Obama Congratulates New Egyptian Pres. Who Says Their New Capital Will Be Jerusalem

You fucking libs tout 'democracy' likes it's some great thing, when all it is is mob rule. There is no protection of the rights of the minority. That's why our Founders were so adamantly AGAINST it as a form of government.

Republican Party on Foreign Policy

Party Platform

"And the second way to defeat the terrorists is to spread freedom. You see, the best way to defeat a society that is -- doesn't have hope, a society where people become so angry they're willing to become suiciders, is to spread freedom, is to spread democracy." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 8, 2005

The Broader Middle East Initiative spreads democracy
Under Bush’s leadership, the US is working with responsible governments and international institutions to convince the leaders of North Korea and Iran that their nuclear weapons ambitions are deeply contrary to their own interests. With allies, America has launched the Broader Middle East Initiative, to encourage reform and democracy throughout the region. Our nation is helping governments fight poverty and disease, so they do not become failed states and future havens for terror.
Source: 2004 Republican Party Platform, p. 11 , Sep 7, 2004

Strengthen ties to Asia and promote democracy there

We will strengthen our alliance with Japan. We will help to deter aggression on the Korean peninsula. We will promote peace in the Taiwan Strait. We will reconstitute our relations with the nations of Southeast Asia. We will obtain the fullest possible accounting for our POW/MIAs from the Pacific wars. And we will promote democracy, open markets, and human rights for the betterment of the people of Asia and the United States.

remember the good old days when after no wmd's were found in iraq, the warmongering right fell back on the case that

liberating the iraqi people and spreading democracy throughout the middle east were the 'real' reasons getting 4000+ americans killed was worth it.

Well, was it worth it?
idiot!!!

He pinned your fucking ears back, didn't he?

Herp derp.

So....

We are closer to war, because we didn't go to war to prevent the people of Egypt from self determination?

Herp derp!

Those neocons were right....

Democracy is on the march in the middle east!

This is why I think Lefties are so Fucking Naive. They see an uprising in the Middle east and think Peace, and Democracy have come. They have attacked America for years for supporting Dictators, all along we have said we do so because the Alternative could be worse. Low and Behold we are watching that Fact play out.

lol

I am sure if the government of Syria Falls tomorrow the Left wing will Dance and sing about Democracy and give Obama Credit for "freeing Syria" then scratch their Heads when Syria becomes the Next Muslim Theocracy we helped Create.

Exactly why we should have either never went into Iraq, Or never left, Same for Afghan. If we really wanted a Free nation to grow there we needed Generations to make it work. You can't just Topple these guys and expect things will get better.

And with whose money do we fund this? China's?

We certainly don't have it or haven't you noticed the $16 trillion debt we owe.

This is why I think Lefties are so Fucking Naive. They see an uprising in the Middle east and think Peace, and Democracy have come. They have attacked America for years for supporting Dictators, all along we have said we do so because the Alternative could be worse. Low and Behold we are watching that Fact play out.

lol

I am sure if the government of Syria Falls tomorrow the Left wing will Dance and sing about Democracy and give Obama Credit for "freeing Syria" then scratch their Heads when Syria becomes the Next Muslim Theocracy we helped Create.

Exactly why we should have either never went into Iraq, Or never left, Same for Afghan. If we really wanted a Free nation to grow there we needed Generations to make it work. You can't just Topple these guys and expect things will get better.

And with whose money do we fund this? China's?

We certainly don't have it or haven't you noticed the $16 trillion debt we owe.

Good question.

I don't think I am going out on a limb by stating Americans are sick of nation building and "spreading democracy"..
Now, this is not to say I think isolationist ideology is the way to go, but I think the US should start minding it's own business.
This idea that if we don't get in there and do something, the commies will is a bunch of crap.
Quite frankly many of these countries we are "saving" aren't worth it.
Iraq was a bit of different story. The country was run by a tyrannical and aggressive person who had designs on the entire Middle East. He was killing his own people. He had to go. My thinking was once Hussein was gone, our troops would soon follow. Ah but the fear was a destabilized( which it still is) Iraq could become a haven for terror groups and given that country's close proximity to Israel, the US would have none of that. FAIL....We should have focused on the mission that was getting rid of the Saddam Hussein regime. Instead we tried "nation building"...Horse shit.
Somalia? Why? Those people have been slaughtering each other for centuries.
The former Yugoslavia? This is a real pisser. We went in there and helped the Muslim minority people who were being exterminated and 15 years later we get 9/11..
If I were President for a day here would be my one of just a few executive orders..
If one of you jackasses comes to me with the notion of sending our military people to fight some tribal conflict or civil war, you'll not only be fired, but I will make sure you never work in public service again.
Of course that is absurd. The point is, we, or should I say our government should not, can I quote LBJ?..."They call upon us to supply American boys to do the job that Asian boys should do."
Waste of money, time and above all else the lives of American soldiers.

Last edited:
And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts.
Isaiah 19:4

Remember the good old days when after no WMD's were found in Iraq, the warmongering Right fell back on the case that

liberating the Iraqi people and spreading democracy throughout the Middle East were the 'real' reasons getting 4000+ Americans killed was worth it.

Well, was it worth it?

It would have been until Obama came along and gave his Cairo apology speech. That is what started the Egypt uprising, and then he couldn't be bothered to get a Status of Forces Agreement with Iraq to insure a peaceful transition.

In other words, the incompetent bastard fucked it all up.

Please list the number of times he used the word apology in that speech.

Fact Checker - Obama's 'Apology Tour'

Egyptians should be free to decide their own future. Lets hope they don't vote for a theocratic state like Iraq.

You would have our soldiers face Iraqi courts?

The incompetent bastard that fucked that all that up was they guy in charge of the occupation. Bremmer I think.

Quote: Originally Posted by Chris Morsi resigned from the Muslim Brotherhood.

When did he resign? what was the date?
:lol:
Obama's all happy hey its democracy in action in his mind. Its a matter of time and Israel has war now thanks Obama you beat Carter at being pushed around. Iran has friends now and more coming it strengthens them us being put of Iraq just sitting there even js

Last edited:
Morsi resigned from the Muslim Brotherhood.

No he didn't. He just said he did..
Morsi is a politician. Which means he keeps his options open.
It's the same as a politician who switches parties just get elected.
Michael Bloomberg is a perfect example. He switched to the GOP to get votes. Bloomberg is a committed liberal from liberal cloth.
Groups such as the MB are like the Mafia. Once you're in the family, there's no getting out.
You stay in until you die or someone gets you dead.

FLASHBACK: Obama in Cairo in ‘09: America Will Not Support An Egyptian Gov‘t ’Ruthless in Suppressing the Rights of Others’; Will Only Welcome New Gov‘t ’With Respect for All’

Guess He didn't mean it.

June 4, 2009
“So let me be clear: No system of government can or should be imposed by one nation by any other.

That does not lessen my commitment, however, to governments that reflect the will of the people. Each nation gives life to this principle in its own way, grounded in the traditions of its own people. America does not presume to know what is best for everyone, just as we would not presume to pick the outcome of a peaceful election. But I do have an unyielding belief that all people yearn for certain things: the ability to speak your mind and have a say in how you are governed; confidence in the rule of law and the equal administration of justice; government that is transparent and doesn’t steal from the people; the freedom to live as you choose. These are not just American ideas; they are human rights. And that is why we will support them everywhere. (Applause.)

Now, there is no straight line to realize this promise. But this much is clear: Governments that protect these rights are ultimately more stable, successful and secure. Suppressing ideas never succeeds in making them go away. America respects the right of all peaceful and law-abiding voices to be heard around the world, even if we disagree with them. And we will welcome all elected, peaceful governments — provided they govern with respect for all their people.

Forum List

Back