Obama declines comment on US hostage crisis off Somalia

A US flagged ship is NOT "international authorities" nor is the USS Bainbridge an international ship.

And yeah, we get it. You had one standard for Bush and another for Obama. That's been obvious since the primaries begun.

Anything else you'd like to know?

Because I sure as Hell recall thread after thread after thread of foaming at the mouth lefties wanting to hang the President of the U S by the highest yardarm for the actions of criminal National Guardsmen at Abu Ghraib.

I for one never blamed George Bush, personally, for that. But I did eventually blame him and his House Oversight Committee which spent a grand total of six hours investigating the Abu Ghraib incidents.
um "His" house oversight commitee?

Uh yeeah...?? Republicans controlled the House; therefore, the Chairman of the House Oversight Committee was Tom Davis, a Republican.

yeah, you partisan hacks would have been that way

I love it when a partisan hack calls someone else a partisan hack.
when i see you be as critical of Obama as i have been of Bush, then you can talk

When Obama has been in office more than two and a half months, you can expect criticism where warranted. But this kind of dumbass bullshit in THIS thread reflects ignorance and/or pure "revenge" against someone you people did not want to win the presidency.

I love it when a partisan hack calls someone else a partisan hack.
when i see you be as critical of Obama as i have been of Bush, then you can talk

When Obama has been in office more than two and a half months, you can expect criticism where warranted. But this kind of dumbass bullshit in THIS thread reflects ignorance and/or pure "revenge" against someone you people did not want to win the presidency.
i'll admit i didnt want him to win
but he did
doesnt mean he cant be criticized when i think he has fucked up
this doesnt seem to be one of them with the exception of how he handled the question

next

I for one never blamed George Bush, personally, for that. But I did eventually blame him and his House Oversight Committee which spent a grand total of six hours investigating the Abu Ghraib incidents.
um "His" house oversight commitee?

Uh yeeah...?? Republicans controlled the House; therefore, the Chairman of the House Oversight Committee was Tom Davis, a Republican.
most commitees in the house are made up of half dem and half rep
so again, how did "Bush" run the house comitee
that is why you are a partisan HACK

Has BO bothered to attend to his job yet, or does he have more lines to read?
there really isnt much he can do
even if he wanted to
That is not the issue dive, when asked about it, he should have said that steps were being taken and that he was handling the situation, not a snide 'this is about housing' comment.
exactly, he handled that question improperly, no one expects him to give details of the situation
at least I dont

Has BO bothered to attend to his job yet, or does he have more lines to read?
there really isnt much he can do
even if he wanted to
That is not the issue dive, when asked about it, he should have said that steps were being taken and that he was handling the situation, not a snide 'this is about housing' comment.

The housing thing was dumb but ...

What I think the motivation is (other than that it wont change anything) is assume he comes out and says something like, "I am monitoring this very closely and providing every resource in my power to the folks handling this situation. My thoughts and prayers are with the captain's family in their time of crisis."

THEN

Shit goes south and these pirates kill the hostage. The POTUS is now standing there with nothing but his dick in his hand and people will have oodles of ammo to attack him with.

?

Am prepared to cut The Prophet some slack on this one. If he listened to Gates and the senior military people, his not commenting on the situation, and the US carrying on as it presently is, both make perfect sense. I believe that underlies the whole thing.

Am prepared to cut The Prophet some slack on this one. If he listened to Gates and the senior military people, his not commenting on the situation, and the US carrying on as it presently is, both make perfect sense. I believe that underlies the whole thing.
exactly, the only thing i can fault him for on this one is how poorly he answered
i'm not about to expect him to suit up with a NAvy Seal team and go rescue the guy himself
if anyone is expecting that then they dont respect the Navy Seals much
;)

At a meeting with US Homeowners, a meeting devoted to the housing market, President Obama tells reporters that the meeting is about housing, when asked about pirates.

I like the focus.

At a meeting with US Homeowners, a meeting devoted to the housing market, President Obama tells reporters that the meeting is about housing, when asked about pirates.

I like the focus.
A president should NOT react and respond like a zapped lab rat everytime some reporter or blogger pokes their lips out and blurts a comment or a question. Obama has a lot on his plate, a tight schedule, and he is trying to get the press corps to pay attention to the entire range of issues,
not just the BREAKING NEWS !!! ("I want to get my name under a headline !!").
He is trying to retrain them, get them to adjust away from being a pack of self absorbed, petty brats with 2 second memories, myopia and severe ADD. Good luck on that. He may need to insist on all new reporters in the WH Press Corps. That meeting was on Housing, which is an important topic, another great big mess to clean up. It needs and deserves attention, not more kidlike interruption.
If he had gotten off topic, off Housing, into the woods of whatever pops out of the next nitqwits mouth, he'd get lambasted by the idiot NObama machine for not paying attention to that Domestic issue. And it would reinforce that undesirable 5 year old pesterring behavior of reporters. His kids have better manners than the over paid WH Press.
I like his focus and his ability to grasp the gigantic amount of details while sifting though a variety of opinions (which he insist upon. No Group Think. No "slam dunk" or "tell him what he wants to hear" advice). He knows he's gonna get stupid comments from the stupid shithead squad, no matter what he does, so he's just gonna do what he has set out to do. And there is nothing the shitheads can do about it but whine.
Which they are gonna do, anyway. It is all they want to do. We see that, every day. He does what good coaches and managers do: ignore the useless whiners, and stay on task, do what needs to be done. Americans like that in a President.

Hey Gunny....I'm thinking four well-trained army snipers. All four gives the "all-clear" signal, then a countdown from 3 and no more hostages.

(wait for it...all the Obamatrons will talk about how dangerous that is and how dare we use force when the pirates didn't hurt any of us).

They're all in an enclosure, not standing on the brig of the dinghy.

Yes, and that was acknowledged in my response when I found this out.

Nice how you left that out.

Keep your spinning...at that is one thing that is transparent.

you don't want the president involved directly in the hostage crisis.....he needs to stay above it ....carter got dragged in and it was a mess......charles krauthammer said this rather well today....

Why on earth would they want the POTUS to answer questions about his job?

BO never fails to disapoint, it takes a lot of gall to say he wants to talk about housing when Americans are taken hostage.

I thought he was Commander in Chief of the navel vessel out there, not Commander in Chief of housing?
Silly me.

Well the dumbarses are outing themselves by the minute :lol:

This childish and petty namecalling of your president and criticism him for supposedly not doing what you want is a fucking hoot.

If he'd say anything you'd be yelling he shoulda kept his mouth shut! :lol:

Fuckwits but amusing fuckwits :D

Or would whine 'YOU MEAN THAT'S ALL?? JUST A STATEMENT THAT WE'RE DOING WHAT WE CAN?'

I wonder if Obama does take to the microphone and, using his teleprompter :eek:
tells the American people he's doing all he can, if Fox would interrupt its endless tirades over whether or not Obama 'bowed' to King Abdullah.

Ever consider that this pirate/hostage situation is a test for our new Administration? It has been reported that this is the first American ship to be attacked in many years. Do you believe this is just a coincidence? I don't.

I think it will be the first of many. Now that our new president showed himself to be weak to the whole world.

This childish and petty namecalling of your president and criticism him for supposedly not doing what you want is a fucking hoot.

Not nearly as amusing fuckwits as YOU fuckwits are. Not a decent post amongst the lot of you. If Bush was still President, there'd be at least 10 "Why isn't Bush doing something?" threads all over this board. How quickly you forget.

Would that be before or after you people blamed it all on Clinton?
:eusa_whistle:

You certainly assume a lot. Projecting are you?

Or would whine 'YOU MEAN THAT'S ALL?? JUST A STATEMENT THAT WE'RE DOING WHAT WE CAN?'

I wonder if Obama does take to the microphone and, using his teleprompter :eek:
tells the American people he's doing all he can, if Fox would interrupt its endless tirades over whether or not Obama 'bowed' to King Abdullah.

Ever consider that this pirate/hostage situation is a test for our new Administration? It has been reported that this is the first American ship to be attacked in many years. Do you believe this is just a coincidence? I don't.

I think it will be the first of many. Now that our new president showed himself to be weak to the whole world.

American ship?

:eusa_eh:

I agree. No matter what he did here these people would be making a mountain out of a mole hill. And it irks me no end, when they have legit complaints they can be making and that won't be giving ammunition to the other side to point out this bullshit and rightly claim " much to do about nothing".

And again, if this happened while Bush was President, I'd be cleaning up 10-20 threads about it. My entire point is the double-standard by which the left holds their own as opposed to the bullshit attacks that were the hallmark of the Bush administration.

That they can't see it themselves is not only telling, it's scary.

Bush was criticized for some serious stuff, pal, not just the silly and insignificant bullshit. But the criticism of Obama by the rabid right came immediately, the day after his inauguration with the RWNM yapping away at all the "trash" left around at Memorial Park which seemed to be their only focus on the new presidency. He's only been in office two and a half months and it hasn't stopped.

Are you saying the left wingers didn't attack Bush from day one one with total bullshit? You are quite amusing,hope you don't expect anyone to believe you. I would say you lefties have been treated tit for tat directly related to how you acted for the last 8 years. Get used to it..

Forum List

Back