1/3 rd jobs created in 2014 came from Texas

Flash

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2014
Florida
If it weren't for job growth in conservative Red States, the US would have lost jobs.

Yet, this clown Obama takes credit for job growth.

If you want a job come to Texas State adds more than 441 000 jobs in 2014 - Dallas Business Journal

'If you want a job, come to Texas:' State adds more than 441,000 jobs in 2014

Dec 24, 2014, 5:00am CST

Dallas Business Journal

As Hope Andrade says, if you want a job, come to Texas.

Andrade is a Texas Workforce Commissioner representing employers and has tracked the state's job growth throughout the year. Though the Texas Workforce Commission only has figures through November, it announced Friday that the state has added 441,200 positions in 2014 – that's about a third of all jobs added in the U.S.

"We certainly have created business-friendly policies," Andrade said about what's facilitating the job numbers. "You may have heard is that more people are coming to Texas every day and businesses are locating to Texas. We have a high quality of life and a low cost of living. Most importantly, we have the workforce."

Texas, North Dakota and Utah are being hailed as the fastest-growing job markets this year, with each posting employment gains of more than 3 percent. Texas' nonfarm employment has risen 3.7 percent, with Utah seeing a 3.8 percent gain and North Dakota seeing a 5 percent rise. But there's more to those figures than meets the eye.

"It's worth noting that North Dakota has a smaller labor force than many other states, so modest job gains there can look big," MarketWatch reported. "(Texas) also had October's lowest jobless rate at 2.8 percent, a full three percentage points below the U.S. figure."

In November, TWC reported the state's unemployment rate was 5.5 percent, down from 6.6 percent in November 2013. In comparison, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on Dec. 5 that the national unemployment rate is still hovering at 5.8 percent.

Sectors leading the way in Texas job expansion include trade, transportation and utilities, which added 89,600 positions in the last 12 months. Professional and business services and the education and health services sectors also posted health gains of 66,900 and 65,500 jobs, respectively.

Sure, you might have a job, but who the fuck wants to live in Texas?

I'm getting a huge raise, buying a house that would cost over a million dollars in this state for a fraction of the price and to top it all off no more winters.

I'll take it.

I don't see your unemployed ass running to Texass...

I am. Leaving NY for Texas in 2 weeks. Because that's where the jobs are going. But why? Why liberals?
There are jobs in many states, NW Ark has a low unemployment rate....Just depends what you want to do for a living....I tried Texass during the Reagan years and found it wanting..but then again Reagan deregulated oil and busted the oil producing states...So I moved to Arkanass to be near millionaire hillbillies, like the Walton's, Tyson's and several trucking companies that the old timers retired rich from....like Jones Truck Lines and JB Hunt...

Yea but red states like the upstate of south Carolina and north Carolina are diversifying and bringing in companies from all over Europe in different fields.

eia-employment-graph.jpg

Sure, you might have a job, but who the fuck wants to live in Texas?

I'm getting a huge raise, buying a house that would cost over a million dollars in this state for a fraction of the price and to top it all off no more winters.

I'll take it.
There is still winters...
For two weeks, i could go swimming out on my dock right now.

Where in Texas could you swim right now?
Show me someone who thinks this is swimming weather,and I'll show you a yankee.:eek-52:

So how many of these 441K new jobs in Texas were old jobs somewhere else in the US?

If a company moves from Ohio to Texas it becomes a wash on jobs unless they hire more people when they move than they had before.

So how many of these 441K new jobs in Texas were old jobs somewhere else in the US?

If a company moves from Ohio to Texas it becomes a wash on jobs unless they hire more people when they move than they had before.

Not for those who move and shake. Not only am I getting a raise and buying a property I could never afford in NY, I'm also ditching state income tax. That's why it's not a wash.

Forum List

Back