Obama declines comment on US hostage crisis off Somalia

Why on earth would they want the POTUS to answer questions about his job?

BO never fails to disapoint, it takes a lot of gall to say he wants to talk about housing when Americans are taken hostage.

I thought he was Commander in Chief of the navel vessel out there, not Commander in Chief of housing?
Silly me.

you made me spit cantaloupe on my computer screen!

Or would whine 'YOU MEAN THAT'S ALL?? JUST A STATEMENT THAT WE'RE DOING WHAT WE CAN?'

I wonder if Obama does take to the microphone and, using his teleprompter :eek:
tells the American people he's doing all he can, if Fox would interrupt its endless tirades over whether or not Obama 'bowed' to King Abdullah.

Ever consider that this pirate/hostage situation is a test for our new Administration? It has been reported that this is the first American ship to be attacked in many years. Do you believe this is just a coincidence? I don't.

I think it will be the first of many. Now that our new president showed himself to be weak to the whole world.

American ship?

:eusa_eh:

Yeah....the partisans just blame. Nevermind the facts.

Let's not forget that there is a Navy ship shadowing this life boat and more vessels have been dispatched.

Yeah...weak.

And again, if this happened while Bush was President, I'd be cleaning up 10-20 threads about it. My entire point is the double-standard by which the left holds their own as opposed to the bullshit attacks that were the hallmark of the Bush administration.

That they can't see it themselves is not only telling, it's scary.

Bush was criticized for some serious stuff, pal, not just the silly and insignificant bullshit. But the criticism of Obama by the rabid right came immediately, the day after his inauguration with the RWNM yapping away at all the "trash" left around at Memorial Park which seemed to be their only focus on the new presidency. He's only been in office two and a half months and it hasn't stopped.

Are you saying the left wingers didn't attack Bush from day one one with total bullshit? You are quite amusing,hope you don't expect anyone to believe you. I would say you lefties have been treated tit for tat directly related to how you acted for the last 8 years. Get used to it..

Big DF's everyone of them.

Or would whine 'YOU MEAN THAT'S ALL?? JUST A STATEMENT THAT WE'RE DOING WHAT WE CAN?'

tells the American people he's doing all he can, if Fox would interrupt its endless tirades over whether or not Obama 'bowed' to King Abdullah.

Ever consider that this pirate/hostage situation is a test for our new Administration? It has been reported that this is the first American ship to be attacked in many years. Do you believe this is just a coincidence? I don't.

I think it will be the first of many. Now that our new president showed himself to be weak to the whole world.

American ship?

Are you saying the the Maersk Alabama wasn't an American-flagged container ship?

American ship?

Are you saying the the Maersk Alabama wasn't an American-flagged container ship?

American flagged, sure, but it's Dutch owned.

Big mistake, trying to take this ship. Bigger mistake, taking the captain. These guys have signed their own death warrants.

Soooo what's your point? It was American flagged. Are you saying the pirates didn't know that?

Are you saying they did?

Why are you being obtuse I wonder? You saying a band of pirates who routinely attack cargo ships don't know an "American flagged" ship when they see one? :cuckoo:

I got no clue what those pirates did and did not know about the ship. Nor do you.

You claimed it's an American ship. It's not, it's an American flagged Dutch ship.

I don't understand why you got a bug up your butt about being corrected.

yeah, you partisan hacks would have been that way

I love it when a partisan hack calls someone else a partisan hack.
when i see you be as critical of Obama as i have been of Bush, then you can talk

That's not going to happen, Dive. I've had a run in with her on another thread, she's been covertly placed deep in the left end of the left. She has all this covert stuff that she knows that no one else does. We're just going to have to trust her on it. :cuckoo:

PS I think it's just a typical love affair with Obama...just like the rest of those kooks.

American ship?

American flagged

American ship?

American flagged

Thanks, bud, we got it cleared up.

From what I'm reading it looks like these pirates don't really care what ship they are taking as the Maersk Alabama was like the 6th ship taken last week. It seems like this time they bit off more than they can chew, though.

I hope they take them all out.

I love it when a partisan hack calls someone else a partisan hack.
when i see you be as critical of Obama as i have been of Bush, then you can talk

That's not going to happen, Dive. I've had a run in with her on another thread, she's been covertly placed deep in the left end of the left. She has all this covert stuff that she knows that no one else does. We're just going to have to trust her on it. :cuckoo:

PS I think it's just a typical love affair with Obama...just like the rest of those kooks.
oh i had her pegged pages ago
a lot of the AOHell refugees are complete obamabots

Hmmm...Somalia....

I wonder how many Muslims are in Somalia.

I believe most are Muslims. What's worrisome, & I am listening to John Bolton--is that the U.S. has asked Europe for a joint military force to guard these ships--& it appears that they're taking it on as a "criminal" act. Here we go again. I doubt too many of these pirates are going to volunteer to put the handcuffs on.

What blows my mind though. We have known about this piracy for months now. We have seen other ships held captive--& yet these merchant seamen go into an area, that they knew full well about--with no heavily armed guards aboard. HELLO! One would think that these ships could hire a contractor like Black-Hawk--like they do in Iraq--to get these ships safely from one place to another.

Now it looks like we have 3 American ships in the area ready to make a strike if necessary, & it in my opinion was all unnecessary in the first place.

Are you saying they did?

Why are you being obtuse I wonder? You saying a band of pirates who routinely attack cargo ships don't know an "American flagged" ship when they see one? :cuckoo:

I got no clue what those pirates did and did not know about the ship. Nor do you.

You claimed it's an American ship. It's not, it's an American flagged Dutch ship.

Please stop splitting hairs. This was one of several dozen "American flagged" ships that sail the global waters,and have for many years. Some carrying cargo,others contracted by the US military. It may be dutch owned, but it was sailing under the American flag,with a captain and crew of American citizens. So are you now going to tell me the pirates thought they were actually attacking the Dutch? Sorry,I'm not that gullible.:cuckoo:

Please stop splitting hairs. This was one of several dozen "American flagged" ships that sail the global waters,and have for many years. Some carrying cargo,others contracted by the US military. It may be dutch owned, but it was sailing under the American flag,with a captain and crew of American citizens. So are you now going to tell me the pirates thought they were actually attacking the Dutch? Sorry,I'm not that gullible.:cuckoo:

I'm not saying I have any specific knowledge of what the pirates knew. So how 'bout you refrain from trying to put words in my mouth? K?

Perhaps you missed this part of my post:

But you can speculate all you want.

Hey Gunny....I'm thinking four well-trained army snipers. All four gives the "all-clear" signal, then a countdown from 3 and no more hostages.

(wait for it...all the Obamatrons will talk about how dangerous that is and how dare we use force when the pirates didn't hurt any of us).

They're all in an enclosure, not standing on the brig of the dinghy.

Yes, and that was acknowledged in my response when I found this out.

Nice how you left that out.

Keep your spinning...at that is one thing that is transparent.

I saw your post LATER acknowledging that. Try not jumping to conclusions.

Am prepared to cut The Prophet some slack on this one. If he listened to Gates and the senior military people, his not commenting on the situation, and the US carrying on as it presently is, both make perfect sense. I believe that underlies the whole thing.

you don't want the president involved directly in the hostage crisis.....he needs to stay above it ....carter got dragged in and it was a mess......charles krauthammer said this rather well today....

Exactly. For Obama to get directly involved, even by a public statement, would turn it into an INERNATIONAL crisis, i.e., the United States vs. Somalia.

Forum List

Back