Fact Check: Pork or Earmarks?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 42Presidents, Feb 9, 2009.

1. 42Presidents

42Presidents CFT #1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I'm still waiting for the Change You Can Hope For mantra to pick up steam. Why can we not seem to pass a bill or stimulus package without added "pork" to it? If you want to truly help the economy and the nation, then pass a stimulus package where the items included in the package go towards stimulating the economy or making every American better off. Selective rewards and "pork" projects are not going to motivate the average citizen to go out and spend their hard earned money.

Here is a link to an AP article that conducts some fact checking on this bill and Obama's characterizations of it. Fact Check: Obama has it both ways on pork

And to think this article did not originate from the Fox News site, what is the AP thinking.

2. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005

Despite his lame attempts to spin otherwise, this Obama bill is a whole ton of...

[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    One man's pork is another man's economic stimulant.

4. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,214
    Obama explained how they will help. Of course we never expected any of you haters to understand.

We don't need to explain it to you.

Since you want Obama to fail so badly, give him what he wants and let's see what happens.

It'll finally prove you right. Or wrong.

5. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,183
    Just the STFU you LITTLE BITCH. What the fuck is wrong with you? Don't you love your kids? You stupid little WHORE. You think strapping your kids with the largest debt in America's history is good? You don't have the brains God gave a fucking TURD, you ignorant little BITCH. You HATE America. You are NOT a patriot. You ought to be deported to fucking CUBA you moronic little SLUT. Go suck dick you slack jawed, cum gurglin' little FAGGOT!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,214
    The GOP already strapped your kids with debt. AND, left us with a country where you don't even bother going to college because for one, its too expensive and 2, who's gonna hire you anyways?

Thanks for turning us into Mexico. No one in Mexico goes to college either. And they don't have an economy, except for the one we give them.

So now we are Mexico and China is America. Great job ass fucker.

You don't even realize that you ruined your country. Go fuck yourself. :eusa_shhh:

7. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,214
    Obama said it best last night. You Republicans have horrible revisionist history memories. You forget that all the Bush tax breaks didn't do a god damn thing and you dare debate the New Deal didn't work?

I remember arguing about Iraq and you guys had the balls to say we lost Nam because we didn't stick it out long enough.

You fucks are truly amazing.

8. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    I will remind you all again that a significant portion (last I heard it was 44%) of the economic stimulus package IS TAX CUTS.

9. Angel Heart

Angel Heart Conservative Hippie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    Did you ever give Bush the same chance? I can speak only for myself, I feel hopeful but leery of Obama. His resume is thin and he's said several things that I don't agree with. I don't hate him. I don't wish him to fail. In fact I wish he would be a success. However I'm not going to hold my tongue when I see something I disagree with just because he won.

Sealybobo, you really need to quit drinking the Kool-Aid. It doesn't do you any good.

10. Angel Heart

Angel Heart Conservative Hippie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    You need a big cup of reality. Obama isn't hacking it and can't lead. He's already in campaign mode again because it's the only thing he does well. So he blames the ones who are no longer in power?