Obama declines comment on US hostage crisis off Somalia

Well the dumbarses are outing themselves by the minute :lol:

This childish and petty namecalling of your president and criticism him for supposedly not doing what you want is a fucking hoot.

If he'd say anything you'd be yelling he shoulda kept his mouth shut! :lol:

Fuckwits but amusing fuckwits :D

Or would whine 'YOU MEAN THAT'S ALL?? JUST A STATEMENT THAT WE'RE DOING WHAT WE CAN?'

I wonder if Obama does take to the microphone and, using his teleprompter :eek:
tells the American people he's doing all he can, if Fox would interrupt its endless tirades over whether or not Obama 'bowed' to King Abdullah.

Ever consider that this pirate/hostage situation is a test for our new Administration? It has been reported that this is the first American ship to be attacked in many years. Do you believe this is just a coincidence? I don't.

I think it will be the first of many. Now that our new president showed himself to be weak to the whole world.

Weak? Again, you're admitting that you have tunnel vision and only get your "news" from sources that affirm your political bias. If Obama were considered "weak," the G-20 nations would not have embraced his efforts.

G-20 countries okay trillion dollar recovery plan

Which ever way this goes is going to speak volumes about Obama as a president. If he shows strength in the actions taken, he will come out looking good in the eyes of the world. If he shows weakness to these pirates, it will show to our "unfriendly friends" just what the US is about under his tenure.

Which ever way this goes is going to speak volumes about Obama as a president. If he shows strength in the actions taken, he will come out looking good in the eyes of the world. If he shows weakness to these pirates, it will show to our "unfriendly friends" just what the US is about under his tenure.

So then, can you demonstrate this reasoning against the US hostages held for five years under President Bush ?

Did this failure make Bush look weak?

What was the world reaction to this failure?

American flagged, sure, but it's Dutch owned.

Soooo what's your point? It was American flagged. Are you saying the pirates didn't know that?

Are you saying they did?

That's an interesting point. Remember that these guys aren't the brightest lightbulbs in the room, and I wonder after they did their piroting act on this particular ship, one of them didn't gasp "Oh shit. Now we'll have the whole fuckin' USNavy after us. Bad move."

I love it when a partisan hack calls someone else a partisan hack.
when i see you be as critical of Obama as i have been of Bush, then you can talk

That's not going to happen, Dive. I've had a run in with her on another thread, she's been covertly placed deep in the left end of the left. She has all this covert stuff that she knows that no one else does. We're just going to have to trust her on it. :cuckoo:

PS I think it's just a typical love affair with Obama...just like the rest of those kooks.

Yeah, all two-thirds of the rest of us "kooks" :tongue:

Soooo what's your point? It was American flagged. Are you saying the pirates didn't know that?

Are you saying they did?

That's an interesting point. Remember that these guys aren't the brightest lightbulbs in the room, and I wonder after they did their piroting act on this particular ship, one of them didn't gasp "Oh shit. Now we'll have the whole fuckin' USNavy after us. Bad move."

You know, Israel sank a US ship many years ago and their excuse was that they didn't see the flag. We bought it then.

So then, can you demonstrate this reasoning against the US hostages held for five years under President Bush ?

I think it didn't help Bush...yes, Peejay...your right. I can say this about Bush..no problem with that. but, having said that, there were a lot of things that Bush did to offset that.
But, Carter wasn't so lucky...with the hostages under his presidency. He looked really weak to the world.

when i see you be as critical of Obama as i have been of Bush, then you can talk

That's not going to happen, Dive. I've had a run in with her on another thread, she's been covertly placed deep in the left end of the left. She has all this covert stuff that she knows that no one else does. We're just going to have to trust her on it. :cuckoo:

PS I think it's just a typical love affair with Obama...just like the rest of those kooks.

Yeah, all two-thirds of the rest of us "kooks" :tongue:

2/3 really...that much? Wow

I think it didn't help Bush...yes, Peejay...your right. I can say this about Bush..no problem with that. but, having said that, there were a lot of things that Bush did to offset that.
But, Carter wasn't so lucky...with the hostages under his presidency. He looked really weak to the world.

Absolutely true. Carter engaged the issue very publically and took a beating for it. Bush ignored it and escaped largely unscathed.

Obama has been silent but deployed the US Navy. I think it is the best response of the three examples. And even if the effort fails, I'm sure President Obama will do a lot to offset that.

Absolutely true. Carter engaged the issue very publically and took a beating for it. Bush ignored it and escaped largely unscathed.

Obama has been silent but deployed the US Navy. I think it is the best response of the three examples. And even if the effort fails, I'm sure President Obama will do a lot to offset that.

Peejay, I'm not trying to engage you on this. I think Obama can come out of this looking real good. But, time will tell with his presidency, and his legacy. One of the biggest problems I had with Bush other than his spending, was that he wasn't a vocal president. I think this really hurt him during his 2 terms. When Bush was getting slammed as he was from the left...and wouldn't step up for himself, just pissed me off to no end.

actually, the Navy was ALREADY deployed
Bush had already put them in that area

Wait a minute.

It's Bush's fault the Navy is there?

(ok..wait for it...Since Bush put the Navy there, and now an American is held hostage, it must be Bush's fault because the Navy didn't stop it. How long until an Obamatron says it?)

(or says, "You said it first.")

Wait a minute.

(ok..wait for it...Since Bush put the Navy there, and now an American is held hostage, it must be Bush's fault because the Navy didn't stop it. How long until an Obamatron says it?)

you should have PM'd that thought
now you know someone will pick up on it
:lol:

Wait a minute.

you should have PM'd that thought
now you know someone will pick up on it

You are probably right.

We all know it's coming though.

(Maybe that will stop it)

Damn..should have pm'd that too.

The Captain was freed, and 3 of the 4 pirates were killed.

Damn Obama for being smart and letting the professionals do their job!!!

thats good news
but Obama had little to actually do with it
you should thank the military

thats good news

Had there been a different resolution we would have laid the blame at the feet of the President.

Give the credit, whether he gave orders or simply left it up to the Navy.

It's great news for the President and for America.

It remains to be seen as to what steps will be taken to see that this doesn't happen again.

thats good news

Had there been a different resolution we would have laid the blame at the feet of the President.

Give the credit, whether he gave orders or simply left it up to the Navy.

It's great news for the President and for America.

It remains to be seen as to what steps will be taken to see that this doesn't happen again.

I'm sure he approved the plans; at least was aware of them.

It is definitely good new for the United States.

Now, regardless of his involvement in this situation, BO needs to take the lead to eliminate the problem completely. Authorize patrols and surveillance - authorized preemptive strikes on the seas and use intelligence sources to find their "homes" - and destroy them.

Forum List

Back