Two people that do not understand free speech

Nothing.

Most conservatives are either ignorant of the fact that the First Amendment applies only to law-making entities and not private organizations or individuals, or aware of this they nonetheless attempt to create the illusion of some sort of ‘free speech violation.’

Nothing.

Most conservatives are either ignorant of the fact that the First Amendment applies only to law-making entities and not private organizations or individuals, or aware of this they nonetheless attempt to create the illusion of some sort of ‘free speech violation.’

Is it legal to deface private property because you do not like the speech that the property displays?

Although, I am annoyed by the fact that the spraypainting woman got arrested, but the camerawomen that assaulted her did not.

It is against the law to deface a sign.
She can just as easily get her own sign to put up.
Why would she be supporting a group violent people, who wants to kill all Jews and Christian's and anyone who will not conform to Islam?

Although, I am annoyed by the fact that the spraypainting woman got arrested, but the camerawomen that assaulted her did not.

Keeping the other woman away from her with the end of her camera pole is not assault.
Neither woman committed an assault.
The one who got arrested was breaking the law of defacing a sign.

Keeping the other woman away from her with the end of her camera pole is not assault.

Except that the other woman didn't touch her, so yeah, jabbing her with the camera pole is assault. As was when she shoved her.

The camera woman was trying to stop a crime. She got her clothing spray painted which constitutes assault.

Actually, the better argument would be that neither of them committed assault because there is no injury. I'm just annoyed that the cop arrested one person involved in the exchange while not saying anything to the other, when her actions were the violent one.

The camera woman was trying to stop a crime. She got her clothing spray painted which constitutes assault.

Agreed. How is it assault to attempt to stop a crime in progress?

Glad Eltahawy was charged. Of course she still doesn't get it. She thinks it is her right as an American to deface the property of others. :eusa_eh:

Last edited:

Except that the other woman didn't touch her, so yeah, jabbing her with the camera pole is assault. As was when she shoved her.

Jabbing means poking,she did not do that.

Glad Eltahawy was charged. Of course she still doesn't get it. She thinks it is her right as an American to deface the property of others. :eusa_eh:

For starters, the camerawoman isn't a police officer. Additionally, saying she was assaulted is like saying I assaulted you if you ran in to me and fell down.

Jabbing means poking,she did not do that.

She has a camera pole jabbed right in the woman's chest. It's in the video.

Why would she be supporting a group violent people, who wants to kill all Jews and Christian's and anyone who will not conform to Islam?

And what evidence is there she supports any group advocating violence?

However improper her method, she is correct to denounce a message portraying all Muslims as violent and hateful, as that’s clearly not the case.

However improper her method, she is correct to denounce a message portraying all Muslims as violent and hateful, as that’s clearly not the case.

Because they read the sign literally, instead of picking up on the not-so-hidden implication of it.

For starters, the camerawoman isn't a police officer. Additionally, saying she was assaulted is like saying I assaulted you if you ran in to me and fell down.

What does that have to do with anything?

The camerawoman is a citizen who attempted to stop a crime in progress. You don't have to be a police officer to do that. And who did I say was assaulted? :eusa_hand:

She is not correct to deface the property of others and then be unwilling to accept the consequences of committing the crime.

That is cowardly.

Forum List

Back