Obama glad Eagles signed Vick. The picture on Drudge says it all!

Right now he is not allowed by law to own a dog. He wants to get one for his daughter and to show that he's left his old ways behind, but that would require the judge to approve it based on his rehabilitation process.

The entire concept of parole and probation is predicated on the belief, by our justice system and by extension our society, in second chances and the ability of an individual to improve themselves. And there's probably some cliche Biblical verse I could pull out of my ass right now.

He volunteers with the Humane Society five days a week, and an undisclosed portion of his NFL money goes animal abuse shelters--the rest goes to creditors, attorneys, and legal fines.

Tony Dungy, a former coach who is universally respected in the NFL, met with Vick in prison and has time and again made a positive testament to his character and desire to change for the better. If Dungy can see the good, then you know there's something there.

Andy Reid, both of whose sons have spent time in prison on drug-related charges, was instrumental in bringing Vick to the Eagles, partly because he believes in redemption, having seen both his sons become positive individuals after their time behind bars.

And keep in mind, while Vick was serving there were serious doubts in the NFL community about his ability to be physically competitive in the league were he to be allowed back in; he was an absolute wild card after release, and was seen as more of a liability than an asset by most. Very, very few teams were willing to take the public relations AND on-field performance risks on him. Reid was one of the few willing to take those risks; part of his own reputation is now tied to Vick's future.

I believe in the ability of people to improve their character. But I guess for some of you clowns, nothing short of life in prison for Vick would be enough.

Now he's become an elite quarterback in the NFL--better than what he was before serving--and has a solid chance to become the MVP this year. Deal.

Should be MVP as he's the only quarterback in the league that can put up positive stats in one quarter equal to or better than whole game stats put up by most other quarterbacks.

Why are you teapartiers always trying to get more intelligent people to look at Drudgereports? :cuckoo::lol:

Nobody with half a brain would believe any headline on that site.

Then dont look at it...... go back to The Huffington Puffington POS or MediaMatters(not) or whatever you read.

Just goes to show ya though.... you will discount a credible news source because it outted BJ Clinton.

I thought you were smarter than that Sarah :eusa_eh:

i'd rather have him as a payer into the system, than a draw on it
also, it fits with my Christian forgiveness

This thread DOES seperate true Christians like yourself from the 'christian brown-shirts'.
Strolling isnt a christian, so there is not that involved with her dislike
she is proudly a wiccan(at least i think thats what she has said before)

Post was only directed at anti-Vick christians.
Nice try tho'.............:lol:.

This thread DOES seperate true Christians like yourself from the 'christian brown-shirts'.
Strolling isnt a christian, so there is not that involved with her dislike
she is proudly a wiccan(at least i think thats what she has said before)

Post was only directed at anti-Vick christians.
Nice try tho'.............:lol:.
i know what you meant, but i was explaining that didnt fit for strolling

Why are you teapartiers always trying to get more intelligent people to look at Drudgereports? :cuckoo::lol:

Nobody with half a brain would believe any headline on that site.

Then dont look at it...... go back to The Huffington Puffington POS or MediaMatters(not) or whatever you read.

Just goes to show ya though.... you will discount a credible news source because it outted BJ Clinton.

I thought you were smarter than that Sarah :eusa_eh:

I didn't look at it and Drudge isn't credible. He panders to the right wingnuts.

Prior to the dogfighting incident, Vick was a model citizen and YES a role model. He was more than courteous to fans, the media and kids alike. Dog fighting is vicious and shows lack of good judgement and morals, but he paid his debt to society, he did his time and now he is doing what he can to make up for it (charity work and donating money).

Dog fighting is bad, but some people rank it too high on the list of crimes. I do not believe it's in the relm of murder, rape, child molestation etc, where the perpetrator doesn't deserve a second chance!

TPS you claim to be a Christian, but lack of forgiveness is very unchristian like!

capt.4cc52fc8a07f991ba4dc5497abbb8413.jpeg

DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

Need I say more?

Scumbag!

The propensity of sports fans to forgive anything as long as the guy makes touch downs has always been something, I view with disgust.

I know what you are saying. BUT PIT BULLS!!! :eek:

There was a pit bull at the condos I used to live in. The biggest, most MONSTROUS looking pit bull you ever saw. This thing looked like it had been cross bred with CUJO!

One day without any warning, it jumped out from it's patio, grabbed my oldest with it's front paws in a bear hug, (who was only 8 at the time), and pulled her face in toward him.

I was so horrified, (I'm ashamed to say) I couldn't react. Biggest Pit bull I EVER saw! HUGE!

Then the dog, started licking the crap out of her! :lol::lol::lol:

Biggest friendliest thing, you ever saw. It would come running up to you, looking like something out of a nightmare and then stop short, right in front of you, wagging it's tale and panting happily to see you!

LOVED EVERYBODY! :lol::lol::lol:

One day, the dog got stolen. Probably by some scubag like Vick who will make it mean.

I have no use for people who mistreat helpless animals.

I don't give a damn how many touch downs Vick makes. He's a slime ball in my book.

Attention anti-Vick hating wannabe Christians.
Bible Study starts on NBC, 5 P.M.(P.S.T.) tonite.
To see the Light, y'all tune in now, ya' hear?

Now he's become an elite quarterback in the NFL--better than what he was before serving--and has a solid chance to become the MVP this year. Deal.

You meant to say "MVP runner-up", which is about as useful an honor as receiving rep on USMB.

You meant to say "MVP runner-up", which is about as useful an honor as receiving rep on USMB.

If Vick stay on par this season these last two games, which let's face it, its the Vikings and Cowboys, he will. Then he will win the MVP, although Brady is making that decision tough!:eek:

Should be MVP as he's the only quarterback in the league that can put up positive stats in one quarter equal to or better than whole game stats put up by most other quarterbacks.

Agreed. I would like to see him be successful, both on and off the field. In the past when Vick was first let back in to the league, I'd hear some of the people hating on him and wonder if they really wanted to see him fail, just to see him back in prison.

I think of it like this. If a mom becomes a crackhead and gets in trouble with the law, and her kids wind up in foster care... I could rightfully call her a bad mom, no morals, loser, etc. I would definitely have a negative opinion of her as a person. But at the same time, I would also want to see her, this person I don't like, get rehabilitated so that she could become a positive individual again.

He's playing in the NFL; right or wrong, that's just the way it is now. So where to go from here? Do people want to see him fail, to set up another dog fighting ring or whatever, just so he goes back behind bars and can't ever play football again? Or do people want to see him be successful, and be in a position where he can be a highly-visible, positive force for communities and continue donating chunks of money to animal abuse causes? I would like to see him one day become a model of redemption, and be well-known proof that second chances do work.

One thing is for sure, there's a bunch of animal shelters in the Philly area that are glad he's making NFL money. :lol:

In other words, very useful, because it's redeemable for coupons and select prizes.

If Vick stay on par this season these last two games, which let's face it, its the Vikings and Cowboys, he will. Then he will win the MVP, although Brady is making that decision tough!:eek:

Keep in mind Vick didn't play for 2.5 games this year. Even if Vick stays on par, there is still a PC aspect to the league, so Brady probably has it.

I'm not talking about my approval. I'm talking about the approval of the crowd that Vick could shoot his wife at high noon on Friday, as long as he makes touch downs on Sunday!

But Tiger Woods did less and is anyone forgiving him?

No?

So, what's different about Vick? Tiger didn't kill anything. Vick's favorite method was hanging the poor things.

What's different? VICK IS MAKING TOUCH DOWNS!

Or you know damn well, he'd be in the same DOG HOUSE (pun intended) as Woods!

And OF COURSE, it's the guys coming to the thread, coming to Vick's defense on this one.

Thanks for proving my point. Disgusting!
It's all making since, now.

You're a (not so much in the) closet Racist.

Mentions of OJ, Vick, and Tiger all while "discussing" what conversation Obama had with the Eagles.

How dare that black man (Obama) speak in favor of another black man (Vick)!!!

If I was to get an opportunity to talk to the coach, I would congratulate him on giving someone a 2nd chance too.
Vick has paid his debt, showed remorse, and resumed his role as a role model quarterback in the NFL

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

RACIST! = a liberal losing an argument.

What does color have to with it? There are white guys in gangs! There are hispanic guys, Asian guys. Hell there are girls in gangs!

Gangs are pretty damn equal opportunity these days.

I don't know about you, but I lived in Los Angeles in the 70s. There wasn't a color that wasn't in gangs!

That's how I think about them. Sorry, you see gangs through a racist prism, but that SAYS WAY MORE ABOUT YOU!

The racist here is YOU, if you think ONLY blacks are in gangs.

So, what are you suggesting? It's impossible to hire a black guy with CHARACTER? And to suggest otherwise is impossible?

Who is the racist here?

Nice try loser! Is that all you got?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Howard Cosell said "look at that monkey run" when referring to a black football player. He produced home videos showing him ssaying "look at those monkeys run" when referring to his kids. He had a history of never acting in any racial manner...yet he was not given a second chance.

Pete Rose gambled but didnt kill anything. Vick gambled AND killed.

Sorryu folks on the left....Obama should have left this one alone.

And as I keep saying and you all are ignoring...

Obama praised a man for hiring an ex con who he is counting on making him millions of dollars.

If he hired some kid who got out of jail for auto theft, and put him in the mailroom, THEN praise is due to the employer.

But to hire someone you assume will make you millions? And be praised for it by the President?

Ludicrous.

You know that's another good point. Thanks for bringing that up.

But Pete Rose never HARMED A HAIR ON ANY LIVING CREATURE.

Yet he was BANNED FOR LIFE from baseball!

That will show the crumbling of standards in our culture!

If Rose were in baseball today, would the same standard be held if he was making home runs?

I wonder.

yo...

To praise a man for hiring an ex con who was hired becuase the returns will be plentiful for the one doing the hiring is the issue here.

If a man went to jail becuase he was a banker that conned his depositers out of millions and he was hired after he served his time by another bank becuase he is one of the best in the industry, you think Obama would have praised that bank for giving him a second chance?

I bet not.

How about giving George Bush a second chance.

Do you think any lib here would be up for that? ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::flameth::flameth::flameth::blowup::blowup::blowup:

Who me? :eusa_angel:

I'm not talking about my approval. I'm talking about the approval of the crowd that Vick could shoot his wife at high noon on Friday, as long as he makes touch downs on Sunday!

But Tiger Woods did less and is anyone forgiving him?

No?

So, what's different about Vick? Tiger didn't kill anything. Vick's favorite method was hanging the poor things.

What's different? VICK IS MAKING TOUCH DOWNS!

Or you know damn well, he'd be in the same DOG HOUSE (pun intended) as Woods!

And OF COURSE, it's the guys coming to the thread, coming to Vick's defense on this one.

Thanks for proving my point. Disgusting!

Mentions of OJ, Vick, and Tiger all while "discussing" what conversation Obama had with the Eagles.

If I was to get an opportunity to talk to the coach, I would congratulate him on giving someone a 2nd chance too.
Vick has paid his debt, showed remorse, and resumed his role as a role model quarterback in the NFL

What does color have to with it? There are white guys in gangs! There are hispanic guys, Asian guys. Hell there are girls in gangs!

I don't know about you, but I lived in Los Angeles in the 70s. There wasn't a color that wasn't in gangs!

That's how I think about them. Sorry, you see gangs through a racist prism, but that SAYS WAY MORE ABOUT YOU!

So, what are you suggesting? It's impossible to hire a black guy with CHARACTER? And to suggest otherwise is impossible?

Who is the racist here?

Catch up.

I'll wait
:eusa_whistle:

Fair enough...

But do you really see the owner doing this to give Vick a second chance?
If he felt Vick was no better than someone else out there, do you think he would have went with Vick?

I mean, letys be real here...Vivk was damaged goods and a good deal and the returns made it worth his while to take a chance.

The second chance part? Simply a bi product.

The POTUS should have known better. Sports owners make decisions based strictly on return....just like all busioness owners.
Oh, I totally agree that the owner had wins = $$ on his mind.
Just like when my Dolphins brought Rick Williams back, (shit!! another black guy, I better be careful :lol: ) I still have Miami jerseys in my closet but I got rid of the #34 ones after that happened.

One problem I had with the whole Mike Tyson :)eusa_shhh:) coming back after his felony conviction: As a boxer his hands are registered lethal weapons. A convicted felon isn't supposed to be in possession of a lethal weapon. he should have never been allowed to box again.

Yes, it's all about the $$$$.

Tyson was convicted on a bogus charge.

Oh like hell he was!

:mad:

okay i was giving neg rep to anyone saying anything nice about vick....i didnt realize i had 7 pages to read....

vick is a fucking sadist...anyone supporting him...is supporting him is supporting a fucking sadist....

i still cant believe you, del think he should be forgiven....i am sorry.....no forgiveness for some sadist who killed innocent dogs....fuck him and fuck anyone supporting him

On this we agree! ;)

Who is the racist here?

Catch up.

I'll wait
:eusa_whistle:

Man, I'm making dinner! I don't have time to catch up. ;)

(No really, I just checked in for a second in between stuff making dinner)'

Forum List

Back