Obama Plans $450 Million Cash For Egypt

Enough is enough......
No more cash for any country in the Middle East.
Nada, Zip, Zero, Zilch, Nix, Rien
We cannot buy friends.....

Egypt has been a country for how many years? And they're still begging? That says a lot.

I say it's about time we stop all foreign aide!

Firstly, it's called 'aid' and currently the US gives less per capita than any other developed nation.

In total amount? Almost twice as much as the next closest country. No country IN THE WORLD gives more than the US, and that is not counting private charitable donations by American citizens, which no other country comes even close to.

Miss Saigon has chosen to ignore this reality because it doesn't fit her false premise.

Willow Tree -

Egypt has been a democracy for 1 year.

then give them your countries monies, I'm sure they will thank you

Again - Finland already gives double the amount of per capita GDP that US does - and Finland is by no means a generous donor country.

It baffles me that posters here claim to support democracy and moderate Islam - but refuse to support either concept in practice.

Egypt is not a friendly government.

It's absurd American money is going to people who hate America.

Jesus wept....you people don't even know who your allies are.

shouldn't WE be able to choose who are allies are and who to send aid to?

Yes, of course.

But it makes sense to me that the US would give aid to a new democracy led by a moderate government.

If you don't, you may create another Iran.

Willow Tree -

Egypt has been a democracy for 1 year.

then give them your countries monies, I'm sure they will thank you

Again - Finland already gives double the amount of per capita GDP that US does - and Finland is by no means a generous donor country.

It baffles me that posters here claim to support democracy and moderate Islam - but refuse to support either concept in practice.

Here's news for you asswipe. We don't OWE you or EGYPT a damn thing. The muslim brotherhood is not moderate.

Here's news for you asswipe. We don't OWE you or EGYPT a damn thing. The muslim brotherhood is not moderate.

No, you don't owe Egypt a thing - and if you are comfortable with another Iran-like exremist government taking control in Cairo then by all means stop giving money to the people who can prevent that happening.

It also has to be said that in the past the US HAS owed countries a thing - and hasn't offered support then either. Liberia is one great example of that.

I'm still waiting for you to explain when yu gave aid to Finland, btw.

Forum List

Back