Obama budget projects highest deficit ever.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tom Clancy, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Tom Clancy

Tom Clancy Clancy for Ron Paul

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +585
    Obama unveils 2011 budget with $3.83T in spending - Yahoo! News

snip

2. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,364
    Oh come on Tom, give the poor guy a break. In the SOTU address he promised to freeze some spending, and according to the New York Time this budget does freeze spending that will save about $20 billion. The Times also extrapolates that into $447 billion in savings over the next decade. (I still have that assortment of bridges to sell.)

Let's see - save $20 billion but increase the budget by how much? What percentage of a $3.83 trillion budget is $20 billion?

There must have a been a full moon the night somebody convinced him that thinking Americans are going to think he is saving us a dime.

If we don't find a way to rein in this guy, I'm not sure we can make it to 2012 and replace him. He seems hell bent on destroying the American economy and thus our security and sovereignty into perpetuity.

Vote for ONLY fiscal conservatives with a track record in November.

3. Tom Clancy

Tom Clancy Clancy for Ron Paul

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +585
    Good post.

People fail to realize, they heard it will save us 20 Billion, but of course without knowing how much the budget will increase.

I've given this guy breaks from time to time, I give any president time to get me at my good side, but lately, this guy is just a moron.

4. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,364
    Well, unfortunately so are many of his worshipers. They don't know or care how he will do it, but so long as he keeps promising them that he'll make their lives much more wonderful, they will continue to grovel at his feet and refuse to listen to any common sense rationale.

His sense of economics, like many liberals, is like me going to buy a new car. I can buy a $20,000 Ford Focus that I can easily afford, or I can by a $40,000 fully loaded Lexus that wipes me out financially for the next five years, and claim that I saved $2,000 because I got a rebate.

To liberals, claiming that they are budgeting less than they would like to budget is saving us money.

On the other hand, if conservatives spend more than the year before but less than what liberals want to spend, that's slashing funding.

It's nuts.