Obama Phones!!

Git yo mutha fucka Obamaphone.

mi-obama-phone.jpg
obama_phone.jpg

"Federal Universal phone" it's on you're phone bill. I pay $2.86 per month on my land line billl, every month and $1.46 per month on my Cell phone so that yacking mouth in Cleveland and elsewhere can have a free phone. I bet most of the rest of you pay it as well.

"Federal Universal phone" it's on you're phone bill. I pay $2.86 per month on my land line billl, every month and $1.46 per month on my Cell phone so that yacking mouth in Cleveland and elsewhere can have a free phone. I bet most of the rest of you pay it as well.

yep, and the FCC asked for another $25 million back in February for the program -
That money is pooled into a fund disbursed by the FCC to cell phone carriers who provide free or low-cost cellphones for families who qualify for other federal benefits, such as food stamps or welfare
and
The program cost $772 million to operate in 2008, but by 2011 the cost more than doubled to $1.6 billion, according to the Universal Service Administration Company which manages the disbursement of funds.
from $772 million to over $1.6 Billion in 2011. Wow!
and -
"It started out with, 'Every household should have a dialtone, so you should call in an emergency,'" says Larry Downes of the technology think tank Tech Freedom. "Well, then it became, 'They should have basic phone service. They should have a basic cellphone service.' They say it's become a basic staple of life. You can't argue with that, but your electric bill doesn't charge you a tax to make sure poor people have electricity."

Because the program has no cap, the fees passed on to consumers are simply raised each year if more people enroll, which has been the case over the last couple of years. In Louisiana, the number of Lifeline customers grew from 38,000 in 2008 to 626,000 in 2011, an increase of 1,565 percent.

Downes charges that the system has been "fraught with fraud."

"People have been ripping this thing off left and right," he says. And the FCC knows it, too.
clever way of keeping people blind as to the fact we are paying for it whether through our taxes or not.

Q: Has the Obama administration started a program to use "taxpayer money" to give free cell phones to welfare recipients?

A: No. Low-income households have been eligible for discounted telephone service for more than a decade. But the program is funded by telecom companies, not by taxes, and the president has nothing to do with it.

Details: FactCheck.org : The Obama Phone?

Q: Has the Obama administration started a program to use "taxpayer money" to give free cell phones to welfare recipients?

A: No. Low-income households have been eligible for discounted telephone service for more than a decade. But the program is funded by telecom companies, not by taxes, and the president has nothing to do with it.

They aren't going to let "facts" determine Romney's campaign.

What facts?

That "taxpayer money" is being used to buy the phones is false.

However...

The US Government is forcing the telecomms to provide the free phones, and the cost of those phones is shifted onto everyone else.

So while "taxpayer money" is technically incorrect, it is still a cost forced on the rest of us, which is the overarching point.

And that's a fact.

NaziCons never let a good lie die...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ]Jerry, just remember. It's not a lie... if you believe it... - YouTube[/ame]

That "taxpayer money" is being used to buy the phones is false.

However...

The US Government is forcing the telecomms to provide the free phones, and the cost of those phones is shifted onto everyone else.

So while "taxpayer money" is technically incorrect, it is still a cost forced on the rest of us, which is the overarching point.

And that's a fact.

One thing that is not being mentioned in allthe silliness over thses threads is it was started under Clinton, kept in under Boosh, and EXPANDED WILDY under Obama.
This is an outrage and I am sick and fukin tired of supplying these G-damn dumbasses with everything while they contribute NOTHING to society..... thats right I said NOTHING! Fucking parasytes all of them....! Hope they rot in Hell..!

Lahkota's link says the FCC is at the bottom of this. When I ran the Federal Communications Commission through my browser, the FCC had a .gov behind its web address. As a taxpayer, I am paying for people to run the FCC. They're behind the phone giveouts, so FactCheck has a great big blindspot right in front of their face if they're claiming the government is not giving away the phones, they certainly are behind the project using our tax money to operate on. What a farce.

Last edited:

What facts?

You see...I quoted Lakhota's post....so THAT post might be a good place to start to figure out what I was referring to.

Nothing I didnt already know....

This was expanded under Obama and you guys know it!

Lie if ya want, but the facts remain.... The Obama regime is expanding every welfare privelage they can (as long as the recipients are minorites and contribute nothing to society).

Lahkota's link says the FCC is at the bottom of this. When I ran the Federal Communications Commission through my browser, the FCC had a .gov behind its web address. As a taxpayer, I am paying for people to run the FCC. They're behind the phone giveouts, so FactCheck has a great big blindspot right in front of their face if they're claiming the government is not giving away the phones, they certainly are behind the project using our tax money to operate on. What a farce.

Just like they blame the home forclosures on the banks, all the while the government made them do it.

Details details....

Forum List

Back