Obama, Republicans reach deal to extend tax cuts, unemployment benefits

how fucking much money do we have to borrow to let 50% of americans pay zero federal income tax each year? How much money do we have to fucking borrow to accomplish that?

Making it large font does not make your point any more valid

50% pay no taxes because they make no fucking money! They control just 3% of our wealth

When your entire income goes for childcare, rent, gas, electric, medical bills...There is not much left to pay taxes with

The richest 2% who control 70% of the wealth...they have plenty left over to pay for taxes

This deal...as Obama outlined it tonight, will end up costing more that the dreaded stimulus that almost every single "conservative" on this board hates. So please tell me how any of you "conservatives" can believe this compromise is a good thing?

I don't.

155 weeks of unemployment is utterly insane. There are jobs out there. They are not your fantacy job, but it is a job.

can everyone work the jobs that are out there? No, some people are limited, and exceptions can be made.

UI should have been pushed past Christmas, just so no one takes it in the ass at this time, but not past the new year.

And no surprise, none of the liberals are demanding that thier people cut spending so we don't have to keep borrowing.

Where the hell did you come up with 155 weeks.

That isnt what was proposed. The automatic stops remain in place. The extension means others will qualify has the others have exhausted thiers.

Jesus!!

President Obama and congressional Republicans have agreed to a tentative deal that would extend for two years all the tax breaks set to expire on Dec. 31, continue unemployment benefits for an additional 13 months and cut payroll taxes for workers to encourage employers to start hiring.
The deal has been in the works for more than a week and represents a concession by Obama to political reality: Democrats don't have the votes in Congress to extend only the expiring tax breaks that benefit the middle class. The White House estimates that the proposed agreement would prevent typical families from facing annual tax increases of about $3,000, starting Jan. 1.
Tax-cut deal reached between Obama, Republicans

Lame. They all took the easy way out of this. And these fuckers wonder why nobody likes them.

Do the "fiscal conservatives" realize that we're so deep in debt that at this point the fiscally responsible approach is to reduce spending AND increase revenue? Amazing how election after election the Republicans can get their constituents hook line sinker with this "cut spending" mantra, yet don't deliver. And this new wave of Teepers is going to be different because...?

I agree with this since tight fiscal policy is nuts during a weak recovery, but it is pretty clear that both sides aren't ready to deal seriously with the deficit.

The tax package being discussed, including a likely temporary extension of a number of tax breaks for businesses, could add more than $500 billion to the deficit, depending on details. But supporters in both parties believe much of that money would be poured back into the economy at a time when recovery remains tentative.

Senate Deal Would Link Tax Cuts, Jobless Benefits - WSJ.com

We are still a long way from having an adult conversation on the deficit, which will require both spending cuts and tax increases.

The republicans refused to talk.

They told the country they would shut down anything the government tried to do unless the wealthy got their tax cut.

To them everything else didnt matter.

They need to create incentive. The extended tax break helps but giving people money for not working does not encourage people to get off their asses and get a job.

I agree with this since tight fiscal policy is nuts during a weak recovery, but it is pretty clear that both sides aren't ready to deal seriously with the deficit.

The tax package being discussed, including a likely temporary extension of a number of tax breaks for businesses, could add more than $500 billion to the deficit, depending on details. But supporters in both parties believe much of that money would be poured back into the economy at a time when recovery remains tentative.

We are still a long way from having an adult conversation on the deficit, which will require both spending cuts and tax increases.

They told the country they would shut down anything the government tried to do unless the wealthy got their tax cut.

So, why didn't Obama have the balls to call their bluff? Can you imagine the poitical suicide the GOP would have committed by "shutting everything down" right about now?

It's not a tax cut TM. It's an extension of a tax cut.

Making over 250 grand does not make one rich.

So, why didn't Obama have the balls to call their bluff? Can you imagine the poitical suicide the GOP would have committed by "shutting everything down" right about now?

B/c the gop didn't say that. She's making shit up and accusing the gop of her make believe.

B/c the gop didn't say that. She's making shit up and accusing the gop of her make believe.

TM doesn't reside on the same planet as the rest of us.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/politi..._e68RPGGXYrQ1GzBfAEhg7I?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

Senate Republicans vow to block all legislation until budget and tax cuts issues are resolved

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/dec/1/gop-vows-stall-senate-until-tax-cuts-are-passed/
GOP vows to stall Senate until tax cuts are passed

http://dailycaller.com/2010/12/01/a...xtension-government-funding-bills-are-passed/

All Senate Republicans vow to block any legislation until tax cut extension, government funding bills are passed

Last edited:
This deal...as Obama outlined it tonight, will end up costing more that the dreaded stimulus that almost every single "conservative" on this board hates. So please tell me how any of you "conservatives" can believe this compromise is a good thing?

I don't.

155 weeks of unemployment is utterly insane. There are jobs out there. They are not your fantacy job, but it is a job.

can everyone work the jobs that are out there? No, some people are limited, and exceptions can be made.

UI should have been pushed past Christmas, just so no one takes it in the ass at this time, but not past the new year.

And no surprise, none of the liberals are demanding that thier people cut spending so we don't have to keep borrowing.

Where the hell did you come up with 155 weeks.

That isnt what was proposed. The automatic stops remain in place. The extension means others will qualify has the others have exhausted thiers.

Jesus!!

perhaps I misread. But I thought I read the unemployment will be extended another 13 months.

That's 155 weeks. Or is it that more people can go to 99 weeks?

either way, each party got what they wanted and will suffer these consequinces in 2012.

Do the "fiscal conservatives" realize that we're so deep in debt that at this point the fiscally responsible approach is to reduce spending AND increase revenue? Amazing how election after election the Republicans can get their constituents hook line sinker with this "cut spending" mantra, yet don't deliver. And this new wave of Teepers is going to be different because...?

People 'seem' to be paying more attention.

Ya can't say that wanting government to stop wasting money is a bad thing.

So assholes are you going to continue to claim the Rs did not say they would hold EVERTHING hostage to these tax cuts for the wealthy?

Oh really do you follow the news idiot?

how fucking much money do we have to borrow to let 50% of americans pay zero federal income tax each year? How much money do we have to fucking borrow to accomplish that?[/size

That came about as a result of the two Bush tax cuts that were

1. not affordable, and

2. not necessary.

I still don't understand how they are funding the social security tax cut or the extension of unemployment benefits.

They need to either cut spending, cut other programs, or raise taxes to extend unemployment.

I am 100% against this fake "compromise" abomination of governance. Pay for it or don't propose it and if you can't have it paid for don't vote for it.

Last edited:
how fucking much money do we have to borrow to let 50% of americans pay zero federal income tax each year? How much money do we have to fucking borrow to accomplish that?[/size

That came about as a result of the two Bush tax cuts that were

1. not affordable, and

2. not necessary.

Not affordable By what measure? Deficits? Compared to whose?

images

Forum List

Back