obama caves again

Oh, so you want to legalize them? Okay.

So then what do you do with the addicts at that point? They are still a problem, they are still a drain on resources that have to be dealt with.

Are they? Or do you just buy into that because you buy into the talking points of the people who make money off of it?

Yes, unemployable people with addictions are a problem.

Because unlike you, most people will not let people just starve to death.

Which is probably okay with folks like you. "Let them die".

The GOP has good ideas, but the heartlessness is offputting to most civilized people.

When Bush called himself a "Compassionate Conservative", he was ridiculed.

Unemployed people with addictions are problems because...
  1. you say so.
  2. politicians want more money to spend on the war on drugs.
  3. they get unemployment benefits.
  4. drugs are bad.
  5. they get sent to jail for doing drugs.
  6. etc.
I will feed anyone who asks me for food if I have food, even if it means I go hungry. I don't ask them about drug use, nor do I try to get them into rehab. Want to try again on letting people die?

Why do you keep bringing up Republicans when you are trying to make me look bad? I am not a Republican, don't support Republicans, and have never voted for one.

Last edited:
Are they? Or do you just buy into that because you buy into the talking points of the people who make money off of it?

The GOP has good ideas, but the heartlessness is offputting to most civilized people.

Why the fuck should i have to pay for some loser drug addict when it was his choices that got him where he is?

Sooner or later people have to start being responsible for themselves.

I agree 100%.

Unemployed people with addictions are problems because...you say so.
  1. politicians want more money to spend on the war on drugs.
  2. they get unemployment benefits.
  3. drugs are bad.
  4. they get sent to jail for doing drugs.
  5. etc.
I will feed anyone who asks me for food if I have food, even if it means I go hungry. I don't ask them about drug use, nor do I try to get them into rehab. Want to try again on letting people die?

Why do you keep bringing up Republicans when you are trying to make me look bad? I am not a Republican, don't support Republicans, and have never voted for one.

What makes you look bad is that you're a heartless asshole. YOu don't need my help for that.

I've got no problem with feeding the hungry, but I would rather teach a man to fish than give him a fish.

The problem with the GOP (not you) is that they want you to catch 12 fish for a rich guy and they let you keep one. The Democrats want to decide what if a fair amount of fish for you to keep and redistribute them. Neither system is sustainable.

Why the fuck should i have to pay for some loser drug addict when it was his choices that got him where he is?

That's not the point.

The point is that addiction is an illness. (Yes, even for poor addicts, not just Rush Limbaugh). We are treating a medical problem like a criminal one, we lock up more people than any country in the world, and we've created a permanent criminal class.

Every other country got this and treated it like a medical problem. America figured out that there was a way for Rich people to make money, so we got the War on Drugs.

If addiction is an illness so is homosexuality. I have taken highly addictive narcotic drugs way past the recommended dose for long periods of time and never once felt any urge to abuse them. I stopped taking them cold turkey with no symptoms of withdrawal at all. I know people who get addicted after a single drink. I also know people who exhibited all the signs of alcoholism and stopped drinking without any urge to ever take a drink again, Addiction is a combination of being susceptible to behavior modification and choice, it is not a disease.

By the way, every country in the world currently treats drugs as a criminal problem, not a medical one. If they don't the US cuts off foreign aid and institutes economic sanctions against them. At least get your facts right if you want to discuss the issue.

That's not the point.

The point is that addiction is an illness. (Yes, even for poor addicts, not just Rush Limbaugh). We are treating a medical problem like a criminal one, we lock up more people than any country in the world, and we've created a permanent criminal class.

Every other country got this and treated it like a medical problem. America figured out that there was a way for Rich people to make money, so we got the War on Drugs.

Addiction is a choice.

I guess you dont know much about physical addiction.

You cannot be addicted if you don't start taking drugs, that makes it a choice.

There's an aspect of choice in doing the drug to begin with, but you said "addiction" is a choice.

Becoming addicted is involuntary. The choice is doing the drug or not doing the drug, after that - - - it's in the chemical make-up of your body's hands.

One does not become addicted unless one is persistent in the taking of addictive substances.

One time use does not an addict make. So the decision to use and use persistently is what results in the physical addiction.

If you're purporting that there's no 1-use addictive drugs - you're wrong. I know I don't need to google it for you, either -

There are no one use addictive drugs. Google all you want, you won't find any.

Can't get addicted to drugs you don't take. True story. Most truly addicted people break other laws in support of their habit. Suppose we are going to look the other way on those too?

Not at all, but criminalizing drugs does nothing to prevent other crimes. If it did no one would commit other crimes, yet, as you just pointed out, they do. Make drugs legal, and if anyone breaks a real law there will be more jail space, and more resources, to deal with them.

Obama is the master! You guys tried to make an issue out of that birth control thing and when he compromised, you said he caved?

Well it turns out he gets a thumbs up on that compromise, even with Catholics. I think it was the Catholic Health Organization. Turn out, even most Catholics are ok with birth control and have used birth control themselves.

So this issue was nothing more than the GOP trying to stir up the base. Pathetic. Its going to make every other issue they try to stir up pathetic because we will know what they are doing. Just playing politics. Same old tired GOP playbook. Yawn.

That's not the point.

If addiction is an illness so is homosexuality. I have taken highly addictive narcotic drugs way past the recommended dose for long periods of time and never once felt any urge to abuse them. I stopped taking them cold turkey with no symptoms of withdrawal at all. I know people who get addicted after a single drink. I also know people who exhibited all the signs of alcoholism and stopped drinking without any urge to ever take a drink again, Addiction is a combination of being susceptible to behavior modification and choice, it is not a disease.

By the way, every country in the world currently treats drugs as a criminal problem, not a medical one. If they don't the US cuts off foreign aid and institutes economic sanctions against them. At least get your facts right if you want to discuss the issue.

that is abusing them, homey :eusa_shhh:

You might want to read on addiction and addictive personalities, the first time taking many drugs can lead to an addiction. It is a real problem, that is why cocaine, which was used often and over the counter as pain medication, is now illegal.

I have yet to see a study where one dose of a drug caused physical addiction and withdrawal symptoms.

It's more that people liked the way they felt on a drug and continued taking the drug until physical addiction occurred.

Cocaine doesn't have withdrawal symptoms, one dose of cocaine can cause a mental addiction, cocaine is a mental not physical addiction it is mental. I know someone that fought it for years. The euphoria is the addiction and the brain craves the coke, that is why it is such a dangerous drug.

There are physical symptoms of cocaine withdrawal, and it is not addictive after one use. If it were it would always cause addiction for everyone, it doesn't.

Obama is the master! You guys tried to make an issue out of that birth control thing and when he compromised, you said he caved?

Well it turns out he gets a thumbs up on that compromise, even with Catholics. I think it was the Catholic Health Organization. Turn out, even most Catholics are ok with birth control and have used birth control themselves.

So this issue was nothing more than the GOP trying to stir up the base. Pathetic. Its going to make every other issue they try to stir up pathetic because we will know what they are doing. Just playing politics. Same old tired GOP playbook. Yawn.

same old sealybozo

got ketchup?

Unemployed people with addictions are problems because...you say so.
  1. politicians want more money to spend on the war on drugs.
  2. they get unemployment benefits.
  3. drugs are bad.
  4. they get sent to jail for doing drugs.
  5. etc.

What makes you look bad is that you're a heartless asshole. YOu don't need my help for that.

I've got no problem with feeding the hungry, but I would rather teach a man to fish than give him a fish.

The problem with the GOP (not you) is that they want you to catch 12 fish for a rich guy and they let you keep one. The Democrats want to decide what if a fair amount of fish for you to keep and redistribute them. Neither system is sustainable.

There you go again, bringing up the GOP. If you can't actually address what I say why even reply to my posts?

Most people I know who are hungry know how to work, and are more than willing to do so. Me trying to teach them how to work would be condescending, I prefer to treat them with respect.

By your own admission, you've just admitted that addiction is a physiological thing. Some people get addicted, some people don't.

No, the rest of the world does NOT lock up drug users. That's why we lock up 2 million people and the rest of the industrialized nations lock up less than 100,000.

Might want to educate yourself...

Drug policy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's not the point.

Tell you what, you try dealing with a kidney stone that takes a week to pass and not take more drugs than the government says is permitted. Until then, I know what I needed, and I am not addicted. That proves I did not abuse them.

By your own admission, you've just admitted that addiction is a physiological thing. Some people get addicted, some people don't.

No, the rest of the world does NOT lock up drug users. That's why we lock up 2 million people and the rest of the industrialized nations lock up less than 100,000.

Might want to educate yourself...

Drug policy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The rest of the world does not lock up drug users? You seriously want to take that position after you just posted a link that proves you are wrong?

There is a movement in Australia to make some substances decriminalised, particularly cannabis, making the possession of such a non-convictable offence in most states (however, the definition of what constitutes possession can differ between states).

Look at that, there is a movement to decriminalize. That, for the learning disabled, means that current policy and law required people who use drugs to be locked up as criminals.

The first post Catholypse polls are out dude. Catholics are leaving the Obama flock in droves. Thing is, most religious folks realize they could be next. This is a huge blunder for Obama.

Tell you what, you try dealing with a kidney stone that takes a week to pass and not take more drugs than the government says is permitted. Until then, I know what I needed, and I am not addicted. That proves I did not abuse them.

funny, my doctor prescribes my drugs, not the govt.

you can define abuse however you want, but the standard is, if you're not taking them as prescribed, you're abusing them.

it doesn't make you a bad person

what Obama did to the catholic church is just a continuation of his pick and choose/winners/losers policy,,,,,why not adapt his contraception policy to all faiths? why only catholics? guess Obama hates catholics? why not apply the policy to all Mosques?

And again: you are a total dumbass.

bd_laughatem.gif

what Obama did to the catholic church is just a continuation of his pick and choose/winners/losers policy,,,,,why not adapt his contraception policy to all faiths? why only catholics? guess Obama hates catholics? why not apply the policy to all Mosques?

And again: you are a total dumbass.

bd_laughatem.gif

stunning rebuttal :thup:

Forum List

Back