Obama On Compromise WIth The GOP

Seems odd given all that "good will" that Republicans "Obama must fail" policies have built up with our President

Sometimes you reap what you sow

Our piece of shit incompetent worst-president-ever mouths off above his paygrade again.
Obama warns GOP he plans to use veto pen in 2015 - Yahoo News

You dont start off a relationship by threatening people. Anyone who complains about GOP intrasigence has his head up his ass.

Obama has never been a statesman, never been interested in compromise or persuasion. It's always been his way or no way, and he'd rather shut down the government than actually govern.

You dont start off a relationship by threatening people. Anyone who complains about GOP intrasigence has his head up his ass.
Start of a relationship? The Republicans passed that up almost 6 years ago. What you're looking at is freedom. He's got nothing left to lose and everything to gain for the next Dem candidate, i.e. showing everyone what kind of petty obstructionists the Reps are.

You dont start off a relationship by threatening people.

You mean like all those Repubs who got together after Obama's inauguration to plan on their obstructionist tactics to make Obama a one term President. A threat so to speak. Shouldn't of done that.

Gee maybe those asshole Republicans should have looked for a way to work with the President to solve problems,

Now that you Republican have shown you have NO interest in serving the country, Obama's gonna fuck with you all.

You be reaping what you sowed. L:earn to like it. It was your Republicans who brought this situation on yourselves.

Start of a relationship? The Republicans passed that up almost 6 years ago. What you're looking at is freedom. He's got nothing left to lose and everything to gain for the next Dem candidate, i.e. showing everyone what kind of petty obstructionists the Reps are.

Let's see if I have this straight. It's a BAD thing for Republicans to oppose policies they don't like, but it's a GOOD thing for the president to oppose policies he doesn't like. It's a BAD thing for Republicans to exercise whatever authority they have to slow down or stop the president's attempts to push the country in a direction they don't like, but it's a GOOD thing for the president to do whatever he thinks he can get away with to stop the country from moving in a direction he doesn't like.

Is that about the size of it?

Generally, a Speaker or Senate Majority Leader can meet privately with the President and bring up the times they went to bat for the President or helped him get a bill passed and use that as a basis for getting the President to support pending legislation

Neither Boehner or McConnell has any of that. They have poisoned the well with Obama who has shown he is willing to proceed on his own without the Republicans.

Boehner and McConnell going in like they have a blank slate with the President is not going to work. Obama has shown he is going to play hardball

Isn't it nice having this President Threaten you all the time?

You put Republicans in power FOR A REASON

you elected the thug

I find it odd that the OP uses the term "Compromise" in his thread title

What are the Republicans willing to offer the President for his support?

Let's see if I have this straight. It's a BAD thing for Republicans to oppose policies they don't like, but it's a GOOD thing for the president to oppose policies he doesn't like. It's a BAD thing for Republicans to exercise whatever authority they have to slow down or stop the president's attempts to push the country in a direction they don't like, but it's a GOOD thing for the president to do whatever he thinks he can get away with to stop the country from moving in a direction he doesn't like.

You know what. It would have been fine to have a difference of opinion with the President and then resolve those differences by writing good, thought out compromise legislation. That didn't happen.

It is fine to think the President has wrong priorities. But to threaten the full faith and credit of the United States government because Republicans wanted revenge is wrong and should not be tolerated by either side.

It is not ideal for a President to be doing the Congress's job. But when the Republicans in Congress use every single parliamentarian trick to block and obstruct, well someone had to do the work. SO the President did. That's on your Republicans for not doing THEIR damned job.

You all should have elected Republican LEADERS and members who had the best interest of our country in mind and not their own re election in mind. This mess is on you Republican voters. You are getting what you paid for. Nothing. You let the hate of a black Democratic President overcome your common sense about how the country functions best. Compromise is not a dirty word.

He';s threatening to veto virtually everything and the GOP are the obstrustionists? Getouttatown!

Our piece of shit incompetent worst-president-ever mouths off above his paygrade again.
Obama warns GOP he plans to use veto pen in 2015 - Yahoo News

If Congress passes genuine bi-partisan legislation, then they can override any presidential veto, so what's the problem?
If its; genuinely bipartisan why would Obama veto it in the first place? Duh.

He';s threatening to veto virtually everything and the GOP are the obstrustionists? Getouttatown!

I hope they throw a bill at him every week. Make him EAT his words

You dont start off a relationship by threatening people.

You mean like all those Repubs who got together after Obama's inauguration to plan on their obstructionist tactics to make Obama a one term President. A threat so to speak. Shouldn't of done that.

Gee maybe those asshole Republicans should have looked for a way to work with the President to solve problems,

Now that you Republican have shown you have NO interest in serving the country, Obama's gonna fuck with you all.

You be reaping what you sowed. L:earn to like it. It was your Republicans who brought this situation on yourselves.
And The Democrats got together after Bush's first term and were determined to see him re-elected, right Zekester?
Hey, Zeke. You figured out the difference between Reg Z and your left nut yet?

See, what Obama should have said is this:
I know the Republican leadership and I have differences of opinion and have clashed in the past. But I look forward to working with the new Congress on issues where we are closer together to hammer out compromises for the good of the American people.
See how simple that would have been?

Forum List

Back