Obama On Compromise WIth The GOP

Let's see if I have this straight. It's a BAD thing for Republicans to oppose policies they don't like, but it's a GOOD thing for the president to oppose policies he doesn't like. It's a BAD thing for Republicans to exercise whatever authority they have to slow down or stop the president's attempts to push the country in a direction they don't like, but it's a GOOD thing for the president to do whatever he thinks he can get away with to stop the country from moving in a direction he doesn't like.
Let's make a deal. Don't tell what I think. Tell me what YOU think. I have no faith in your mind reading ability.

I did tell you what I think. I think the usual suspects in this thread are thundering examples of rampant hypocrisy, simultaneously lauding the president for doing something they self-righteously and incorrectly excoriate the opposition for doing.

I asked, didn't tell, what you thought.

He's threatening to veto virtually everything and the GOP are the obstrustionists? Getouttatown!
Trying to rewrite history? That's blatant revisionism. Republicans are the obstructionists.

We've been watching history, and you're wrong. Where have you been? Heck, Reid even went so far as to temporarily slow down government spending for a while because he refused to even debate spending bills that would have funded the government.

Republicans should pull an Obama and pass the law without Obama's signature
Obama gave himself that power. The democrats in the house changed the filibuster rule. So why can't the republicans do it also?

The Senators absolutely can rewrite the filibuster rule. It's not law and can be easily changed, as exemplified by Reid.

Last edited:
OK Republicans....maybe we can try this

What Legislation do you want Obama to sign?

Keystone Pipeline
Immigration reform
Kill Obamacare
Environmental deregulation

What "compromise" do you think you need to offer to get it signed?

We'll call the Pipeline the "Barack Obama American energy restoration project, a REAL shovel ready job".

OK Republicans....maybe we can try this

What Legislation do you want Obama to sign?

Keystone Pipeline
Immigration reform
Kill Obamacare
Environmental deregulation

What "compromise" do you think you need to offer to get it signed?

We'll call the Pipeline the "Barack Obama American energy restoration project, a REAL shovel ready job".

Call it what you wish

What bills do you want Obama to sign?

Obama gave himself that power. The democrats in the house changed the filibuster rule. So why can't the republicans do it also?

They absolutely can rewrite the filibuster rule. It's not law and can be easily changed, as exemplified by Reid.

I would love to see Republicans end the filibuster once and for all

It is being abused

Our piece of shit incompetent worst-president-ever mouths off above his paygrade again.
Obama warns GOP he plans to use veto pen in 2015 - Yahoo News

You dont start off a relationship by threatening people. Anyone who complains about GOP intrasigence has his head up his ass.

What makes Obama a worse president than Bush? Specifically.

The racial divide that has infected the country, for one.

All the fault of the Right.

Well I guess you could say it is the RWs fault since they could not convince the 47 percent on how this president would divide the country.

So let me guess what you got, since you offered no examples.

Voter id, yet supported by the majority of the black community and in reality it is the left wing telling blacks they are too stupid, because they are poor, to make decisions for themselves.

Immigration, yes that is prejudice against illegals and defends minority jobs.

Can't think of much else but I am sure you will paint all opposition to Obama's radical agenda as just being about race.

let us review a few things though,

The "police acted stupidly," when the did not.

"If I had a son he would look like Trayvon," Which looking at his daughters I don't think that likely.

"Obama doesn't speak in a negro dialect........unless he wants to."

"Here comes the first clean.............black man." Nothing more needs said.

Again, divide and conquer.

They absolutely can rewrite the filibuster rule. It's not law and can be easily changed, as exemplified by Reid.

It is being abused

But, but, but, if what i am hearing from the left is true and everything is rosy then certainly the filibuster must have done good in stopping Obama from screwing things up.

It is being abused

But, but, but, if what i am hearing from the left is true and everything is rosy then certainly the filibuster must have done good in stopping Obama from screwing things up.

All it does is gridlock Congress and make it a nonfunctioning branch of Government

Our piece of shit incompetent worst-president-ever mouths off above his paygrade again.
Obama warns GOP he plans to use veto pen in 2015 - Yahoo News

You dont start off a relationship by threatening people. Anyone who complains about GOP intrasigence has his head up his ass.

Obama compromise?

What compromising with liberal really means?

The Law Dog Files

33opngy.jpg

Obama has never been interested in compromise. He's more interested in Stirring up shit on the people in this country because it benefits him and his party. that's how much he cares about any of you out there

We've been watching history, and you're wrong. Where have you been? Heck, Reid even went so far as to temporarily slow down government spending for a while because he refused to even debate spending bills that would have funded the government.
Talk all you want about Reid, but it's Republican obstructionism that made the filibuster rule an issue. Needing 60 votes for everything was the cause of the slow down and that was the Republicans' doing. Where have I been? Watching what's going on and not letting conservatives revise history

It doesn't hurt when Reid parks over 200 bills on his desk.

You mean all those bullshit bills the House sent over. And they knew that the bullshit bills they sent over would never see the light of day because even the Republicans in the Senate didn't want to take them up.

Those bills? All political theater. Brought to us by those jokers in the House.

You say that like you believe it.

Obama has never been interested in compromise. He's more interested in Stirring up shit on the people in this country because it benefits him and his party. that's how much he cares about any of you out there
It's all Republican obstructionism. It's the reason 60 votes are needed for everything. They don't want to compromise; they hate to compromise, but they want to place all the blame on Obama!!!

It doesn't hurt when Reid parks over 200 bills on his desk.

You mean all those bullshit bills the House sent over. And they knew that the bullshit bills they sent over would never see the light of day because even the Republicans in the Senate didn't want to take them up.

Those bills? All political theater. Brought to us by those jokers in the House.

You say that like you believe it.
He acts like he personally read them.

Talk all you want about Reid, but it's Republican obstructionism that made the filibuster rule an issue. Needing 60 votes for everything was the cause of the slow down and that was the Republicans' doing. Where have I been? Watching what's going on and not letting conservatives revise history

Nonsense. The Republicans dealt with the same issue when Bush was POTUS, but decided not to go nuclear with the filibuster, most likely because the democrats were going ape about losing their power at the time. Guess you have to be a democrat to do something like that.

It's all Republican obstructionism. It's the reason 60 votes are needed for everything. They don't want to compromise; they hate to compromise, but they want to place all the blame on Obama!!!

That's where the blame belongs. "They can come along, but they'll need to ride in the back of the bus", didn't come from any Republican.

They did with Clinton.

Now what are Republicans willing to offer the President in return for his support?

Lets start with....We are willing to stop our Kill Obamacare strategy

Because of course it's their job to convince Obama to support them, not Obama's job to convince them to support him. Hypocrisy, thy name is liberal.
it's always been this way....

The president has ALWAYS had the veto power, it's always been in the President's hand since the constitution was ratified. So yes, congress should know this already, and know that with 2/3's vote in the House and in the Senate, they can over ride the veto.... if they try to push something without compromise with the President that he vehemently is against or believes is bad for the Nation, then our Presidents can exercise their veto power GIVEN to them via our Constitution....

Congress should KNOW that it is THEM that have to compromise with the President, unless they know they have 2/3's vote to over ride.

any vote by congress going through that they KNOW the president will NOT sign, is just done by Congress for Political POSTURING.

begging the question

Forum List

Back