Fact Check: Pork or Earmarks?

42Presidents

CFT #1
Jul 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
I'm still waiting for the Change You Can Hope For mantra to pick up steam. Why can we not seem to pass a bill or stimulus package without added "pork" to it? If you want to truly help the economy and the nation, then pass a stimulus package where the items included in the package go towards stimulating the economy or making every American better off. Selective rewards and "pork" projects are not going to motivate the average citizen to go out and spend their hard earned money.

Here is a link to an AP article that conducts some fact checking on this bill and Obama's characterizations of it. Fact Check: Obama has it both ways on pork

And to think this article did not originate from the Fox News site, what is the AP thinking.

I'm still waiting for the Change You Can Hope For mantra to pick up steam. Why can we not seem to pass a bill or stimulus package without added "pork" to it? If you want to truly help the economy and the nation, then pass a stimulus package where the items included in the package go towards stimulating the economy or making every American better off. Selective rewards and "pork" projects are not going to motivate the average citizen to go out and spend their hard earned money.

Here is a link to an AP article that conducts some fact checking on this bill and Obama's characterizations of it. Fact Check: Obama has it both ways on pork

And to think this article did not originate from the Fox News site, what is the AP thinking.

Despite his lame attempts to spin otherwise, this Obama bill is a whole ton of...

155431007QOzrcQ_ph.jpg

Obama explained how they will help. Of course we never expected any of you haters to understand.

We don't need to explain it to you.

Since you want Obama to fail so badly, give him what he wants and let's see what happens.

It'll finally prove you right. Or wrong.

Obama explained how they will help. Of course we never expected any of you haters to understand.

Since you want Obama to fail so badly, give him what he wants and let's see what happens.

Just the STFU you LITTLE BITCH. What the fuck is wrong with you? Don't you love your kids? You stupid little WHORE. You think strapping your kids with the largest debt in America's history is good? You don't have the brains God gave a fucking TURD, you ignorant little BITCH. You HATE America. You are NOT a patriot. You ought to be deported to fucking CUBA you moronic little SLUT. Go suck dick you slack jawed, cum gurglin' little FAGGOT!

Just the STFU you LITTLE BITCH. What the fuck is wrong with you? Don't you love your kids? You stupid little WHORE. You think strapping your kids with the largest debt in America's history is good? You don't have the brains God gave a fucking TURD, you ignorant little BITCH. You HATE America. You are NOT a patriot. You ought to be deported to fucking CUBA you moronic little SLUT. Go suck dick you slack jawed, cum gurglin' little FAGGOT!

The GOP already strapped your kids with debt. AND, left us with a country where you don't even bother going to college because for one, its too expensive and 2, who's gonna hire you anyways?

Thanks for turning us into Mexico. No one in Mexico goes to college either. And they don't have an economy, except for the one we give them.

So now we are Mexico and China is America. Great job ass fucker.

You don't even realize that you ruined your country. Go fuck yourself. :eusa_shhh:

Obama said it best last night. You Republicans have horrible revisionist history memories. You forget that all the Bush tax breaks didn't do a god damn thing and you dare debate the New Deal didn't work?

I remember arguing about Iraq and you guys had the balls to say we lost Nam because we didn't stick it out long enough.

You fucks are truly amazing.

I will remind you all again that a significant portion (last I heard it was 44%) of the economic stimulus package IS TAX CUTS.

Did you ever give Bush the same chance? I can speak only for myself, I feel hopeful but leery of Obama. His resume is thin and he's said several things that I don't agree with. I don't hate him. I don't wish him to fail. In fact I wish he would be a success. However I'm not going to hold my tongue when I see something I disagree with just because he won.

Sealybobo, you really need to quit drinking the Kool-Aid. It doesn't do you any good.

Obama said it best last night. You Republicans have horrible revisionist history memories. You forget that all the Bush tax breaks didn't do a god damn thing and you dare debate the New Deal didn't work?

I remember arguing about Iraq and you guys had the balls to say we lost Nam because we didn't stick it out long enough.

You fucks are truly amazing.

You need a big cup of reality. Obama isn't hacking it and can't lead. He's already in campaign mode again because it's the only thing he does well. So he blames the ones who are no longer in power?

AB (after Bush) whoever can criticize Obama for deficit spending must have been in a cave for all these long years!

The $10 trillion hangover: Paying the price for eight years of Bush—By Joseph E. Stiglitz and Linda J. Bilmes (Harper's Magazine)

Kelso’s Corner » Blog Archive » The $10 Trillion Hangover - Paying the Price for Eight Years of Bush (Harper’s)

'What 8 years of BushCheney have done to our economy'

"Harry Truman said, "No man should be allowed to be president who doesn't understand hogs." That's never been more true than it will be for the man or woman who walks into the White House on January 20, 2009.

Hightower Lowdown | What 8 years of BushCheney have done to our economy

AB (after Bush) whoever can criticize Obama for deficit spending must have been in a cave for all these long years!

The $10 trillion hangover: Paying the price for eight years of Bush—By Joseph E. Stiglitz and Linda J. Bilmes (Harper's Magazine)

Kelso’s Corner » Blog Archive » The $10 Trillion Hangover - Paying the Price for Eight Years of Bush (Harper’s)

"Harry Truman said, "No man should be allowed to be president who doesn't understand hogs." That's never been more true than it will be for the man or woman who walks into the White House on January 20, 2009.

Oh... REALLY? It took America 200 YEARS to borrow 800 Billion dollars, and now YOUR messiah is going to do it in 30 DAYS! Oh yeah... that's going to do our deficit wonders... that'll really BALANCE THE BUDGET... you fucking people are living in LA LA LAND!!!

Last edited:

Oh... REALLY? It took America 200 YEARS to borrow 800 Billion dollars, and now YOUR messiah is going to do it 30 DAYS! Oh yeah... that's going to do our deficit wonders... that'll really BALANCE THE BUDGET... you fucking people are living in LA LA LAND!!!
oh, and you can be sure this is NOT the end of the pork

When are you guys going to get over Bush. You do realize just how fucking stupid you look right. You are defending Massive Deficit spending by saying, Look Bush did it to.

I will remind you all again that a significant portion (last I heard it was 44%) of the economic stimulus package IS TAX CUTS.

I will remind you again that is Bullshit. as that 44% includes people who do not make enough to pay federal Income taxes and yet are going to get a refund from federal Income taxes.

That my friend is not a tax cut, no matter how many times you try and call it one. That is spending.

I will remind you again that is Bullshit. as that 44% includes people who do not make enough to pay federal Income taxes and yet are going to get a refund from federal Income taxes.

That my friend is not a tax cut, no matter how many times you try and call it one. That is spending.

baloney they don't pay taxes charlie, their SS taxes in surplus -is paying the bills that income taxes should be paying...

you don't pay income tax for you and the wifey for the first 20k or so that you make either due to standard deductions and the such....they got no more of an income tax break than you...

the truth will set you free....

envy will bound you...charlie.

baloney they don't pay taxes charlie, their SS taxes in surplus -is paying the bills that income taxes should be paying...

you don't pay income tax for you and the wifey for the first 20k or so that you make either due to standard deductions and the such....they got no more of an income tax break than you...

Wrong care...

If I don't pay taxes on the first 20K but pay taxes on the next 100K.... there is one huge difference... I AM ACTUALLY PAYING FUCKING INCOME TAXES... if you have a net income tax payment of 0, you in no way should get a 'tax refund', P-E-R-I-O-D

It is back door welfare handouts

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Wrong care...

If I don't pay taxes on the first 20K but pay taxes on the next 100K.... there is one huge difference... I AM ACTUALLY PAYING FUCKING INCOME TAXES... if you have a net income tax payment of 0, you in no way should get a 'tax refund', P-E-R-I-O-D

I don't see it that way at all...they are over paying their SS taxes only for the government to use it for the income tax bills.

you all or we, are stealing from them....especially since the government is going to not pay back or reduce their benefits from what they were promised, in the long run.

Income taxes collected ONLY PAYS for 1/3 of our BUDGET dave....2/3's of the OTHER TAXES pays for the rest.

Wrong care...

I don't see it that way at all...they are over paying their SS taxes only for the government to use it for the income tax bills.

you all or we, are stealing from them....especially since the government is going to not pay back or reduce their benefits from what they were promised, in the long run.

Income taxes collected ONLY PAYS for 1/3 of our BUDGET dave....2/3's of the OTHER TAXES pays for the rest.

Then suspend sales taxes... suspend property taxes... REDUCE tax burden... do NOT use the tax system as a hoax job to hand out money when none was paid in

The other thing to, care... is that the REST OF US PAY THOSE TAXES TOO.. and the rest of us are being "stolen from"... fix the SS system that the FED cannot take from it...

And if you are thinking SS is going to support you in your old age... sucks to be you

But none of that means you get a refund on income taxes when you pay no fucking income tax

Forum List

Back