Obama Congratulates New Egyptian Pres. Who Says Their New Capital Will Be Jerusalem

FLASHBACK: Obama in Cairo in ‘09: America Will Not Support An Egyptian Gov‘t ’Ruthless in Suppressing the Rights of Others’; Will Only Welcome New Gov‘t ’With Respect for All’

Guess He didn't mean it.

June 4, 2009
“So let me be clear: No system of government can or should be imposed by one nation by any other.

That does not lessen my commitment, however, to governments that reflect the will of the people. Each nation gives life to this principle in its own way, grounded in the traditions of its own people. America does not presume to know what is best for everyone, just as we would not presume to pick the outcome of a peaceful election. But I do have an unyielding belief that all people yearn for certain things: the ability to speak your mind and have a say in how you are governed; confidence in the rule of law and the equal administration of justice; government that is transparent and doesn’t steal from the people; the freedom to live as you choose. These are not just American ideas; they are human rights. And that is why we will support them everywhere. (Applause.)

Now, there is no straight line to realize this promise. But this much is clear: Governments that protect these rights are ultimately more stable, successful and secure. Suppressing ideas never succeeds in making them go away. America respects the right of all peaceful and law-abiding voices to be heard around the world, even if we disagree with them. And we will welcome all elected, peaceful governments — provided they govern with respect for all their people.

Right, just like he didn't really mean that he was willing to order a strike where ever OBL was hiding, even if it was in Pakistan.

Ya think maybe he's going to wait and see what the new government does?

Against Israel? Yeah you go with that! :razz:

If the Al Qaeda forces of Egypt attack Israel, what do you expect Obama to do? I suppose he could sit it out, but what if the JOOZZZ are winning?

“I would say that given past statements surrounding Israel—the notion that they should be driven into the sea, that they should be annihilated, that they should be obliterated—the armed aggression that’s been directed toward them in the past—you can understand why not only Israelis would feel concerned, but the United States would feel it was important to back this stalwart ally.”

President Obama

Prime Minister Netanyahu thanked President Obama in his speech to Congress for being “very generous in giving us tools to do the job of defending Israel on our own… [and] for your steadfast commitment to Israel's security. I know economic times are tough. I deeply appreciate this.”

I bet you were in shock when news of binnieboys death (on the order of President Obama) came out weren't you?

Remember the good old days when after no WMD's were found in Iraq, the warmongering Right fell back on the case that

liberating the Iraqi people and spreading democracy throughout the Middle East were the 'real' reasons getting 4000+ Americans killed was worth it.

Well, was it worth it?

It would have been until Obama came along and gave his Cairo apology speech. That is what started the Egypt uprising, and then he couldn't be bothered to get a Status of Forces Agreement with Iraq to insure a peaceful transition.

In other words, the incompetent bastard fucked it all up.

Please list the number of times he used the word apology in that speech.

Fact Checker - Obama's 'Apology Tour'

Egyptians should be free to decide their own future. Lets hope they don't vote for a theocratic state like Iraq.

You would have our soldiers face Iraqi courts?

The incompetent bastard that fucked that all that up was they guy in charge of the occupation. Bremmer I think.

Thanks for presenting the FACTS.

Forum List

Back