Obama does nothing against ISIS…

and from what I HEAR on telly many of mrobamas pinprick bombings don't happen because the planes don't actually bomb . They hold their payload and return to base because they don't receive the order to bomb for one reason or the other . Course , once again , its the 'cic' and his poor 'roe' .
During WWII Americans bombed during the day in Germany and the British at night. Each Air Force would send 400-500 planes on a raid. Both forces would drop about 500 tons of ordnance a day on German targets. The Obama Air Force doesn't do that.

Obama's planes drop unabridged copies of Obamacare on those ISIS bastards. Screw regular ordinance.

That's an idiotic premise, Carbineer! ISIS can't attack everywhere at the same time but the West is obviously their primary target at the moment. Will they be satisfied defeating the West and let the rest of the world alone? That's highly doubtful since they've been very forthcoming about what their intentions are. They want to rid the world of "non-believers". So that means if they are successful against the West then they will indeed eventually go after the Chinese...the Brazilians...and the South Americans! Russia is already dealing with Islamic terrorists.

This isn't a problem that will go away if you ignore it. I'm sorry but these AREN'T those kind of people!
You are not very good at pretending, Oldstyle. Give it a rest.

I'm "pretending" that Al Queda and ISIS won't be satisfied until they rid the world of "non-believers"? :cuckoo: Dude, it's not like they're keeping their intentions SECRET!

Oh...man....Oldstyle is really Dick Cheney....who could have ever guessed?

You sure had us fooled.

Well, it looks like someone is out to give R-Derp a run for his money for dumbest post of the day!

Is this a three way race?

Nope, so far it's just a two horse race, Percy! Congrats on giving R-Derp a run for his money though...that's quite an accomplishment!

Or other terrorist threats overseas, at least according to many posters here seem to believe. Then there is the praise that Obama receives from the left because he is not a warmonger and we are not at ‘war’ – the thread commending Obama on this pushed me over the edge.

I have to wonder – how many bombs do the posters think are dropped by our military forces? How long do you think it takes to drop, say, 100 warheads on targets throughout the Middle East?

A day? A week? A month? A year?

I am genuinely interested in what the posters here believe actually goes on in our overseas military operations on both sides of the isle.

Finally, do you believe the media reports accurate information about the AOR or reports a significant amount of the targets we hit?
!00 warheads on target can be done in one day easy.
The press lies to help the ones that control them.
I am not interested in what people thing CAN be done but what you actually think IS being done.

"Obama does nothing against ISIS…"

This is a lie.

The president is doing exactly what is needed to be done, most importantly, not sending conventional American ground forces to needlessly die in the consequence of GWB's failed, illegal war.

Moreover, it is not the president's 'responsibility' to 'do something' about the self-proclaimed 'Islamic state,' that responsibility belongs to Iraq. If Iraq has any hope of becoming a stable, secure country, the people of Iraq must defend their country themselves.
Didn't bother to read the OP did you? Just spouted nonsense based off the title.

Go back and try again - what do you actually think we are doing over there?

and from what I HEAR on telly many of mrobamas pinprick bombings don't happen because the planes don't actually bomb . They hold their payload and return to base because they don't receive the order to bomb for one reason or the other . Course , once again , its the 'cic' and his poor 'roe' .
During WWII Americans bombed during the day in Germany and the British at night. Each Air Force would send 400-500 planes on a raid. Both forces would drop about 500 tons of ordnance a day on German targets. The Obama Air Force doesn't do that.
Is that what you want done?

carpet bombing?

if asking ME , carpet bombing would not be needed if mrobama would let commanders decide the best strategy and then actually go after 'isis' . Course as a general thought I have no problem with carpet bombing of 'isis' . I understand that 'isis' was ought doing a victory parade after their 'ramadi' win , why not carpet bomb them Faq ??

if asking ME , carpet bombing would not be needed if mrobama would let commanders decide the best strategy and then actually go after 'isis' . Course as a general thought I have no problem with carpet bombing of 'isis' . I understand that 'isis' was ought doing a victory parade after their 'ramadi' win , why not carpet bomb them Faq ??
Because, like all terrorists, they operate within and around civilians - civilians that far outnumber them.

I don't think that we should resort to terrorist actions in the quest to get rid of terrorists. At that point, you would not be able to objectively define why we are different. Killing tens of thousands of civilians (exactly what carpet bombing would achieve) to kill hundreds of militants is not sound strategy or in line with what we stand for as a nation.

Lots of comments about being against Obama, for Obama and people against war with ISIS. Almost nothing that relates to the OP.

we used it in Germany and japan , won the wars pretty handily and now both countries are stable and productive . Lots of german and Japanese civ casualties at that time . Still , as I said , wouldn't be need for carpet bombing if we just got the appropriate number of soldiers on the ground and let them kill the enemy Faq .

I'be yet to see any analysis of what's going on in Iraq that would give a clear path to achieve an outcome that would be in our national interests.
The default path seems to be military intervention. We can't afford it.

I'be yet to see any analysis of what's going on in Iraq that would give a clear path to achieve an outcome that would be in our national interests.
The default path seems to be military intervention. We can't afford it.
We cant afford not to. A strong prosperous secure ISIS will not stop there. They have already announced that. They will continue expanding until they re-establish the Caliphate. Time to strangle them in the cradle.

carpet bombing?
Not at all. We were discussing the meager little bombing raids Obamas Air Force carries out.
Hardly pinpricks compared to WWII tactics.

thing is that these lib , progs think that they have the ocean to protect them . Course missiles aren't bothered by oceans and neither are the enemies that immigrate or sneak into the USA .

thing is that these lib , progs think that they have the ocean to protect them . Course missiles aren't bothered by oceans and neither are the enemies that immigrate or sneak into the USA .
We see how well that approach worked on 9/11.

we used it in Germany and japan , won the wars pretty handily and now both countries are stable and productive . Lots of german and Japanese civ casualties at that time . Still , as I said , wouldn't be need for carpet bombing if we just got the appropriate number of soldiers on the ground and let them kill the enemy Faq .
And you think that WWII is a reasonable comparison to our current conflicts?

You cant use the same tactics against two enemies that have nothing in common.

carpet bombing?
Not at all. We were discussing the meager little bombing raids Obamas Air Force carries out.
If you do not advocate for carpet bombing then what is the appropriate level of bombing? How often should we be bombing them and how much ordinance do you think would be appropriate?

Then, how much ordinance do you think we are actually dropping. You claim the air raids are 'meager' then that should mean you have a rough idea of what those air raids actually are.

It's not that Obama does nothing, he switched sides and is supporting Al Qaeda and ISIS.

He handed Ramadi to his brother in Jihad

""Raider" Brigade takes over Ramadi[edit]
In January 2007, the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, on its third tour to Iraq, arrived in Ramadi and assumed responsibility from Macfarland's brigade on February 18 at a transfer ceremony at Camp Ramadi. During the ceremony, which was attended by Sheikh Sattar, MacFarland said that his brigade had lost 86 soldiers, sailors and Marines during the 8 month campaign (though the Brigade had spent a total of nearly 17 months in Iraq).[43][44]

In January 2007, Ramadi averaged approximately 35 enemy attacks on US forces per day. Following heavy fighting over an 8-week campaign, which was led by a Task Force commanded by 1st Brigade, 3rd ID, also known as Task Force Raider, attacks in the brigade's area of operations dropped to one or two per day within the city of Ramadi. In the early months of 2007, 3-69 Armor Battalion, in conjunction with two Marine Battalions, along with TF PathFinder was largely responsible for securing Southern and Central Ramadi. By August 2007, Ramadi had gone 80 consecutive days without a single attack on US forces and the 1st BDE, 3rd ID commander commander, Colonel John Charlton, stated, "...al-Qaida is defeated in Al Anbar". However, despite 1-3 ID's effectiveness, insurgents continued to launch attacks on Ramadi and the surrounding areas in the weeks and months to follow. On June 30, 2007, a group of between 50 and 60 insurgents attempting to infiltrate Ramadi were intercepted and destroyed, following a tip from Iraqi Police officers. The insurgents were intercepted by elements of the 1st Battalion, 77th Armor on 30 June 2007 and on 1 July 2007 they were destroyed by elements of Bravo company, 2nd Squad, 1st platoon, 1-18 Infantry Regiment. 1-18 operated out of the Ta'Meem district of Ramadi's western sector. North of Ramadi, elements of 3-69 Armor, whose headquarters had been moved north of Ramadi, engaged elements of al-Qaeda in Iraq who had taken refuge in rural areas north of the city. After several counter-insurgency operations, 3-69 AR Battalion effectively removed Al Qaeda in Iraq from the greater Anbar province. By March 2008, Ramadi, Iraq had become a vastly safer city than it had been only a year before and the number of enemy attacks in the city had fallen drastically. Years later, by mid 2012, Ramadi remained far safer than it had been since 2003.[45][46][47]

Iraqi Police Development Played a Key Role in Tribal Engagement Strategy[edit]
One major shortcoming in the efforts to wrest control of Ramadi from the insurgency was the failure of the Iraqi Police to effectively combat the insurgency. As part of the Tribal Engagement Strategy, Ready First developed and implemented a plan to quickly recruit, train, and employ Iraqi Policemen on the streets of Ramadi. COL MacFarland, and LTC James Lechner, Deputy Brigade Commander, successfully developed an Iraqi Police recruiting, training, and employment plan that was implemented by HHC, 2-152 Infantry (Mech), an Army National Guard unit that lived in Iraqi Police Stations and Combat Outposts conducting daily patrols and clearing operations with their counterparts. HHC, 2-152 Infantry, also known in Ramadi as "the 152nd", or the Police Transition Team (PTT) Company would provide the Iraqi Police in Ramadi with the leadership and oversight that proved crucial in re-establishing a police presence in Ramadi to ensure insurgent forces did not return to neighborhoods that had been secured. Consequently, the success of the Iraqi Police program in Ramadi convinced the Ramadi populace that their government could effectively provide for their security needs, a critical element of defeating the insurgency. The 152nd PTT Company's Iraqi Police efforts began in October 2006 and would continue through the departure of Ready First and into the tenure of 1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division until the 152nd departed in October 2007. The 152nd was responsible for recruiting, training, and conducting patrols with hundreds of Iraqi Police, and opened several new Iraqi Police stations in the city of Ramadi.

Participating Units[edit]
1st Battalion, 6th Infantry
2nd Battalion, 6th Infantry

1st Battalion, 35th Armor
1st Battalion 36th Infantry
1st Battalion 37th Armor
2nd Battalion, 37th Armor

2nd Battalion, 3rd Field Artillery
16th Engineer Battalion
Alpha Company, 40th Engineer Battalion
Charlie Company, 40th Engineer Battalion
54th ENBN(Task Force Dagger) Alpha, Bravo & Charlie Company(Route Clearance & Reconnaissance)
46th Engineer Battalion
321st Engineer Battalion (Task Force Pathfinder), Route Clearance and Horizontal construction
501st Forward Support Battalion
47th Forward Support Battalion
Asymmetric Warfare Group
HHC, 2nd Battalion, 152nd Infantry Regiment (Police Transition Team Company)
1st Battalion 9th Infantry Regiment Task Force 1-9
3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment Task Force 1-9
1st Battalion, 77th Armor
1st Battalion, 18th Infantry Regiment
1st Battalion, 26th Infantry Regiment Task Force 1-9
B Co, 486th Civil Affairs Battalion

Regimental Combat Team 5
3rd Battalion, 5th Marines
2nd Battalion, 11th Marines
1st Battalion, 6th Marines
3rd Battalion, 8th Marines
3rd Battalion, 7th Marines
2nd Battalion, 4th Marines, 15th MEU
2nd Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company
1st Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company

1st Radio Battalion
Combat Logistics Regiment 15
Department Of Defense Security Forces, Tactical Response Team
1st Battalion, 506th Infantry Regiment
SEAL Team 3
SEAL Team 5
9th Naval Construction Regiment
Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 40
Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 74
  • Iraqi Army
    • 1st Brigade, 1st Iraqi Army Division[48]
    • 1st Brigade, 7th Iraqi Army Division[48]
United States Marine Corps portal
Iraq portal
415th Military Intelligence Battalion

15th MEU. 2nd Battalion 4th Marines. Rage Company
Battle of Ramadi 2006 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

think they should be bombed all the time that there is any opportunity . Observers on the ground should be spotters . There will be casualties on the ground if bombing is down correctly !! As far as amount of ordnance , I'd say ' HUGE ' tons of ordnance FAQ . Arm the 'Kurds' who the USA knows is willing to fight ferociously but they have little in the way of weapons .
carpet bombing?
If you do not advocate for carpet bombing then what is the appropriate level of bombing? How often should we be bombing them and how much ordinance do you think would be appropriate?

Then, how much ordinance do you think we are actually dropping. You claim the air raids are 'meager' then that should mean you have a rough idea of what those air raids actually are.

Forum List

Back