obama caves again

From Huffo and in aisle 7 at Walmart where they buy stretchy pants.
LMAOff!!!

Thanks for the chuckle!

No it doesn't.

Can Muslims in the U.S. stone their women?

Alright then.

Is forcing churches to violate their tennants on birth control the same as forcing muslims to not stone their women in your mind?

To not let devout Muslims who believe in the old ways stone their uppity women would be "prohibiting the free exercise thereof", would it not?
You guys have GOT to be kidding right!? Surely no one knows that little about our Constitution who would show up on a forum arguing about it.

5th Amendment to the US Constitution is titled, Trial and Punishment, Compensation for Takings. It says, "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

That does NOT mean Sharia law. It means the law of the land, US law!

FOR CRIPES SAKES FOLKS...PLEASE...read and understand the damn Constitution before it is too late. You are being lead to destruction by your progressive handlers!

Once you do...try The Federalist Papers next to answer all those questions you WILL have. They will explain why the founders did and believed what they did.

Or a book called The Original Argument, published under Glenn Beck's name...I know, but put the petty partisanship aside because it was actually written by a group of law school students. Beck just lent his name to get it published.

It is the Federalist Papers written in plain english. You know, for those with ADD that can't wade through the original document's formal colonial language. ;~)

If the Amish can opt-out then Catholics should also be able to do so.

There should be no need whatsoever for anybody to opt out because a government that recognized our unalienable rights would not be mandating that any of us purchase or receive anything in the first place.

It would technically still be unconstitutionally over reaching to take the people's money to use for any form of social manipulation or engineering, but it would be less offensive if the program was established that people could choose to opt in or not.

Funny how the more liberal governments never seem to consider that option however.

Last edited:
The federal government has been mandating things for so long now without funding them, that they think somehow that should apply to private companies and individuals.

Doubt it all you want... does not make it less true.

Catholic Church in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, stop following me around the forum, freak.
In order to qualify to be a non-profit you must donate a percentage of your profits. So your point is pretty stupid.

A non-profit you must donate a % of your profits? And what % is that? Because that is not what the IRS or my attorneys told me when I was helping to set up a non-profit. Where did you you find this information out? Because I think you are full of it. So your whole post and opinion are pretty stupid.

Yup, I have worked for and/or managed a lot of non profit organizations and I am unaware of any obligation to donate anything to anybody. A qualified not-for-profit org does not have stockholders or investors and will generally provide religious, charitable, educational, or humanitarian services. The only requirement is that it not operate for the purpose of making a profit. It does not have to give anything away.

There should be no need whatsoever for anybody to opt out because a government that recognized our unalienable rights would not be mandating that any of us purchase or receive anything in the first place.

It would technically still be unconstitutionally over reaching to take the people's money to use for any form of social manipulation or engineering, but it would be less offensive if the program was established that people could choose to opt in or not.

Funny how the more liberal governments never seem to consider that option however.
They have to be in control. It's that simple. I resent it.

Wonder what this President will do in a real crisis.
Making a decision to go after Bin Laden was a no brainer...Pa leeze.
What is he gonna do when Iran has a few nukes rolled out off the assembly line....

This will be interesting.

Wonder what this President will do in a real crisis.
Making a decision to go after Bin Laden was a no brainer...Pa leeze.
What is he gonna do when Iran has a few nukes rolled out off the assembly line....

This will be interesting.

All the O did regarding Usama bin-Laden was act on a standing order by Bush...no brainer indeed.

And as Iran ramps up with Nukes? Obama wishes to take ours unilaterally down 80% ...

Staggering: Obama to Cut Nukes by 80%

AP: Dempsey Says Status Quo Still Possible on Nukes

So there's your answer to that issue. :doubt:

In order to qualify to be a non-profit you must donate a percentage of your profits. So your point is pretty stupid.

Not true, so her point is completely valid.
You're right, they must donate ALL of their profits to the "charitable" purpose.

btw, how funny to see CG use a wikipedia link to back up her opinion. A link that doesn't give the context of the quote.

:thup:

*sigh*

Non profits are required to fold their profits, if there are any, back into the business, not donate any of your profits to anyone. Want to try again and look even sillier, or do you prefer to slink away and act like you never make mistakes?

Last edited:
Not true, so her point is completely valid.
You're right, they must donate ALL of their profits to the "charitable" purpose.

btw, how funny to see CG use a wikipedia link to back up her opinion. A link that doesn't give the context of the quote.

I found the original source for the quote... It was an article written by a nun...

Of course, the Catholics can't call the money they make a "profit", so they have to call it a surplus.

They can call it whatever they want as long as the money doesn't get paid to the owners or stockholders.

A non-profit you must donate a % of your profits? And what % is that? Because that is not what the IRS or my attorneys told me when I was helping to set up a non-profit. Where did you you find this information out? Because I think you are full of it. So your whole post and opinion are pretty stupid.

You gotta expect stuff like this from Ravi.

I found the original source for the quote... It was an article written by a nun...

Of course, the Catholics can't call the money they make a "profit", so they have to call it a surplus.

All nonprofits call it a surplus. Debate fail.
Doesn't really matter what they call it, they are obligated to put back any profit into the business or they lose their non-profit status. So claiming they donated a gazillion dollars is pretty meaningless if they are required to do it, especially since they are getting over 60% of their funding from the government....and paying their secular staff big salaries.

It would be interesting to see exactly how many of the poor they help that they don't get reimbursed for from Medicaid or some other local tax fund.

I'm not going to look it up but I believe the figure is 7%. You can use all the money you earn toward operating expense, including salaries and that big lake view office, as long as you are plowing 7% back into the "charitable" part of the business.

Haven't you seen the whining over Red Cross and United Way having high overhead costs?

The Amish don't operate businesses that serve the general public. The Catholics can opt out, but their businesses should follow the same rules that every other business must follow.

The Amish don't operate businesses that serve the general public. The Catholics can opt out, but their businesses should follow the same rules that every other business must follow.

You're kidding right? Half the roofing jobs in this county are done by Amish. They sell eggs, bread and cakes from their homes too. Oh, and then there's furniture.

You're kidding right? Half the roofing jobs in this county are done by Amish. They sell eggs, bread and cakes from their homes too. Oh, and then there's furniture.
Are they non-profits getting underwritten by the government?

Somehow I doubt it.

And you are thinking of Shaker furniture, lol.

Are they non-profits getting underwritten by the government?

Somehow I doubt it.

And you are thinking of Shaker furniture, lol.

Well there is that too, but yes, our local Amish make furniture. Mennonites build houses here too. Btw, your question was, "Amish don't operate businesses that serve the general public." I jsut answered it. Now you add the non-profit part. I don't think the Amish get their kitchens inspected by the health department.

And stoves...:eusa_whistle:

LINK

*I* Welcome them into the world of continued commerce, and the 21st Century...

All nonprofits call it a surplus. Debate fail.
Doesn't really matter what they call it, they are obligated to put back any profit into the business or they lose their non-profit status. So claiming they donated a gazillion dollars is pretty meaningless if they are required to do it, especially since they are getting over 60% of their funding from the government....and paying their secular staff big salaries.

It would be interesting to see exactly how many of the poor they help that they don't get reimbursed for from Medicaid or some other local tax fund.

What happened to the donations thing?

Better tell the government so they will stop raiding Amish farms for raw selling milk to the public.

Feds raid Amish farm for the crime of selling raw milk

I guess that makes this a fail, doesn't it?

Forum List

Back