Obama Press Conference Review

Whan, whan, whan,,.....
Don't cry, lots of people are like you, they don't have a clue how government works.

Reagan and Bush created the debt with useless military spending and tax cuts for the rich.
An immpossibility as Presidents don't write laws, that is the job of Congress, this is the whistling you keep hearing as it goes over your head.

Reagan's own budget director, Phil Stockman, called the tax cuts a "trojan horse" , that allowed them to lower taxes for the rich.
Enacted and voted for by Democrats.

Reagan's budgets, which he brought before Congress, were passed by all the Republicans in Congress and a few Southern Dixiecrats.
Democrats controlled both houses, if Tip didn't want to see a bill, it didn't appear.

As I said before, you don't have clue one how government really works.

Wrong.

Reagan's budgets were passed by Republicans and a few Dixiecrats.

Whan, whan, whan,,.....
Don't cry, lots of people are like you, they don't have a clue how government works.

An immpossibility as Presidents don't write laws, that is the job of Congress, this is the whistling you keep hearing as it goes over your head.

Reagan's budgets, which he brought before Congress, were passed by all the Republicans in Congress and a few Southern Dixiecrats.
Democrats controlled both houses, if Tip didn't want to see a bill, it didn't appear.

Wrong.

is there nothing that you're not wrong about?

Wrong.

is there nothing that you're not wrong about?

I'm a "Yankee" and I am getting tired of biggotry against the South.

Reagan's people shoved his program through the Congress during the early Reagan years. James A. Baker, David Stockman and other Reaganites ran roughshod over Tip O'Neill and the divided Democrats in the House and Senate, and won every critical vote. This is because of the GOP majority in the Senate and the GOP-"Boll Weevil" (or "Dixiecrat") coalition in the House. Phil Gramm was a House Democrat at the time, and he even sponsored the most important Reagan budgets.

American Politics Journal -- The Real Reagan Legacy

Reagan's people shoved his program through the Congress during the early Reagan years. James A. Baker, David Stockman and other Reaganites ran roughshod over Tip O'Neill and the divided Democrats in the House and Senate, and won every critical vote. This is because of the GOP majority in the Senate and the GOP-"Boll Weevil" (or "Dixiecrat") coalition in the House. Phil Gramm was a House Democrat at the time, and he even sponsored the most important Reagan budgets.

Remington Steele with more propoganda.

It's hysterical. Phil Gramm was a Democrat!

He had destroyed America both as a Democrat and a Republican.

It's hysterical. Phil Gramm was a Democrat!

He had destroyed America both as a Democrat and a Republican.

I don't think any one Congressman or Senator can destroy america. the only senator who came REMOTELY close to destroying the country (and I mean REMOTELY) was Joe McCarthy.

the dems had a solid majority in the house all 8 yrs that reagan was in office and at no time did the reps have more than 55 senate seatsb and were actually in the minority for 4 years. ran roughshod, my ass.

they used this nefarious tool called "compromise" to achieve their goals.

damn ,you're stupid.

shouldn't the budgets ultimately fall on the House? since they control the purse?

Wrong.

Wrong.

chris, you're a lying sack of shit as well as an idiot.
at no time during reagan's presidency did the dems hold less than 55% of the house of representatives.

i knew you were stupid; i didn't think you were a liar as well.
live and learn.

Wrong.

at no time during reagan's presidency did the dems hold less than 55% of the house of representatives.

live and learn.

Took you this long to figure that out? :eusa_whistle:

Wrong.

live and learn.

Wrong.

live and learn.

more lies

Start with Reagan's 1981 budget, which passed the House on a 253-176 vote. It was regarded as a stunning feat, given that Democrats owned a 244-191 majority in the chamber. Sixty-five Democrats ended up crossing over to support the Reagan budget, with no Republican defections the other way.

This is regarded as perhaps the most vivid display of a presidential mandate at work in the modern era. There's something to this claim. As the vote neared and O'Neill frantically tried to keep his caucus united, Reagan, elected in a 44-state landslide and only a few weeks removed from an assassination attempt that only bolstered his popularity, appealed to the public in a national television address. O'Neill didn't stand a chance.

"They say they're voting for it because they're afraid," was how Connecticut Representative Toby Moffett explained the defections.

But look closer. Forty-four of those 65 Democrats were conservatives, generally from the South, who today would simply be Republicans (just as the liberal Yankee Republicans of that era are now Democrats). Today's clear and sharp ideological divide between the parties was still taking shape. By current standards, Reagan's popularity was only good enough for about 20 true crossover votes, if that. Otherwise, everyone stuck to the script.

Stop the Presses: Republican Lawmakers Oppose Democratic President | The New York Observer

Whan, whan, whan,,.....

Reagan and Bush created the debt with useless military spending and tax cuts for the rich. Reagan's own budget director, Phil Stockman, called the tax cuts a "trojan horse" , that allowed them to lower taxes for the rich.

These are the facts.

Useless Military spending. I love it.

This Here Boy must be to young to even Remember what the Cold war was really like.

Wrong.

live and learn.

repeating the lie doesn't make it true. why don't you toddle off and post some more glacier pix?
liar.

Forum List

Back