Obama glad Eagles signed Vick. The picture on Drudge says it all!

While I obviously don't approve of what Michael Vick did, he served his time in jail, paid his fines, and received his punishment. Is he never supposed to be able to get a job ever again?

Yeah! How about at an animal shelter!

That would be a great job for him, if the bastard was really sorry!

He's not allowed to work in an animal shelter.

Similarly, sex offenders are not allowed to work in schools.

But should they never be able to work anywhere?

(And who's to say that he's sorry? When someone is released from prison after serving their time, do you think that they are sorry?)

Last edited:
So President Obama praises redemption and forgiveness?

Well, THAT proves he can't possibly be a Christian.:lol:

But then again I happen to know that the OP is a member of a religion that has nothing but contempt for redemption and forgiveness,

so at least her stance is understandable.

So TPS is a Westboro Baptist nutter, eh?

Alright, I'll take my Negs for stupid posting.
Not really on my game today.

Teapartysamurai and Fox news, both, are making MUCH too big of a deal over this phone call.
It wasn't even the primary reason for the call.
While he was on the phone, just like I said I would do, he gave the guy props for giving the man a second chance.
Period.

I over-stepped by making imaginary connections and apologize.

while I'm at it I guess I'll apologize for the bad analogy..... Was looking for a segway to get a dig in at TS' hero.
:eusa_whistle:

Fair enough...

But do you really see the owner doing this to give Vick a second chance?
If he felt Vick was no better than someone else out there, do you think he would have went with Vick?

I mean, letys be real here...Vivk was damaged goods and a good deal and the returns made it worth his while to take a chance.

The second chance part? Simply a bi product.

The POTUS should have known better. Sports owners make decisions based strictly on return....just like all busioness owners.
Oh, I totally agree that the owner had wins = $$ on his mind.
Just like when my Dolphins brought Rick Williams back, (shit!! another black guy, I better be careful :lol: ) I still have Miami jerseys in my closet but I got rid of the #34 ones after that happened.

One problem I had with the whole Mike Tyson :)eusa_shhh:) coming back after his felony conviction: As a boxer his hands are registered lethal weapons. A convicted felon isn't supposed to be in possession of a lethal weapon. he should have never been allowed to box again.

Yes, it's all about the $$$$.

Tyson was convicted on a bogus charge.

Fair enough...

But do you really see the owner doing this to give Vick a second chance?
If he felt Vick was no better than someone else out there, do you think he would have went with Vick?

I mean, letys be real here...Vivk was damaged goods and a good deal and the returns made it worth his while to take a chance.

The second chance part? Simply a bi product.

The POTUS should have known better. Sports owners make decisions based strictly on return....just like all busioness owners.
Oh, I totally agree that the owner had wins = $$ on his mind.
Just like when my Dolphins brought Rick Williams back, (shit!! another black guy, I better be careful :lol: ) I still have Miami jerseys in my closet but I got rid of the #34 ones after that happened.

One problem I had with the whole Mike Tyson :)eusa_shhh:) coming back after his felony conviction: As a boxer his hands are registered lethal weapons. A convicted felon isn't supposed to be in possession of a lethal weapon. he should have never been allowed to box again.

Yes, it's all about the $$$$.

Tyson was convicted on a bogus charge.
But convicted, nonetheless.
:cool:
Unless it's been expunged, he's still a convicted felon.

He's not allowed to work in an animal shelter.

Similarly, sex offenders are not allowed to work in schools.

But should they never be able to work anywhere?

(And who's to say that he's sorry? When someone is released from prison after serving their time, do you think that they are sorry?)

Actually..that's sort of part and parcel with the "rehabilitation" thing. You are given interviews prior to release to see if there is contrition.

I think Vick may have done several media spots for animal causes..as well.

I think what he did was reprehensible..but it certainly doesn't deserve a "life-time" conviction.

im glad they signed him too. We are having an excellent season.

He did his time. I see no reason to not treat him as if he has reformed.

He doesnt need your approval or anyone to forgive him. The fact is he spent almost 2 years in jail. So in the eyes of the legal system hes even and should be able to exploit any marketable skillset he has. Personally, I still think hes a low life.

Much as I love dogs..I have to go with this..

Eventually people get out of prison. They should be given a shot at redemption.

True..

However, do you truly feel it appropriate for the POTUS to compliment the owner of the Eagles for ghiving Vick a second chance?

DO you think the owner would have done it if he did not see the chance of making a great profit?

Giving someone a second chance is not the same as capitalizing on a good deal to make a great profit.

And lets be real...that is ALL this was about. The owner of the Eagles did not look at it as a second chance. He looked at it as a chance to make great money.

Eagles owner Laurie took a risk on Vick. He didn't have a crystal ball that Vick would exceed expectations. Hell, Vick sat the bench all of last year behind McNabb. Vick didn't even begin this season as the #1 starter, as that designation was given to Kevin Kolb. The majority of Eagles fans were agaiinst the Eagles even picking up Vick because of the 'image thang'.
You know little about Pro Football and specifically, the Eagles; and even less about business.
Get back and tend to your hot dog cart in front of your local Lowes before your wieners shrivel. :lol:

im glad they signed him too. We are having an excellent season.

He did his time. I see no reason to not treat him as if he has reformed.
i wouldnt hire him as an animal control officer, but i see no problem hiring him to play football

personally, i think this is just another stupid example of trying to find fault with Obama over nothing

it only further marginalizes these nutters that want to pick at the nits

True..

However, do you truly feel it appropriate for the POTUS to compliment the owner of the Eagles for ghiving Vick a second chance?

DO you think the owner would have done it if he did not see the chance of making a great profit?

Giving someone a second chance is not the same as capitalizing on a good deal to make a great profit.

And lets be real...that is ALL this was about. The owner of the Eagles did not look at it as a second chance. He looked at it as a chance to make great money.

Eagles owner Laurie took a risk on Vick. He didn't have a crystal ball that Vick would exceed expectations. Hell, Vick sat the bench all of last year behind McNabb. Vick didn't even begin this season as the #1 starter, as that designation was given to Kevin Kolb. The majority of Eagles fans were agaiinst the Eagles even picking up Vick because of the 'image thang'.
You know little about Pro Football and specifically, the Eagles; and even less about business.
Get back and tend to your hot dog cart in front of your local Lowes before your wieners shrivel. :lol:
hell, at the time, the only team i thought wouldnt "tarnish" themselves would have been the Patriots

seeing how so many hate them already anyway
:lol:

okay i was giving neg rep to anyone saying anything nice about vick....i didnt realize i had 7 pages to read....

vick is a fucking sadist...anyone supporting him...is supporting him is supporting a fucking sadist....

i still cant believe you, del think he should be forgiven....i am sorry.....no forgiveness for some sadist who killed innocent dogs....fuck him and fuck anyone supporting him

okay i was giving neg rep to anyone saying anything nice about vick....i didnt realize i had 7 pages to read....

vick is a fucking sadist...anyone supporting him...is supporting him is supporting a fucking sadist....

i still cant believe you, del think he should be forgiven....i am sorry.....no forgiveness for some sadist who killed innocent dogs....fuck him and fuck anyone supporting him

Are you of the opinion that he should never be able to work again?

so, should he be on welfare the rest of his life? since no one should be able to hire him?

He doesnt need your approval or anyone to forgive him. The fact is he spent almost 2 years in jail. So in the eyes of the legal system hes even and should be able to exploit any marketable skillset he has. Personally, I still think hes a low life.

True..

That may well be..but there is a problem in this country on what to do with convicts once they are reintegrated back into society. Most people do not go to jail forever. Not sure how this went down..but if President Obama made it part of a larger issue..that of ex-convicts getting a second chance..then it's probably positive that he complimented the owner.

yea the fucker can be on welfare...i prefer that to you bunch of assholes thinking he should be some kind of fucking example to anyone....

and i am outta rep but i will be back and will be handing it out again.....

so, should he be on welfare the rest of his life? since no one should be able to hire him?

For the sake of the Patriots, I think that he should be on welfare, as I have concerns that their defense may not be able to stop him

Would this be a good time to bring up my feral dog stories again?

:)

(I think we finally have them under control, after 6 years of hunting them hard.)

I did shoot one I know was someone's pet (the collar gave it away), but it was a over mile into my property and charged me after a warning shot that scared the rest of his pet posse off. Bad move, Scruffy.

On the positive side, I did not waste the meat. It made great coyote bait for a couple of days :)

Forum List

Back