Obama declines comment on US hostage crisis off Somalia

When are these guys going to learn? Obama is not going to say anything unless it is on his teleprompter...

Obama declines comment on US hostage crisis off Somalia | Markets | Markets News | Reuters

I imagine his handlers have yet to formulate Obama's position for him - and he consistently appears unable to form his own opinion without fumbling n bumbling the message.

We need a leader willing to point the presidential finger across the seas to these damn scourge pirates and tell them this will not stand.

Perhaps Obama will say that - but we have to wait until it is teleprompted for him...

Why on earth would they want the POTUS to answer questions about his job?

BO never fails to disapoint, it takes a lot of gall to say he wants to talk about housing when Americans are taken hostage.

When are these guys going to learn? Obama is not going to say anything unless it is on his teleprompter...

Obama declines comment on US hostage crisis off Somalia | Markets | Markets News | Reuters

I've seen that teleprompter analogy on 3 other message boards. Must be yaw'll got your talking points instructions du jour via e-mail this morning, eh?

Just what is it you'd like Obama to say, personally? It isn't as though he has a direct phone line to the raft.

how about....we are doing everything we can to bring our people home...something simple like that

:eek:

He hasn't commented on the kidnapping in my locale either of an American. WTF is wrong with him???

I've seen that teleprompter analogy on 3 other message boards. Must be yaw'll got your talking points instructions du jour via e-mail this morning, eh?

Just what is it you'd like Obama to say, personally? It isn't as though he has a direct phone line to the raft.

Maybe he could say, "Yo Bro...let the honky go...you Acorn peeps are a hoot".

how about....we are doing everything we can to bring our people home...something simple like that

It's been headline news all day long since the hijacking was upgraded to a hostage situation and FBI negotiators involved. But why would you think any "public" announcement should be made which would risk the captain being held hostage getting killed?

When asked about it earlier today, Biden said this: “We’re not going to settle that here. This is being worked on around the clock since this happened. I’m not in a position right now to comment."

Well the dumbarses are outing themselves by the minute :lol:

This childish and petty namecalling of your president and criticism him for supposedly not doing what you want is a fucking hoot.

If he'd say anything you'd be yelling he shoulda kept his mouth shut! :lol:

Fuckwits but amusing fuckwits :D

Last edited:
He'd rather talk about housing.

Obviously far more important than American hostages.

Hmmm...Somalia....

I wonder how many Muslims are in Somalia.

Deflection - the last defence of those incapable of mounting an argument or producing a half-decent rebuttal :lol:

Come on, produce something worthwhile discussing, this is getting boring.

Deflection - the last defence of those incapable of mounting an argument or producing a half-decent rebuttal :lol:

i don't like obama, nor do i think he's doing a particularly good job as POTUS.
given that, i think he's handled this situation correctly by keeping his mouth shut. why should the POTUS be involved with negotiations with criminals?

if this were like the mayaguez incident, where a sovereign nation had taken over a us flagged ship, i would feel otherwise.

i don't like obama, nor do i think he's doing a particularly good job as POTUS.
given that, i think he's handled this situation correctly by keeping his mouth shut. why should the POTUS be involved with negotiations with criminals?

if this were like the mayaguez incident, where a sovereign nation had taken over a us flagged ship, i would feel otherwise.

Or such as the situation where China held the crew of the USN aircraft forced to make an emergency landing. I remember thinking Bush did a good job with that, comments were at the right level and not empty threats. That was a time when comment from your president was absolutely necessary (while the backchannels were obviously going at speed as well).

As you indicate, this isn't a nation to nation situation, it's common criminals v international authorities.

So, you other folks - do you get it now?

Seems like everyone else could comment:

Somali foreign minister Mohamed Omaar said the pirates "cannot win" against American forces.

"The pirates are playing with fire and have got themselves into a situation where they have to extricate themselves because there is no way they can win," he said.
-----
Vice-president Joe Biden said the administration was working "round the clock" on the problem.
-----
The safe return of the captain is the top priority," Defence Secretary Robert Gates told reporters in Washington.
-----
And perhaps, my favorite: US secretary of state Hillary Clinton said: "We're watching it very closely. Apparently, the lifeboat has run out of gas."

Only problem with Hillary's statements - no one was sure if she was talking about the hostage situation or Obama's economic policies.

Forum List

Back