Obama On Compromise WIth The GOP

Generally, a Speaker or Senate Majority Leader can meet privately with the President and bring up the times they went to bat for the President or helped him get a bill passed and use that as a basis for getting the President to support pending legislation

Neither Boehner or McConnell has any of that. They have poisoned the well with Obama who has shown he is willing to proceed on his own without the Republicans.

Boehner and McConnell going in like they have a blank slate with the President is not going to work. Obama has shown he is going to play hardball

You have that backwards.
The Pres refused to meet with either party in 2009 and up until recently when he called to get the spending bill passed.
That is what our Presidents do and he refused to do that. Now after being there for 6 years he decides he had better get in touch with congress and the leaders.
in order to get things passed.

Obama called us "the enemy" used the NSA to spy on us and IRS to audit us, fuck him.

Republicans need to deem laws passed without his signature

I find it odd that the OP uses the term "Compromise" in his thread title

What are the Republicans willing to offer the President for his support?
Elections have consequences and the GOP won.

That they did

And Republicans are now going to face the consequences of the poor relationship they have built with the President

See, what Obama should have said is this:
I know the Republican leadership and I have differences of opinion and have clashed in the past. But I look forward to working with the new Congress on issues where we are closer together to hammer out compromises for the good of the American people.
See how simple that would have been?

That is good

Now what are Republicans willing to offer the President in return for his support?

Lets start with....We are willing to stop our Kill Obamacare strategy

Hey, Zeke. You figured out the difference between Reg Z and your left nut yet?

Why you keep asking you stupid mother fucker? You applying for a loan somewhere and want me to explain your Truth In Lending statement? Ain't happening dude. And you are too fucking stupid to understand the explanation.
So quit asking me to explain it to you.

And my left nut. Why you worried about my left nut? I ain't giving that to you either. Fucking weird stupid rabbit.

Now what are Republicans willing to offer the President in return for his support?

Because of course it's their job to convince Obama to support them, not Obama's job to convince them to support him. Hypocrisy, thy name is liberal.

You mean like Obama starting off his second term by threatening vetoes?

Well maybe he figured out the Republicans in Congress were to stupid to understand that a President, any President has veto power.

Of course as stupid as this group of elected Republicans is, someone needed to tell them that.

Maybe you don't understand either. President have veto power. Just lettin' you know.

Because of course it's their job to convince Obama to support them, not Obama's job to convince them to support him. Hypocrisy, thy name is liberal.

Still looking for what the right is looking to offer the President in compromise

As I suspect....it will be nothing

Obama is the most divisive President in a very long time. Rather than giving a speech about compromise and working together, he gives one about you either do it my way or I will impede any progress. The main problem of our country is our officials, who care only about their own profit.

Maybe you could list the ONE piece of legislation that Republican brought to Obama that Obama refused to support to some extent or another. Not legislation that Repubs wanted to repeal. But new, good for the entire country legislation. What did Repubs bring to the table that Obama wouldn't work with them on?

I remember when Bohner had visited the White House and PROUDLY proclaimed that he got 90% of what he wanted. And NONE of that legislation was passed. And Obama even supported some of it. And it didn't pass.

Who you want to blame that on?

Interesting article: You all put him on us
Snip:
With Two Years Left, the Inflection Point of the Obama Presidency
December 26th, 2014 - 5:02 pm

The Revenge President
The men behind Obama took a calculated gamble in 2008 that the nation was ready for the first post-American president, a man with no meaningful cultural roots in the nation he would profess to lead. They relied on the intrinsic good-heartedness of the electorate to show their lack of prejudice in voting for a man with an exotic Arabic/Muslim name only seven years after the atrocity of Sept. 11. They counted on the innate good will of the American people, judged that the time was right for a black president, and then went out and found the only half-black candidate who had absolutely nothing to do with the black American experience and ran him as an avatar of black America.

all of it here:
With Two Years Left the Inflection Point of the Obama Presidency Unexamined Premises

Of course as stupid as this group of elected Republicans is, someone needed to tell them that.

Maybe you don't understand either. President have veto power. Just lettin' you know.

Maybe you don't understand either. Congress votes on the bill. Just lettin' you know

What arrogance. To h**l with the will of the American people.

“You send me bills I don't like and I'll veto them.”

Well, that's his choice. It's the way our system works. But --- it may well be that Congress will have enough votes to override his vetoes. What will he do then? Issue Executive Orders telling the various departments not to obey those laws? I wouldn't put it past him.

Read the story @ Obama Warns Republicans He Plans to Veto Their Legislation CNS News

with more on it @ Obama readies veto pen and the new paradigm of obstructionism Hot Air

I find it odd that the OP uses the term "Compromise" in his thread title

What are the Republicans willing to offer the President for his support?
Elections have consequences and the GOP won.

That they did

And Republicans are now going to face the consequences of the poor relationship they have built with the President

The poor relationship THEY BUILT??

Holy Hell. He doesn't give the GOP the time of day and hasn't for the six years he's been in office and you think they are to blame for the poor relationship??

Is this the same Obama who continually reminded the GOP that he won and that they should all get in the back of the bus?

The same Obama that didn't want any input from the GOP when he crafted that piece of shit ACA??

The Obama who has done nothing to include the GOP in anything??

That Obama? The worst president since WWII?

Hope the GOP tells Obama to kiss their ass and I hope they have enough votes to override everyone of his veto's.

it's always been this way....

The president has ALWAYS had the veto power, it's always been in the President's hand since the constitution was ratified. So yes, congress should know this already, and know that with 2/3's vote in the House and in the Senate, they can over ride the veto.... if they try to push something without compromise with the President that he vehemently is against or believes is bad for the Nation, then our Presidents can exercise their veto power GIVEN to them via our Constitution....

Congress should KNOW that it is THEM that have to compromise with the President, unless they know they have 2/3's vote to over ride.

any vote by congress going through that they KNOW the president will NOT sign, is just done by Congress for Political POSTURING.

Forum List

Back