 years ago.

WASHINGTON -- A U.S. Navy warship sailed through the Taiwan Strait on Nov. 5, a Pacific Fleet spokesperson told Nikkei on Saturday, but the transit was not disclosed at that time in a likely attempt to avoid provoking China ahead of a bilateral summit.

At the same time, by going ahead with the transit, Washington signaled its opposition to a unilateral change in the status quo in the Taiwan Strait.

The Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Benfold's voyage took place before U.S. President Joe Biden met with Chinese President Xi Jinping in Bali on Monday. When a U.S. Navy ship sails through the Taiwan Strait, it is often the case that the 7th Fleet, based in Yokosuka, Japan, immediately announces the navigation.

"We have not relented any on our Taiwan Strait transits," the U.S. Pacific Fleet commander, Adm. Samuel Paparo, told military reporters in an event hosted by Military Reporters & Editors Association on Friday.

I wonder what dumb Americans would think if China sailed their fleet through the Florida Straits.

I'm still not conceding that any multiple EMP strikes against continental US would get to their designated positions without being destroyed. The US knows where EMPs would need to be to have the desired effect.

I live near Amish and Mennonites. Their lives wouldn't be affected at all. Neither would mine, except no more USMB...
No doubt the offending countries would pay dearly. But that would be mostly irrelevant to folks stateside.

Everyone's life would be effected. Even the Amish. Hungry, scared people don't stay put.

An American expert on EMP warfare, the late Dr. Peter Vincent Pry, published a report in July 2020, during his tenure as the Executive Director of the EMP Task Force on National and Homeland Security, in which he stated that China has long known about nuclear high-altitude electromagnetic pulse (HEMP).

According to Dr. Pry, references to potential HEMP attacks against the US figure prominently in Chinese military writings as a means of prevailing in war. He explained that China’s military doctrine closely associates cyber-attacks with HEMP attacks as part of what it refers to as ‘Total Information Warfare.’

Our military wins conflicts and wins them quickly
The problem arises when you have to occupy captured enemy territory
Lol. Just lost in Ukraine. Lost in AFGHANISTAN. Lost in Vietnam. Turned Syria, Iraq, Libya, and Yemen into disasters.

Lol. Just lost in Ukraine. Lost in AFGHANISTAN. Lost in Vietnam. Turned Syria, Iraq, Libya, and Yemen into disasters.
Never fought to win those wars and occupy those territories, which means the rules of engagement were strict, tying the hands of the military

Compare how quickly our military was able to invade and occupy Iraq and Afghanistan with minimal casualties
A matter of weeks

Now look at the Russian invasion of Ukraine. An invasion that was expected to last two weeks is now going on two years with no progress

The Amish would be the best prepared for that situation, they would farm their land as they always have.
You and everyone else knows this. Plus they're pacifists. They'd be among the earliest preyed upon...

All they would need to do is light up about 4-5 pulses above us and it would be lights out in a year and it wouldn't be that difficult. China already literally floated a trial balloon from montana to south carolina with glowing success.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back