Obama blames Bush for ending Iraq~

Article 24
Withdrawal of the United States Forces from Iraq
Recognizing the performance and increasing capacity of the Iraqi Security Forces, the
assumption of full security responsibility by those Forces, and based upon the strong
relationship between the Parties, an agreement on the following has been reached:

1. All the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory no later than
December 31, 2011.

2. All United States combat forces shall withdraw from Iraqi cities, villages, and
localities no later than the time at which Iraqi Security Forces assume full responsibility
for security in an Iraqi province, provided that such withdrawal is completed no later than
June 30, 2009.

3. United States combat forces withdrawn pursuant to paragraph 2 above shall be
stationed in the agreed facilities and areas outside cities, villages, and localities to be
designated by the JMOCC before the date established in paragraph 2 above.

4. The United States recognizes the sovereign right of the Government of Iraq to request
the departure of the United States Forces from Iraq at any time. The Government of Iraq
recognizes the sovereign right of the United States to withdraw the United States Forces
from Iraq at any time.

5. The Parties agree to establish mechanisms and arrangements to reduce the number of
the United States Forces during the periods of time that have been determined, and they
shall agree on the locations where the United States Forces will be present.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/world/20081119_SOFA_FINAL_AGREED_TEXT.pdf

Great job BB. I asked EconChick to post language from the SOFA that backs up her wild stories about the 2008 SOFA that she has been peddling around here.

Iraq has a new PM. The Obama haters are headed for quite a set back when IS can't take over Iraq and they won't be able to pin what happens in Iraq on Obama.

Article 24
Withdrawal of the United States Forces from Iraq
Recognizing the performance and increasing capacity of the Iraqi Security Forces, the
assumption of full security responsibility by those Forces, and based upon the strong
relationship between the Parties, an agreement on the following has been reached:

1. All the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory no later than
December 31, 2011.

2. All United States combat forces shall withdraw from Iraqi cities, villages, and
localities no later than the time at which Iraqi Security Forces assume full responsibility
for security in an Iraqi province, provided that such withdrawal is completed no later than
June 30, 2009.

3. United States combat forces withdrawn pursuant to paragraph 2 above shall be
stationed in the agreed facilities and areas outside cities, villages, and localities to be
designated by the JMOCC before the date established in paragraph 2 above.

4. The United States recognizes the sovereign right of the Government of Iraq to request
the departure of the United States Forces from Iraq at any time. The Government of Iraq
recognizes the sovereign right of the United States to withdraw the United States Forces
from Iraq at any time.

5. The Parties agree to establish mechanisms and arrangements to reduce the number of
the United States Forces during the periods of time that have been determined, and they
shall agree on the locations where the United States Forces will be present.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/world/20081119_SOFA_FINAL_AGREED_TEXT.pdf

Great job BB. I asked EconChick to post language from the SOFA that backs up her wild stories about the 2008 SOFA that she has been peddling around here.

Iraq has a new PM. The Obama haters are headed for quite a set back when IS can't take over Iraq and they won't be able to pin what happens in Iraq on Obama.

Well that settles it. Obama had nothing to do with pulling our troops out of Iraq.

Obama claims he didn't end Iraq, or even want to... lol.

Q Mr. President, do you have any second thoughts about pulling all ground troops out of Iraq? And does it give you pause as the U.S. -- is it doing the same thing in Afghanistan?

THE PRESIDENT: What I just find interesting is the degree to which this issue keeps on coming up, as if this was my decision. Under the previous administration, we had turned over the country to a sovereign, democratically elected Iraqi government.

Look at the question and answer you cited. Obama was asked by an uniformed journalist if he had any second thoughts about pulling all ground troops out of Iraq.

There was no second thought available is the truth.

It is true that under the Bush Administration we did in fact turn over the country to a sovereign, democratically elected Iraqi government.

Are you saying Bush did not turn over Iraq to a sovereign, democratically elected Iraqi government?

Obama's reply is the exact truth and no amount of right wing distortion can change the facts as they stand.

Turning Iraq over is NOT the same thing as troop removal.

if the RW's can't blame Obama (via fact or fiction) who can they blame ? if the truth doesn't fit their talking points they make up a lie and deny it until they either pass out or believe it ... and they never pass out

THE PRESIDENT last Saturday; "Under the previous administration, we had turned over the country to a sovereign, democratically elected Iraqi government."

Bush SOFA 2008: 4. The United States recognizes the sovereign right of the Government of Iraq to request the departure of the United States Forces from Iraq at any time.

The Wingnuts are calling Obama's statement a lie.

Turning Iraq over is NOT the same thing as troop removal.

It does not need to be the same thing to be relevant. It means troop removal became Iraq's soveriegn decision. Obama is correct.

THE PRESIDENT last Saturday; "Under the previous administration, we had turned over the country to a sovereign, democratically elected Iraqi government."

And Bush's SOFA says it very clearly;

Bush SOFA 2008: 4. The United States recognizes the sovereign right of the Government of Iraq to request the departure of the United States Forces from Iraq at any time.

So it was about troop removal. Troop removal from Iraq was not Obsma's decision not was it Bush's decision. It was and still is Iraq's government official's decision.

Q Mr. President, do you have any second thoughts about pulling all ground troops out of Iraq? And does it give you pause as the U.S. -- is it doing the same thing in Afghanistan?

THE PRESIDENT: What I just find interesting is the degree to which this issue keeps on coming up, as if this was my decision. Under the previous administration, we had turned over the country to a sovereign, democratically elected Iraqi government.

Obama admits it was Bush that ended the war and claims he really wanted to stay there.

Obama's 2012 Debate Boast: I Didn't Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq | The Weekly Standard

Odd = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKSb2ukQxvY

Will Obama win lie of the year again? Will the media even go with this? I mean, I like Rand Paul and if he farts the Media is there to destroy him... Obama took credit for ending a war 3 years later than he told people he would only to now claim he never ended it, it was all Bush!

Wasn't Obama taking credit for ending the war in Iraq and because of him we were
getting our troops out.

Bullshit on our inability to leave troops behind. The Kurds, our closest potential allies in the area, begged us to stay.

Why didnt Bush negotiate Kurdush bases into the 2008 SOFA?

Instead he agreed to let Baghdad tell him and the incoming president what the US military could do:

Bullshit on our inability to leave troops behind. The Kurds, our closest potential allies in the area, begged us to stay.

Instead he agreed to let Baghdad tell him and the incoming president what the US military could do:

The incoming president could do whatever the hell he wanted. He wanted the troops out and used Maliki for his scapegoat.

The incoming president could do whatever the hell he wanted. He wanted the troops out and used Maliki for his scapegoat.
Obama turned tail and ran. Many of us said if we didnt maintain troops we'd back in Iraq in 10 years. We were off on the timing, but not the general idea.
And now Obama is floundering around throwing one ad hoc idea after another hoping something sticks. Until he needs yet something else to knock it off the front page.

#Bringbackourgirls.
Anyone remember that?

Obama admits it was Bush that ended the war and claims he really wanted to stay there.

Obama's 2012 Debate Boast: I Didn't Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq | The Weekly Standard

Will Obama win lie of the year again? Will the media even go with this? I mean, I like Rand Paul and if he farts the Media is there to destroy him... Obama took credit for ending a war 3 years later than he told people he would only to now claim he never ended it, it was all Bush!

LOL From the White House, no less. I remember and I know there are threads here which declared Obama ended the war in Iraq.

President Obama Has Ended the War in Iraq

Last year, the President made progress toward achieving that goal. He brought an end to the combat mission in Iraq, and through the course of the past 14 months, more than 100,000 troops have returned to their families.

Now, that promise will be wholly fulfilled. Today, President Obama announced that the rest of our troops will be home by the holidays:

But this moment represents more than an accomplishment for the President. It marks a monumental change of focus for our military and a fundamental shift in the way that the our nation will engage in the world:

President Obama Has Ended the War in Iraq | The White House

So did he or didn't he end the war in Iraq? This is killin me.

:lmao:

The world ain't so simple. Stick to religion Rabbi.

"The action is supported by NATO and the United States." Are you aware of what NATO is and that Turkey is a member.

Obama’s announcement came as Turkey engaged in counteroffensive strikes against Kurdish rebels in the semiautonomous Kurdish region of northern Iraq. The action is supported by NATO and the United States. helping Turkey in the aggression,” independent Iraqi lawmaker Mahmoud Othman, who is from the region, said in a phone interview. “So maybe it’s better for them not to be around.”

All U.S. troops to leave Iraq by the end of 2011 - The Washington Post

The world ain't so simple. Stick to religion Rabbi.

"The action is supported by NATO and the United States." Are you aware of what NATO is and that Turkey is a member.

Obama’s announcement came as Turkey engaged in counteroffensive strikes against Kurdish rebels in the semiautonomous Kurdish region of northern Iraq. The action is supported by NATO and the United States. helping Turkey in the aggression,” independent Iraqi lawmaker Mahmoud Othman, who is from the region, said in a phone interview. “So maybe it’s better for them not to be around.”

All U.S. troops to leave Iraq by the end of 2011 - The Washington Post

So Obama gets his policies dictated to him by the only Muslim state in NATO. Got it.

Maliki is a disaster, and Booosh's fave. Booosh's record of disaster is spotless...MAYBE a new PM can turn things around....or maybe Biden's right and Iraq should split...

BIG picture- Thanks to Booosh and Pubs for the World Depression, which gives us world chaos, and stalling our recovery, and thus the WORLD recovery, with phony crises and 24/7 fear mongering. Just a taste of the 30's ...Thank god THIS time the Dems got in fast...

Last edited:

The really Sad part is that the Libtards believe anything, and I mean anything this Regime vomits on the American Public .

0+1+a+aaaaaaaaaaaaaaplay.jpg

Forum List

Back