Obama Plans $450 Million Cash For Egypt

Are we going to fund their war on Israel or what? The MB won't help the people in their country and will use money to further their radical plans.

The Muslim Brotherhood are terrorists and any of the Muslims who believe in Sharia law are the ones waging a war on women.

I disagree, its all Geo-politics, obama was right. its the smarter move. its half what they normally get and still keeps the door open yet sends a signal, they need that money so its all about trying to keep some influence and leverage.

of course I never would have thrown mubarak under the bus but hey, thats me....

Amazing. They allow our embassy to be attacked and yet think we should continue to support them.

U.S. Move to Give Egypt $450 Million in Aid Meets Resistance
By STEVEN LEE MYERS
Published: September 28, 2012
The Obama administration notified Congress on Friday that it would provide Egypt’s new government an emergency cash infusion of $450 million, but the aid immediately encountered resistance from a prominent lawmaker wary of foreign aid and Egypt’s new course under the leadership of the Muslim Brotherhood.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/29/w...gypt-450-million-in-aid-meets-resistance.html

Amazing. They allow our embassy to be attacked and yet think we should continue to support them.

By STEVEN LEE MYERS
The Obama administration notified Congress on Friday that it would provide Egypt’s new government an emergency cash infusion of $450 million, but the aid immediately encountered resistance from a prominent lawmaker wary of foreign aid and Egypt’s new course under the leadership of the Muslim Brotherhood.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/29/w...gypt-450-million-in-aid-meets-resistance.html

i think its about time we stopped giving aid to any country whos people hate us.

By STEVEN LEE MYERS

i think its about time we stopped giving aid to any country whos people hate us.

^^^^^ This

Well, I would say it makes sense to promote the moderates, doesn't it?

Sometimes reading these threads I get the impression the poster hasn't read a news story about Egypt for years and likely couldn't place Aswan on a map.

Mystifying.

Congress pretty much just voted against this, so Barry wont be able to help his muslim brotherhood friends out just yet.
US House Blocks Obama Administration’s Plan to Send $450 Million to Egypt | TheBlaze.com

If so, that would be very unfortunate.

If the US does not support pro-western moderates like Mosri, they'll soon have to deal with extremists.

you mean those peace loving moderate level headed even keeled folks that were storming
the embassy ripping down our flag burning it chanting death to America....

Those wonderful people??? :eusa_whistle:

you mean those peace loving moderate level headed even keeled folks that were storming
the embassy ripping down our flag burning it chanting death to America....

Those wonderful people??? :eusa_whistle:

No I don't - you have completely misunderstood.

Aid goes to the GOVERNMENT of Egypt, who are led by moderates.

Protestors are not the government, and do not receive aid.

You do have protestors in the US too, right?

I say it's about time we stop all foreign aide!

Firstly, it's called 'aid' and currently the US gives less per capita than any other developed nation.

In total amount? Almost twice as much as the next closest country. No country IN THE WORLD gives more than the US, and that is not counting private charitable donations by American citizens, which no other country comes even close to.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, jackass.

We prop up "friendly" governments with cash.

Unhappily and (perhaps) foolishly, we even do this even when the local populations hate their own government because why? Because their government (read elites in their nations) supports OUR ELITES.

Is that the case, now in Egypt?

I don't really know, and I seriously doubt anybody here actually knows, either.

Do the anti-American protestors in Egypt represent MOST Egyptians or only those who are protesting?

Forum List

Back