Obama Rally Draws 100,000 in Missouri

im in columbia.. which is the liberal bastion along hwy 70.. but I see how many Obama signs are in yards out by Mark Twain lake and i figure dems have a decent chance this year. It's not really shocking that st. louis, another liberal bastion, gathers as many for an Obama speech but the last time I went to Cape Girardeau it seems like some of the blue was bleeding into some of the usually red territories. I imagine that Springfield and Rolla and southern Mo will remain red, and it will be close, but I think this bellweather state will end up blue enough.

I was just up there last week. Your getting a new Menards just North of 70 on 63, at the Bass Pro exit.

I think we will remain red, but not by much. Rolla will go blue this year, if the college students turn out. If I had to guess, Springfield will go blue this election, but again not by much.

Ah, the fabled and ignorant academia! Which I have been out of, but regardless, its amusing how academic experiences are somehow not real.

Age is not experience. Again. :eusa_wall:

And you really should stop with the assumptions, since I haven't said how smart I think I am.

Riiiight...I'm sure when people speak of 'a lifetime of experience' they only mean 6 years. :cuckoo:

Well then, IYHO how does one acquire experience, if not over time.

Interviewer: So how much experience do you have?

Larkinn: Well I blah blah blah, whatever, whatever, etc, so on.

Interviewer: How many years of experience?

Larkinn: How dare you!

Last edited:
Riiiight...I'm sure when people speak of 'a lifetime of experience' they only mean 6 years. :cuckoo:

In the end it's not the number of years you live but the number of years you spent living.

Your new avatar is hysterical. :lol:

Thanks, isn't it great?

I found it and I was like I had to make this my avatar picture.

As you can see, our "edumucation" system is workin just fine! ;)

Reminds me of this: (Note click on the picture to see the full thing)

$Half Intelligent T.JPG

Thanks, isn't it great?

I found it and I was like I had to make this my avatar picture.

As you can see, our "edumucation" system is workin just fine! ;)

Reminds me of this: (Note click on the picture to see the full thing)

View attachment 6120

Which is scarier? That I hurt myself I laughed so hard or that I knew what muslin was before I read the small print. :D

:lol: For once you actually posted what you said in a neg rep outloud.

Again, everybody since this is the sabbath day I'll be passing around a collection basket.

The money will go towards getting Divecon some anger management. As you can clearly see, he needs it. :badgrin:

AND being socially conservative and being fiscally conservative are two completely practices. Mayor Bloomberg, for example, is socially liberal and fiscally conservative.

social conservatism is, at best, a political oxymoron, imo. they should call it, social busybodyism, because that's what it is.

Which is scarier? That I hurt myself I laughed so hard or that I knew what muslin was before I read the small print. :D

Both? :lol:

America, who are you going to vote for?

This man:

$Obama the Messiah T.JPG

Or this man:

$John McCain and Sawwah T.JPG

Remember, vote wisely. ;) :rofl:

Notice you never mention judgement.

I don't believe mccain is goint to win one swing state, and he needs them all.

Obama may actually win some red states too.

I think everyone on these boards should have to list their income, profession and opinions on their member page. I'd like to know if i'm talking to a greedy, racist or ignorant person. Every republican falls at least into one of these categories.

That means half of america falls into one of these categories too. God bless the other half, huh?

And seriously, if god was on the republicans side, why the last 8 yrs? Has that question been asked ever? I think our problems are gods punishment to the godless gop. Poverty, murder/war, discrimination, theft, Lying, pedophiles, hypocrites.

Notice you never mention judgement.

I don't believe mccain is goint to win one swing state, and he needs them all.

Obama may actually win some red states too.

I think everyone on these boards should have to list their income, profession and opinions on their member page. I'd like to know if i'm talking to a greedy, racist or ignorant person. Every republican falls at least into one of these categories.

That means half of america falls into one of these categories too. God bless the other half, huh?

And seriously, if god was on the republicans side, why the last 8 yrs? Has that question been asked ever? I think our problems are gods punishment to the godless gop. Poverty, murder/war, discrimination, theft, Lying, pedophiles, hypocrites.

have your meds adjusted.

Umm, thats not what they mean. Not sure where your getting the idea that I only have 6 years of experience, nor what relevance this has at all.

Time is ONE factor, not the ONLY factor. You are old, but seem to have very little wisdom, nor intelligence.

*sigh*

Notice the difference between "how many years of experience" and "how old are you". This really isn't difficult.

Time is ONE factor, not the ONLY factor. You are old, but seem to have very little wisdom, nor intelligence.

Typical, losing the arguement, attack the opponent.

So what are the other factors? For experience. Got to keep you on track.

Last edited:
So what are the other factors?

Location, where you've been, what you've experienced. As I said before, you may be much older than me, but I have significantly more experience about what its like to grow up with gay parents. No matter how old you get, or currently are, you don't have more experience than me at that.

Location, where you've been, what you've experienced. As I said before, you may be much older than me, but I have significantly more experience about what its like to grow up with gay parents. No matter how old you get, or currently are, you don't have more experience than me at that.

Did you get the experience of having gay parents over time, or all a once like a shot. And did it mean the same thing to you when you were 6 as it did when you were 16? Will it mean the same thing as when you have kids of your own?

Darn experience over time.

Location? come on...pull the other one it has bells on.

Last edited:
Did you get the experience of having gay parents over time, or all a once like a shot. And did it mean the same thing to you when you were 6 as it did when you were 16? Will it mean the same thing as when you have kids of your own?

Darn experience over time.

Experience over time is NOT the same as age. When I was 16, I had TONS more experience in that, then you have had, despite the fact that you are older than me.

Location? come on...pull the other one it has bells on.

Yes, location. Like whether you live in the ghetto, or in the Hamptons. These things effect ones experience, life, and knowledge of the world around them.

Ok, you know more about one thing than I do. You had gay parents.
And you've gone to college. I've done that too.

Have you:
Raised children of your own.
Buried a parent.
Buried a child.
Served in the Army.
Jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
Traveled to 10 foreign nations in uniform serving your country.
Worked your way up from the bottom.
Had to decide between food and electricity.
Owned your own business.
Hire an employee.
Had to fire an employee.
Wrote a check to the IRS for $40,000.
Paid a mortgage.
Paid off a mortgage.
Saved for a childs college education.
Sat in the waiting room while your wife had life threatening surgury.
Afterward wondered if you could afford it.

Life experience, it comes with age.

No one doubts this but you.

Now whether you learn good judgement and wisdom from those experiences, that is another matter.

But, the older the person, the more life experience they have to draw on to make good decisions.

I'm sorry if you believe this is unfair, but that doesn't change the fact.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back