Obama buys 30 minutes on CBS, ABC, NBC and FOX

Great now I'm going to miss CSI.

it's bad enough the debates screw up my TV watching schedule now this?

He better not interrupt America's reality shows or there will be a riot!

"What, I can't watch fat people try to lose weight tonight? Whoa,,,,,I can't watch a bunch of has-beens dance like an idiot? No way-no how, I can't see a bunch of people eat a live crab so they can get a Diet Coke? "

Madness and mayhem I tell ya!

Wow.

If he does buy the other networks and creates a road-block on all four of the big networks, the exposure would be monumental.

I can't even begin to wonder how much this will cost.

Primetime in the middle of the fall new-episode season, and for a half hour?

Once again, wow.

OMG this makes me very excited!

He's really going balls out to try to win this election!

See, this is what opting out of Public Finance does for you :lol:

GObama!

Jeez, thank god he lied about public financing...otherwise he wouldn't be able to buy his way to victory!

Fox News would probably charge him five times the amount they charge everyone else.

Though I must admit, seeing PRO Obama ads in commerical breaks between The O'Reilly Factor and Hannity/Colmes would be freakin hilarious.

I don't think this is going to be paid advertisement Robert. I think this is going to be a 30 minute "special" where Obama speaks directly to the voters about his plans for the future of this country!

How amazing would that be just days before the election!

Fox News would probably charge him five times the amount they charge everyone else.

Though I must admit, seeing PRO Obama ads in commerical breaks between The O'Reilly Factor and Hannity/Colmes would be freakin hilarious.

They can't.

As a network or a local television station, you have to sell time to political candidates for the lowest unit rate. In this case the unit would be a half hour of primetime, but they can't charge any more for it than they would another person or entity which wanted to buy a similiar slot.

I don't think this is going to be paid advertisement Robert. I think this is going to be a 30 minute "special" where Obama speaks directly to the voters about his plans for the future of this country!

It's paid.

The networks do not give away airtime to political candidates. If they did they would have to offer equal time to every candidate in the election and since the networks exist to make money, they aren't giving away anything for free.

Last edited:

Now that would even be more amazing. Honestly, right in the middle of primetime before the election he'll have a 30 minute "special".

It would also be another record first that Obama would be doing.

It's paid.

The networks do not give away airtime to political candidates. If they did they would have to offer equal time to every candidate in the election and the networks exist to make money.

No I meant like 30 second spots type ads. I know it's paid time but it won't be commericals.

Gem :eusa_boohoo: it's not buying the election...it's giving the voters the opportunity to have the most information they can get prior to voting. Bet McCain is shitting his pants over this :badgrin:

No I meant like 30 second spots type ads. I know it's paid time but it won't be commericals.

Gem :eusa_boohoo: it's not buying the election...it's giving the voters the opportunity to have the most information they can get prior to voting. Bet McCain is shitting his pants over this :badgrin:

Oh, in that case you are correct.

It will be a 30 minute program which will air commercial free.

They can't.

As a network or a local television station, you have to sell time to political candidates for the lowest unit rate. In this case the unit would be a half hour of primetime, but they can't charge any more for it than they would another person or entity which wanted to buy a similiar slot.

I know, but it still would be something Fox News would do if they could. :lol:

I think Obama has the money to do it and will end up doing it.

Then McCain might try to follow while saying it was his idea originally. :lol:

Now that would even be more amazing. Honestly, right in the middle of primetime before the election he'll have a 30 minute "special".

It would also be another record first that Obama would be doing.

I hope his opening is funnier than Leno!

Wonder who his guests will be, and what band will be playing?

I hope his opening is funnier than Leno!

Wonder who his guests will be, and what band will be playing?

Well I think it would be a speech, but if it was something like that then most of Hollywood would sign up for free to do that.

McCain would have a tougher time though, he's on a mission to be sued by half of the music industry by the time November 4 arrives. :badgrin:

Jeez, thank god he lied about public financing...otherwise he wouldn't be able to buy his way to victory!

:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

Yea, he changed his mind on it because he, like many of us, are so shocked to see just how many people donate to his campaign.

Furthermore, this just proves this election is OVER

Well I think it would be a speech, but if it was something like that then most of Hollywood would sign up for free to do that.

McCain would have a tougher time though, he's on a mission to be sued by half of the music industry by the time November 4 arrives. :badgrin:

I am fully expecting a living room setting, much like the 2 minute commercial he did recently which resonated with many people.

Talk directly to the voters and once again outline his plan. Focus on the economy over and over again.

If he goes negative about McCain, this will not work IMO.

He should stick with the message that got him here.

Maybe Obama is trying to treat McCain like Reagan treated Russia. Force them to try to keep up with your spending until they have nothing left.

Forum List

Back