Obama, Republicans reach deal to extend tax cuts, unemployment benefits

I still can't understand why demonRats think rich people owe them half their wealth? Why can't you stupid people earn your own money? Now how's that for compromise? Fifty per cent of you idiots don't have to pay TAXES but you want to dictate how much the other 50% pay? Arrogant fucks.

How much in federal income tax did you pay last year?

None of your damned business.

If you don't think you pay enough, send a bigger check.

he wasn't asking you little boy. we know you don't pay any.

Obama has no backbone. Borrowing $700 billion to pay for tax cuts for millionaires is fiscally irresponsible

he doesn't have to borrow money he doesn't have to spend eh?

oh pish posh, the dems past nov. rescues for AMT for what? 3 years running? AGAINST their own Paygo rules?

Tea party....Where the fuck are you?

oh they are out there, you think this happened in a vacuum? Those senators up in 2012 are looking over their shoulders, the dem ones most especially.

Cutting taxes without identifying spending cuts first is irresponsible. Obama showed he is unwilling to mix it up with the minority Republicans.

hey, can you say deficit commission?

and since when? Paygo dude....stop the hypocrisy on this score, own it.

Republicans are full of shit. They are more interested in getting payback taxcuts for their wealthy constituents than reducing the deficit they have been screaming about

yes thats it alright, in fact I just heard from one of the Koch bros, hes sending me a box of cubans and a check...:rolleyes:

I still can't understand why demonRats think rich people owe them half their wealth? Why can't you stupid people earn your own money? Now how's that for compromise? Fifty per cent of you idiots don't have to pay TAXES but you want to dictate how much the other 50% pay? Arrogant fucks.

I paid what I owed.

Jesus, you're not even smart enough to make up a good lie.

None of your damned business.

If you don't think you pay enough, send a bigger check.

Who are you? Willowtree's pimp?

People are not meant to be on Unemployment forever. How will this extension be paid for? Unemployment Benefits are meant to be only a temporary solution. This is another one of those expenditures that will come back to haunt us at some point. More Debt. isn't going to help this Nation. Good to see some Bi-Partisanship though i guess.

I think they both said ... "Ah fuck it"
yup
a 13 month extension of Unemployment benefits
looks like both sides caved on key issues

The funniest this is the US can't afford to do either one. Right now, somebody's on the White House telephone calling China to arrange another loan. Another thing is that we aren't going to be able to pay the loan off cause we're too stupid to print money.

Just printing more money and giving it to China will backfire quite a bit.

It would mean a lot of inflation. Just look what happened to Germany after WWI

I feel this is an irresponsible move by both parties.

Indeed! This is what "bipartisanship" gets ya. The Dems wanted to extend UE benefits and raise taxes on some. The Republicans wanted to cut taxes. The "bipartisanship"? Doing the easy part of both!

the very serious attention to deficit reduction lasted about 4 days.
this is not good for the country
but, the tax cuts are needed, and i could see some extension of UE, but not 13 months
are they really saying things are not gonna start to turn around for over another YEAR?

I agree with this since tight fiscal policy is nuts during a weak recovery, but it is pretty clear that both sides aren't ready to deal seriously with the deficit.

The tax package being discussed, including a likely temporary extension of a number of tax breaks for businesses, could add more than $500 billion to the deficit, depending on details. But supporters in both parties believe much of that money would be poured back into the economy at a time when recovery remains tentative.

Senate Deal Would Link Tax Cuts, Jobless Benefits - WSJ.com

We are still a long way from having an adult conversation on the deficit, which will require both spending cuts and tax increases.

So this means we add another couple of trillion to give money we don't have to millionaires and billionaires? Republicans think this is "good" for the country?

So this means we add another couple of trillion to give money we don't have to millionaires and billionaires? Republicans think this is "good" for the country?
can you be any more stupid?
is it even possible?

Forum List

Back