Obama glad Eagles signed Vick. The picture on Drudge says it all!

Bush was given a second chance when re-elected in 2004. He still screwed up.

Vick? He was an horrible abuser of dogs. I don't think he should own another dog.

Would this be a good time to bring up my feral dog stories again?

:)

(I think we finally have them under control, after 6 years of hunting them hard.)

I did shoot one I know was someone's pet (the collar gave it away), but it was a over mile into my property and charged me after a warning shot that scared the rest of his pet posse off. Bad move, Scruffy.

On the positive side, I did not waste the meat. It made great coyote bait for a couple of days :)

My brother had to do that once.

It was pretty funny, because he told me he watched it coming toward him snarling for quite a while, and then suddenly he realized, "Oh my gosh, I might just have to shoot this dog!"

(My brother LOVES DOGS. He has like 6 rescue dachshunds with him and one dog he thinks that's part cyote or fox. This is not the person that wants to shoot a dog ever, unless he is absolutely forced to)

So he pulled out his shotgun, and the minute the dog saw the gun, he stopped right in front of my brother, looked at the gun and trotted off.

My brother said, it was like the dog was saying, "It's COOL, IT'S COOL!" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Smart dog!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Would this be a good time to bring up my feral dog stories again?

:)

(I think we finally have them under control, after 6 years of hunting them hard.)

I did shoot one I know was someone's pet (the collar gave it away), but it was a over mile into my property and charged me after a warning shot that scared the rest of his pet posse off. Bad move, Scruffy.

On the positive side, I did not waste the meat. It made great coyote bait for a couple of days :)

My brother had to do that once.

It was pretty funny, because he told me he watched it coming toward him snarling for quite a while, and then suddenly he realized, "Oh my gosh, I might just have to shoot this dog!"

(My brother LOVES DOGS. He has like 6 rescue dachshunds with him and one dog he thinks that's part cyote or fox. This is not the person that wants to shoot a dog ever, unless he is absolutely forced to)

So he pulled out his shotgun, and the minute the dog saw the gun, he stopped right in front of my brother, looked at the gun and trotted off.

My brother said, it was like the dog was saying, "It's COOL, IT'S COOL!" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Smart dog!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I finally figured out that ferals don't care about a warning shot, they'll either freeze, or keep doing what they're doing (much like deer and other truly wild animals). Pets will always haul ass.

That's why the one with a collar that kept coming sealed his fate rather quickly. There were 4 of them running together, all obviously pets. They began to stalk me through the woods as I walked down a dirt road. When a couple of them began coming closer, growling and showing themselves, I fired the warning shot. 3 of them (the 3 smallest) immediately hauled ass deeper into the woods.

The 4th one just kept coming closer.

But not for long :)

We have very few rules on for hunting our land. But the most staunchly enforced one is that if you see a feral or a coyote, you MUST take a shot, no matter how far away it is. Coyotes have decimated our quail, and 5 years ago they had completely wiped out our turkey (keep in mind we have almost 2,000 acres, and for a couple of years, you didn't see a single turkey. Thankfully, they have come back since we started blasting the coyote.)

Bobcats are shooter's choice, though we "close the season" on them if we take more than 4 in season. They are actually beneficial, and so territorial that they will police themselves. You don't have the population problems with them that you do with coyote and ferals.

Pets are to be shot if they threaten, whether it be humans or livestock. Unless they're our pets, or neighbors' pets we recognize.

Last edited:
I believe in second chances. I am sorry that there are alot of others who dont. I dont think he should be put to death for what he's done and since he should keep living he needs to be working at whatever job he gets.

What gets me is that people are so upset about what he did to animals, yet unborn children don't get the same outrage.

While I obviously don't approve of what Michael Vick did, he served his time in jail, paid his fines, and received his punishment. Is he never supposed to be able to get a job ever again?

The issue really isnt about Michael Vick in my eyes. The issue is praising the owners of the Eagles for giving him a second chance.

Lets be real here.....if Michael Vick did not run the 40 in 4.1 seconds, would the owners of the Eagles hired him to sell hot dogs in the stands?

He hired him as he saw him as a means to make money...not as a means to give Michael Vick a second chance.

And likewise, would Michael Vick taken a job to sell hot dogs in the stands? Again, lets be real here...he took the job due to his ability to generate millions in salary.

Obama, a President I was not thrilled with from day one, but one I am now giving much more credit to as of late (he is actually starting to get my support in some initiaitives)...dropped the ball with this one.

I prefer seeing him out there praising some kid who got out of jail for some dumb auto theft and going back to college, than priasing Michael Vick for taking a million dollar contract and the Owner of the Eagles betting on great financial returns.

While I agree that Obama shouldn't even be weighing in on Mike Vick, lemme ask you this:

How many other owners offered Mike Vick a contract?

While I obviously don't approve of what Michael Vick did, he served his time in jail, paid his fines, and received his punishment. Is he never supposed to be able to get a job ever again?

The issue really isnt about Michael Vick in my eyes. The issue is praising the owners of the Eagles for giving him a second chance.

Lets be real here.....if Michael Vick did not run the 40 in 4.1 seconds, would the owners of the Eagles hired him to sell hot dogs in the stands?

He hired him as he saw him as a means to make money...not as a means to give Michael Vick a second chance.

And likewise, would Michael Vick taken a job to sell hot dogs in the stands? Again, lets be real here...he took the job due to his ability to generate millions in salary.

Obama, a President I was not thrilled with from day one, but one I am now giving much more credit to as of late (he is actually starting to get my support in some initiaitives)...dropped the ball with this one.

I prefer seeing him out there praising some kid who got out of jail for some dumb auto theft and going back to college, than priasing Michael Vick for taking a million dollar contract and the Owner of the Eagles betting on great financial returns.

While I agree that Obama shouldn't even be weighing in on Mike Vick, lemme ask you this:

The University of Georgia offered him a coaching position thinking that if anyone could get the Bulldogs to fight he could
:lol:

capt.4cc52fc8a07f991ba4dc5497abbb8413.jpeg

DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

Need I say more?

Scumbag!

The propensity of sports fans to forgive anything as long as the guy makes touch downs has always been something, I view with disgust.

I know what you are saying. BUT PIT BULLS!!! :eek:

There was a pit bull at the condos I used to live in. The biggest, most MONSTROUS looking pit bull you ever saw. This thing looked like it had been cross bred with CUJO!

One day without any warning, it jumped out from it's patio, grabbed my oldest with it's front paws in a bear hug, (who was only 8 at the time), and pulled her face in toward him.

I was so horrified, (I'm ashamed to say) I couldn't react. Biggest Pit bull I EVER saw! HUGE!

Then the dog, started licking the crap out of her! :lol::lol::lol:

Biggest friendliest thing, you ever saw. It would come running up to you, looking like something out of a nightmare and then stop short, right in front of you, wagging it's tale and panting happily to see you!

LOVED EVERYBODY! :lol::lol::lol:

One day, the dog got stolen. Probably by some scubag like Vick who will make it mean.

I have no use for people who mistreat helpless animals.

I don't give a damn how many touch downs Vick makes. He's a slime ball in my book.

He served his time. Funny, right wingers like Vitter, who broke the law using women for money in two states was given a standing ovation by other Republicans. Boehner passed out bribes from the tobacco industry to block a law that might have saved tens of thousands of Americans from cancer. Confederate Republicans celebrate the days of slavery not caring how many millions they offend. Republicans hold millions more hostage to give tax breaks to millionaires and billionaires, even calling the unemployed, whose jobs they helped move to China, "hobos and druggies".

And this guy, he went to prison and served his time for something he may have grown up with. We don't know how he was raised. And right wingers have the nerve to go after him AFTER he paid his debt?

And then to drag Obama into it? Why? Because they're both black? Oh, that's right. I'm bad for daring to suggest Republicans, who are 90% white, have a shred of racist feelings.

rebel-flag-bikinis-149595.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He served his time. Funny, right wingers like Vitter, who broke the law using women for money in two states was given a standing ovation by other Republicans. Boehner passed out bribes from the tobacco industry to block a law that might have saved tens of thousands of Americans from cancer. Confederate Republicans celebrate the days of slavery not caring how many millions they offend. Republicans hold millions more hostage to give tax breaks to millionaires and billionaires, even calling the unemployed, whose jobs they helped move to China, "hobos and druggies".

And this guy, he went to prison and served his time for something he may have grown up with. We don't know how he was raised. And right wingers have the nerve to go after him AFTER he paid his debt.

And then to drag Obama into it? Why? Because they're both black?

He's black???

Michael Vick is black??????????

If that's true, I take back everything I've said in defending him.

Obama is only half black. I like his white half.

rdean, you're a fucking moron.

Besides the Albany Firebirds, I don't know. Does it matter?

And this guy, he went to prison and served his time for something he may have grown up with. We don't know how he was raised. And right wingers have the nerve to go after him AFTER he paid his debt.

He's black???

Right wingers only support right wingers. It doesn't matter what THEY do.:fu:

He's black???

Right wingers only support right wingers. It doesn't matter what THEY do.:fu:

So Vick is a right winger?

Cool!

We've got a right winger starting in the Pro Bowl again!

Now if we can just get him to Michael Jackson's dermatologist.......

Its one thing to pay your debt, and then resume your life. Its quite another to get adulation from the President of the United States. Obama sure does have some fucked up priorities. And
sleazy friends.

Vick is doing a good job and making tons of money doing it. Just like many other people in this country - who haven't electrocuted anything. Why does Obama snub them?

Much as I love dogs..I have to go with this..

Eventually people get out of prison. They should be given a shot at redemption.

True..

However, do you truly feel it appropriate for the POTUS to compliment the owner of the Eagles for ghiving Vick a second chance?

DO you think the owner would have done it if he did not see the chance of making a great profit?

Giving someone a second chance is not the same as capitalizing on a good deal to make a great profit.

And lets be real...that is ALL this was about. The owner of the Eagles did not look at it as a second chance. He looked at it as a chance to make great money.

Eagles owner Laurie took a risk on Vick. He didn't have a crystal ball that Vick would exceed expectations. Hell, Vick sat the bench all of last year behind McNabb. Vick didn't even begin this season as the #1 starter, as that designation was given to Kevin Kolb. The majority of Eagles fans were agaiinst the Eagles even picking up Vick because of the 'image thang'.
You know little about Pro Football and specifically, the Eagles; and even less about business.
Get back and tend to your hot dog cart in front of your local Lowes before your wieners shrivel. :lol:

The fact that you made a statement about my knolwdege of of football without knowing me personally nor ever hearing me discuss pro football at length speaks volumes about you.

But you and I are not the topic...although it seems you wanted to make us that.

If you do NOT think that the owners of the Eagles did NOT conduct a market survey to determine how his bringing Vick on would tarnish image and affect merchandise sales, then I would question YOUR knowledge of pro football and business. But I dont give a crap about how little you know.

NFL Properties, the merchandise arm of the NFL has a research department that is constantly working for the owners. They determine when the market is saturated and new uniforms are needed to expand jersey sales; they conduct research to determine the effectiveness of affiliations with non profit organizations as it pertains to reach; and yes, they are also directly involved in determining the impact of bad publicity; and how to clean it up.

Vick was not brought on strictly per the advice of McNabb...something the press seemed to believe. To the contrary, every team had an interest in Vick for his talent....and most passed as the market research showed THEIR individual markets as ones that would not take to Vick...sure, all would in the long run. The guy runs the 40 in 4.1 and he has the durability to be more than just a pass or handoff QB...something rare these days...But in the short run, most knew their local media would rip him apart and the fan base would rebel. He sat for the first year NOT becuase he was not as good as McNabb. He sat becuase he needed to be eased into not only their offensive system...but into the public as well. They waited for the "good press"...the "good deed" commercials to take affect. He was not slated to start this year as the marklet research showed it best to ease him in unexpectedly....sort of as a means to "win" and such would result in as little backlash from the media or the public as possible.

The hiring of Vick was a calculated move...and quite honestly...pure genius by the organization.

Sadly, it is fools like you that fall for the old "we will take a chance and bring him on becuase he deserves a second chance" rhetoric.

They brought him on for the same reason that the stock market has been going up. They saw a good deal and wanted to capitalize on it.

And save your criticism for someone else. You are out of your league with me.

Its one thing to pay your debt, and then resume your life. Its quite another to get adulation from the President of the United States. Obama sure does have some fucked up priorities. And
sleazy friends.

Vick is doing a good job and making tons of money doing it. Just like many other people in this country - who haven't electrocuted anything. Why does Obama snub them?

Here is a better way to ask the question:

Why does Obama praise a convicted animal killer/gambling ring participant who took a job becuase it pays him millions and also praise a man who hired him in the anticipation of the ex con making him millions....

But does not say a peep about the greedy evil business man that hired a man for his mailroom who is an ex con who was jailed for auto theft when he was a stupid 18 year old hood.

Afterall, Vick has a talent that is matched by few. Hiring him is for money reasons.

To work in the mailroom takes a talent matched by millions...Hiring an ex con to work in the mailroom is truly giving someone a second chance.

True..

However, do you truly feel it appropriate for the POTUS to compliment the owner of the Eagles for ghiving Vick a second chance?

DO you think the owner would have done it if he did not see the chance of making a great profit?

Giving someone a second chance is not the same as capitalizing on a good deal to make a great profit.

And lets be real...that is ALL this was about. The owner of the Eagles did not look at it as a second chance. He looked at it as a chance to make great money.

Eagles owner Laurie took a risk on Vick. He didn't have a crystal ball that Vick would exceed expectations. Hell, Vick sat the bench all of last year behind McNabb. Vick didn't even begin this season as the #1 starter, as that designation was given to Kevin Kolb. The majority of Eagles fans were agaiinst the Eagles even picking up Vick because of the 'image thang'.
You know little about Pro Football and specifically, the Eagles; and even less about business.
Get back and tend to your hot dog cart in front of your local Lowes before your wieners shrivel. :lol:

The fact that you made a statement about my knolwdege of of football without knowing me personally nor ever hearing me discuss pro football at length speaks volumes about you.

But you and I are not the topic...although it seems you wanted to make us that.

If you do NOT think that the owners of the Eagles did NOT conduct a market survey to determine how his bringing Vick on would tarnish image and affect merchandise sales, then I would question YOUR knowledge of pro football and business. But I dont give a crap about how little you know.

NFL Properties, the merchandise arm of the NFL has a research department that is constantly working for the owners. They determine when the market is saturated and new uniforms are needed to expand jersey sales; they conduct research to determine the effectiveness of affiliations with non profit organizations as it pertains to reach; and yes, they are also directly involved in determining the impact of bad publicity; and how to clean it up.

Vick was not brought on strictly per the advice of McNabb...something the press seemed to believe. To the contrary, every team had an interest in Vick for his talent....and most passed as the market research showed THEIR individual markets as ones that would not take to Vick...sure, all would in the long run. The guy runs the 40 in 4.1 and he has the durability to be more than just a pass or handoff QB...something rare these days...But in the short run, most knew their local media would rip him apart and the fan base would rebel. He sat for the first year NOT becuase he was not as good as McNabb. He sat becuase he needed to be eased into not only their offensive system...but into the public as well. They waited for the "good press"...the "good deed" commercials to take affect. He was not slated to start this year as the marklet research showed it best to ease him in unexpectedly....sort of as a means to "win" and such would result in as little backlash from the media or the public as possible.

The hiring of Vick was a calculated move...and quite honestly...pure genius by the organization.

Sadly, it is fools like you that fall for the old "we will take a chance and bring him on becuase he deserves a second chance" rhetoric.

They brought him on for the same reason that the stock market has been going up. They saw a good deal and wanted to capitalize on it.

And save your criticism for someone else. You are out of your league with me.

Market surveys can be wrong, so that's a contrived talking point pulled out of your nether region.
And I am out of your league; the league of extraordinary shit talkers.

It's always pretty disgusting when people try to use sports to further their own political beliefs. Seeing a lot of in this thread. I'm guessing some people only believe in second chances in society when it benefits their political ideology.

no mod...i just dont believe sadist change...sorry....

o how did vick do tuesday....not so well....deal with it....i hope defensive players take him out of ever game...i hope the pos limps off the field ever game...

Forum List

Back