Obama Rally Draws 100,000 in Missouri

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Washington Wire - WSJ.com : Obama Rally Draws 100,000 in Missouri

$obamastlouis_Q_20081018135311.jpg

Barack Obama attracted 100,000 people at a Saturday rally here, his biggest crowd ever at a U.S. event.

The crowd assembled under the Gateway Arch on a sunny Saturday afternoon to hear Obama speak about taxes and slam the Republicans on economic issues.

Lt. Samuel Dotson of the St. Louis Police Department confirmed the number of attendees piled into the grassy lawn by the Mississippi River.

For months Missouri polls put Obama as much as ten percentage points behind Republican John McCain. It was widely believed that McCain’s pick of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate would have won over the state’s conservatives and boosted his chances there. So far, that hasn’t happened.

A Rasmussen poll released on Friday shows Obama leading in Missouri 52% to 46% for McCain.

McCain can't even draw these type of crowds WITH Sawwah Palin.

Your turn to try and spin this into a negative Republicans. ;)

Of course he drew a huge crowd in St. Louis. Lots of blacks there.

Southern Missouri is all about McCain. I think the race for this state will be close, just like it was in both parties' primaries.

Of course he drew a huge crowd in St. Louis. Lots of blacks there.

Southern Missouri is all about McCain. I think the race for this state will be close, just like it was in both parties' primaries.

This isn't a McCain rally where most of the majority is one race.

But that's beside the point, racism much?

So did he serves loaves and fishes?

You do realize that the only ones who really seem to talk about Obama being a messiah is the Republicans?

"Contrary to what many of you have been told, I was not born in a manger"
-- Barack Obama

So did he serves loaves and fishes?

why do you cons make such disparaging remarks? did you feel this way about kennedy? he inspired people on basically the same level as Obama seems to, yet I doubt highly that anyone ever claimed that JFK or his supporters thought he was Jesus.

I think what really frightens you is that Obama really DOES inspire people in a magnitude that this country hasn't seen in nearly 40 years. and you're fear that this it's insurmountable.

It's sad that you see it as something evil and wrong instead of wonderfully motivating. Obama offers the hope and promise that we can come together as one nation. He just might fullfill the promise made so long ago by JFK and MLK...a country united and standing strong together instead of divided by race, class and income.

I suppose the cons don't truly want a united states of America. They like their version of what America should be instead of the version that those who have given their life for it saw and fought for. Freedom and equality for ALL men and women.

i wonder how many of them dont even live in MO?

:lol: so what? they are driving from out of state just for the chance to hear Obama speak? or is the Obama camp bringing them in? and if they are doing that why not at every stop? JHC DiveCon the bullshit some of you cons come up with the discredit the effect that Obama is having on his supporters is delusional and just plain stupid.

I bet you wish McCain could inspire people like that.

Last edited:
i wonder how many of them dont even live in MO?

:lol: Best excuse you can come up with?

Besides, a bunch of people driving many miles out of state to come and see Obama speak?

I guess you have a problem with people being inspired by Politicians. Because if it came down to that, McCain would lose in huge numbers.

Last edited:
He can win in Missouri.....and Virginia and Ohio and North Carolina and North Dakota and Colorado and Nevada and West Virginia and maybe even Florida.

:lol: Best excuse you can come up with?

Besides, a bunch of people driving many miles out of state to come and see Obama speak?

I guess you have a problem with people being inspired by Politicians. Because if it came down to that, McCain would lose in huge numbers.
do you know where St Louis is?
and how many states are easily within driving distance

Forum List

Back