obama caves again

funny, my doctor prescribes my drugs, not the govt.

you can define abuse however you want, but the standard is, if you're not taking them as prescribed, you're abusing them.

it doesn't make you a bad person

The Rush Limbaugh defense.

Not so sure on pain killers though. I am virtually immune to many pain killers. Give me two or three times normal dose and still no effect outside maybe making me sleepy.

[
This was always going to be a fight Obama could not afford to win.... or lose really. If he won, he faced the very real possibility of losing the Catholic vote - If you look at the numbers of Catholics, and where they are heavily populated - that could very well cost him re-election. If he lost, he faces the ire of the left.

We've had this convo before and the evidence that the majority of Catholics nationwide think like you apparently think they do is pretty scant, to say the least.

Catholics' Approval of Obama Little Changed

[
This was always going to be a fight Obama could not afford to win.... or lose really. If he won, he faced the very real possibility of losing the Catholic vote - If you look at the numbers of Catholics, and where they are heavily populated - that could very well cost him re-election. If he lost, he faces the ire of the left.

We've had this convo before and the evidence that the majority of Catholics nationwide think like you apparently think they do is pretty scant, to say the least.

That source cites positive economic news as the offset. Gas prices are not coming down soon and a stock market consolidation would be a difficult setabck as well.

that is abusing them, homey :eusa_shhh:

Tell you what, you try dealing with a kidney stone that takes a week to pass and not take more drugs than the government says is permitted. Until then, I know what I needed, and I am not addicted. That proves I did not abuse them.

you can define abuse however you want, but the standard is, if you're not taking them as prescribed, you're abusing them.

Hate to break the news to you, but the government thinks it knows more about drugs than your doctor, why else try to shut down the supply prescription drugs for thousands of patients served by 2,500 pharmacies because of a suspicion that pharmacies had bought more drugs than they needed?

Drug wholesaler, 2 pharmacies charged in DEA crackdown on pill mills

The Rush Limbaugh defense.

Not so sure on pain killers though. I am virtually immune to many pain killers. Give me two or three times normal dose and still no effect outside maybe making me sleepy.

They definitely made me sleepy, which was good. Screaming in pain tends to wake me up.

Actually, no matter what "business law says, the phrase you would like to conveniently leave out of any 1st amendment discussion, (or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;") does take precedence.

No it doesn't.

Can Muslims in the U.S. stone their women?

Alright then.

Is forcing churches to violate their tennants on birth control the same as forcing muslims to not stone their women in your mind?

To not let devout Muslims who believe in the old ways stone their uppity women would be "prohibiting the free exercise thereof", would it not?

[

Remind me to be more critical of Gallop's headlines. Reversing a steady increase in support among Catholics and halving the gain he made since January is hardly what I would call little changed.

Tell you what, you try dealing with a kidney stone that takes a week to pass and not take more drugs than the government says is permitted. Until then, I know what I needed, and I am not addicted. That proves I did not abuse them.

Hate to break the news to you, but the government thinks it knows more about drugs than your doctor, why else try to shut down the supply prescription drugs for thousands of patients served by 2,500 pharmacies because of a suspicion that pharmacies had bought more drugs than they needed?

that's got nothing to do with your prescription, ace.

try harder

[

That source cites positive economic news as the offset. Gas prices are not coming down soon and a stock market consolidation would be a difficult setabck as well.

Are you actually arguing that Catholics who don't care about this now are gonna suddenly care about this if economic news goes negative?

that's got nothing to do with your prescription, ace.

try harder

Whatever.

The government sets up guidelines for prescriptions of narcotics.
Doctors go to jail for not following said guidelines.
My doctor, being sane, prefers not to go to jail.
Given all of the above, the government has nothing to do with how my doctor writes a prescription.

Got it.

If that is true.... that we 'run schools and hospitals to make money', would you care to explain why the Church contributes $5.7 billion per annum to run its hospitals? Where, exactly, is the 'profit'?

Fact is, this is a first amendment issue.... in that the government does not have the authority to define what constitutes the 'free exercise thereof'. Many churches - not just the Catholic Church - run charities, schools, hospitals, etc as a core part of their Christian Duty. That is protected by the First Amendment..... which is why your messiah is backtracking on his clusterfuck of a healthcare bill.

I kind of doubt that figure. Health care is big business, has been for a long time.

Sorry, it's about the money...

A Catholic Hospital's Fall From Grace | MichaelMoore.com

Oh, and a person who didn't support McCain when I did really doesn't have any business calling Obama my "messiah". I voted against him for the only credible alternative. You didn't.

Now, personally, I'd go a lot further than Obama. I'd get rid of all their tax exemptions and easements and all the other state sponsored goodies they claim. Treat Churches like any other business, then see how they fare.

Doubt it all you want... does not make it less true.

In 2002, Catholic health care systems, overseeing 625 hospitals with a combined revenue of 30 billion dollars, comprised the nation's largest group of nonprofit systems.[19] In 2008, the cost of running these hospitals had risen to $84.6 billion, including the $5.7 billion they donate.[20] According to the Catholic Health Association of the United States, 60 health care systems, on average, admit one in six patients nationwide each year.[21]

Catholic Church in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, stop following me around the forum, freak.
In order to qualify to be a non-profit you must donate a percentage of your profits. So your point is pretty stupid.

I kind of doubt that figure. Health care is big business, has been for a long time.

Oh, and a person who didn't support McCain when I did really doesn't have any business calling Obama my "messiah". I voted against him for the only credible alternative. You didn't.

Now, personally, I'd go a lot further than Obama. I'd get rid of all their tax exemptions and easements and all the other state sponsored goodies they claim. Treat Churches like any other business, then see how they fare.

In 2002, Catholic health care systems, overseeing 625 hospitals with a combined revenue of 30 billion dollars, comprised the nation's largest group of nonprofit systems.[19] In 2008, the cost of running these hospitals had risen to $84.6 billion, including the $5.7 billion they donate.[20] According to the Catholic Health Association of the United States, 60 health care systems, on average, admit one in six patients nationwide each year.[21]

In order to qualify to be a non-profit you must donate a percentage of your profits. So your point is pretty stupid.

Not true, so her point is completely valid.

Obama is the master! You guys tried to make an issue out of that birth control thing and when he compromised, you said he caved?

Well it turns out he gets a thumbs up on that compromise, even with Catholics. I think it was the Catholic Health Organization. Turn out, even most Catholics are ok with birth control and have used birth control themselves.

So this issue was nothing more than the GOP trying to stir up the base. Pathetic. Its going to make every other issue they try to stir up pathetic because we will know what they are doing. Just playing politics. Same old tired GOP playbook. Yawn.

The first post Catholypse polls are out dude. Catholics are leaving the Obama flock in droves. Thing is, most religious folks realize they could be next. This is a huge blunder for Obama.

I've talked to a lot of Catholics. Not a one of them gives a crap about this, and most think the president is right.

75% of Catholics think the church's position on Birth control is whacked.

People will not be talking about this in a week.

You're right, they must donate ALL of their profits to the "charitable" purpose.

btw, how funny to see CG use a wikipedia link to back up her opinion. A link that doesn't give the context of the quote.

:thup:

You're right, they must donate ALL of their profits to the "charitable" purpose.

btw, how funny to see CG use a wikipedia link to back up her opinion. A link that doesn't give the context of the quote.

I found the original source for the quote... It was an article written by a nun...

Of course, the Catholics can't call the money they make a "profit", so they have to call it a surplus.

I found the original source for the quote... It was an article written by a nun...

Of course, the Catholics can't call the money they make a "profit", so they have to call it a surplus.

All nonprofits call it a surplus. Debate fail.

A non-profit you must donate a % of your profits? And what % is that? Because that is not what the IRS or my attorneys told me when I was helping to set up a non-profit. Where did you you find this information out? Because I think you are full of it. So your whole post and opinion are pretty stupid.

Really, and what do they do with this surplus? You people seem so knowledgeable about non-profits and how they operate, where did you get this enlightenment?

Last edited:
Really, and what do they do with this surplus? You people seem so knowledgeable about non-profits and how they operate, wher did you get this enlightenment?

From Huffo and in aisle 7 at Walmart where they buy stretchy pants.

Forum List

Back