Obama Plans $450 Million Cash For Egypt

I'll tell you something. I may only be speaking for myself or maybe many, but it disgusts me every day to turn on the TV and see those hate filled faces screaming Death to America, Death to Israel, burning our flags,, and it doesn't make me feel like sending the assholes money. That's just the way it is. Islam has a PR problem of it's own making.

Pres. Obama has been quite astute in dealing with the Egyptian situation in a very pragmatic manner.

I am so glad that we have someone like him in the White House.

Who makes wise decisions and and is quite adept in negotiations with foreign governments.

And puts the interests of our nation first before making any international geopolitical alliances. :cool:

Last edited:
Again - Finland already gives double the amount of per capita GDP that US does -.

Which turns out to be how many times smaller than the actual amount the US gives? Can you do the math? Do you dare admit to it?

I'll tell you something. I may only be speaking for myself or maybe many, but it disgusts me every day to turn on the TV and see those hate filled faces screaming Death to America, Death to Israel, burning our flags,, and it doesn't make me feel like sending the assholes money. That's just the way it is. Islam has a PR problem of it's own making.

I can totally understand that - but seeing protests on TV does not give a clear impression of what is going on in a country. It can be a thousand people in a city of 16 million people.

We saw the '99%' protests on our TV's here in Europe - they were no more a portrait of America today than these protests were in Egypt.

The fact is - (peaceful) protest is a basic civil right. We don't have to agree with their views.

Willow Tree -

Egypt has been a democracy for 1 year.

then give them your countries monies, I'm sure they will thank you

Again - Finland already gives double the amount of per capita GDP that US does - and Finland is by no means a generous donor country.

It baffles me that posters here claim to support democracy and moderate Islam - but refuse to support either concept in practice.

It is possible to have a democracy composed entirely of cannibals. Just because a country claims to be a democracy doesn't mean it's a beneficial democracy, even to its own people. Iran is a democracy. If anything Mubarak was far more moderate than Morsi who from the muslim brotherhood and is decidedly NOT moderate.

I can totally understand that - but seeing protests on TV does not give a clear impression of what is going on in a country. It can be a thousand people in a city of 16 million people.

We saw the '99%' protests on our TV's here in Europe - they were no more a portrait of America today than these protests were in Egypt.

The fact is - (peaceful) protest is a basic civil right. We don't have to agree with their views.

You were accurately being shown the American left. The Gimmie crowd was on full display.

Here's news for you asswipe. We don't OWE you or EGYPT a damn thing. The muslim brotherhood is not moderate.

No, you don't owe Egypt a thing - and if you are comfortable with another Iran-like exremist government taking control in Cairo then by all means stop giving money to the people who can prevent that happening.

It also has to be said that in the past the US HAS owed countries a thing - and hasn't offered support then either. Liberia is one great example of that.

I'm still waiting for you to explain when yu gave aid to Finland, btw.[/QUOTE]

Why should I explain that to you? We pick and choose who to send aid to and don't answer to you or to Egypt.

I'm still waiting for you to explain when yu gave aid to Finland, btw.[/QUOTE]

Why should I explain that to you? We pick and choose who to send aid to and don't answer to you or to Egypt.

Because YOU made the claim - which we both know is complete nonsense.

I made what claim? link it.

Here:

You'll find that out when we stop giving you stuff.

In comments #38 and again in #39.

So I ask again - when did the US give Finland "stuff"?

Because YOU made the claim - which we both know is complete nonsense.

Here:

Finland
http://www.hs.fi/english/article/Hidden+help+from+across+the+Atlantic/1135223633788
pages you can research.

did you guys in Finland send US some aid after Katrina? Anytime? France sent a couple of dozen camp cots.

Last edited:

Here:

Finland
Helsingin Sanomat - International Edition - Foreign
pages you can research.

did you guys in Finland send US some aid after Katrina? Anytime? France sent a couple of dozen camp cots.

And THAT was the best you could find, was it?

I can never undertand why posters would rather debase themselves with utter garbage than just admit that their original claim was ridiculous.

Here:

Finland
Helsingin Sanomat - International Edition - Foreign
pages you can research.

And THAT was the best you could find, was it?

I can never undertand why posters would rather debase themselves with utter garbage than just admit that their original claim was ridiculous.

google US aid to Finland. then google Finland aid to the US. you'll be quite amused. One hundred grand. Now why is it Finland thinks we owe them something?

Forum List

Back