Obama blames Bush for ending Iraq~

Avorysuds

Gold Member
Jul 4, 2010
Eugene Oregon
Obama claims he didn't end Iraq, or even want to... lol.

Q Mr. President, do you have any second thoughts about pulling all ground troops out of Iraq? And does it give you pause as the U.S. -- is it doing the same thing in Afghanistan?

THE PRESIDENT: What I just find interesting is the degree to which this issue keeps on coming up, as if this was my decision. Under the previous administration, we had turned over the country to a sovereign, democratically elected Iraqi government.

Obama admits it was Bush that ended the war and claims he really wanted to stay there.

Obama's 2012 Debate Boast: I Didn't Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq | The Weekly Standard

Odd =

Will Obama win lie of the year again? Will the media even go with this? I mean, I like Rand Paul and if he farts the Media is there to destroy him... Obama took credit for ending a war 3 years later than he told people he would only to now claim he never ended it, it was all Bush!

Last edited by a moderator:
The far left will blame everyone they have to in order to make sure they get none of it.

To many on the far left they really actually believe the history of Iraq started in 2003.

And to this day (based on the far left propaganda), Bush is still president now.

Q Mr. President, do you have any second thoughts about pulling all ground troops out of Iraq? And does it give you pause as the U.S. -- is it doing the same thing in Afghanistan?

THE PRESIDENT: What I just find interesting is the degree to which this issue keeps on coming up, as if this was my decision. Under the previous administration, we had turned over the country to a sovereign, democratically elected Iraqi government.

Obama admits it was Bush that ended the war and claims he really wanted to stay there.

Obama's 2012 Debate Boast: I Didn't Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq | The Weekly Standard

Odd = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKSb2ukQxvY

Will Obama win lie of the year again? Will the media even go with this? I mean, I like Rand Paul and if he farts the Media is there to destroy him... Obama took credit for ending a war 3 years later than he told people he would only to now claim he never ended it, it was all Bush!

That isn't what he said two days ago and I gave him credit for the truth then! He wasn't able to negotiate the Status of Forces Agreement with Maliki and essentially we were kicked out. Whether Obama didn't have the negotiating skills or he didn't try very hard we'll never know, but that is what happened. It was all over whether our forces were going to be held responsible for breaking their laws. It was nothing about Bush.

I just can't believe that Obama feels it's politically stronger to blame Bush for ending Iraq. Obama sure loved the jump in the polls when parades were going on claiming Obama ended the war. Obama seemed very happy to take credit for ending the war no one wanted all over the news networks for weeks.

Now, all of a sudden he claims he was forced to leave and wanted to stay???? What happened to the Obama who ran on "the first thing I'll do is get us out of Iraq"?

Where are all the war protesters??

Where are all the liberals/progressives claiming the US and Obama are evil?

Guess we'll have to wait for a Republican to win in 2016 for that....

Pathological lying

In psychiatry, pathological lying (also called compulsive lying, pseudologia fantastica and mythomania) is a behavior of habitual or compulsive lying.[1][2] It was first described in the medical literature in 1891 by Anton Delbrueck.[2] Although it is a controversial topic,[2] pathological lying has been defined as "falsification entirely disproportionate to any discernible end in view, may be extensive and very complicated, and may manifest over a period of years or even a lifetime".[1] The individual may be aware they are lying, or may believe they are telling the truth, being unaware that they are relating fantasies."

Pathological lying - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That isn't what he said two days ago and I gave him credit for the truth then! He wasn't able to negotiate the Status of Forces Agreement with Maliki and essentially we were kicked out. Whether Obama didn't have the negotiating skills or he didn't try very hard we'll never know, but that is what happened. It was all over whether our forces were going to be held responsible for breaking their laws. It was nothing about Bush.

Have to disagree with you on that point as Obama needed to be out of Iraq to appease his far left base. He promised to have all American troops out of Iraq, so to blow off negotiating with Maliki was an easy way to make that happen.

And we see if Obama does not get his way he will pick up his ball and go home.

If Obama had not had such a horrid track record on negotiating, you may have been correct in question this. The fact is it is not in question, the fact is Obama needed Iraq to fail so the far left could claim victory on their propaganda from 2003 - 2009.

Bush agreed to remove troops in 2008, so Obama should have ignored agreements BUSH signed? No dice. Bush's War, then AND now, but Obama has to clean up Bush's mess.
he Bush Administration later sought an agreement with the Iraqi government, and in 2008 George W. Bush signed the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement. It included a deadline of 31 December 2011, before which "all the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory".[12][13][14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq

For those in a coma from 2007-until today.

Last edited:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh really??? So what is this???

I'd honestly like an answer. Because it seems like when it was popular top end the war Obama claimed it was the first thing he would do. Bring our troops home AND end the war.

Or does that not count because Obama feels it's a more popular position to blame the mess happening now on BUSH.

I'm not saying we should have gone into Iraq, or that we should have stayed. I'm talking about the outright lies Obama said and people like you who believe these lies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bush agreed to remove troops in 2008, so Obama should have ignored agreements BUSH signed? No dice. Bush's War, then AND now, but Obama has to clean up Bush's mess.

It's Obama's war because he said he would end it if elected President in 2008, all troops out, war over. Either he lied to be eleted or, well, no he just lied to get elected, no "or" there.

Obama February 27, 2009

"Let me say this as plainly as I can: By August 31, 2010, our combat mission in Iraq will end," Obama said in a speech at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.

But the ultimate success or failure of the war in Iraq, Obama said, would rest with the Iraqi people themselves. The U.S. "cannot police Iraq's streets indefinitely until they are completely safe," the president said.

It is up to the Iraqis, he said, to ensure a future under a government that is "sovereign, stable and self-reliant."

Obama: U.S. to withdraw most Iraq troops by August 2010 - CNN.com

Once again the far left will post propaganda over the truth.

Bush agreed to a scale down and the amount of military forces to stay in Iraq.

Can the far left post any truth?

Is this far left poster going to condemn the illegal wars of Obama?

Obama ‘I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am President, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank.’”

In the OP Obama says he has learned you need to be clear... How does this equate to "Bush pulled the troops out that I wanted kept there."?

Iraqi Prime Minister Says U.S. Forces Must Leave On Time - WSJ

BAGHDAD—Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki ruled out the presence of any U.S. troops in Iraq after the end of 2011, saying his new government and the country's security forces were capable of confronting any remaining threats to Iraq's security, sovereignty and unity.

But Mr. Maliki said the only way for any of the remaining 50,000 or so American soldiers to stay beyond 2011 would be for the two nations to negotiate—with the approval of Iraq's Parliament—a new Status of Forces Agreement, or SOFA, similar to the one concluded in 2008.

That deal took a year of protracted negotiations in the face of vehement opposition from many among Mr. Maliki's own Shiite constituency, and no repeat is expected.

-----------------------

And so dumb clucks, the sticking point was that Obama said our troops must be able to operate without being charged with crimes by the Government Bush and the Republians put into place. THEY SAID NO! Only the most ignorant of right wing fucks would let our troop be put in such a situation.

No matter how many times the truth is posted "with links", it simply doesn't "take".

You can't just teach right wingers, you have to grab them buy the back of the neck and smear their faces for them to learn anything, clearly, and even then............

Iraqi Prime Minister Says U.S. Forces Must Leave On Time - WSJ

BAGHDAD—Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki ruled out the presence of any U.S. troops in Iraq after the end of 2011, saying his new government and the country's security forces were capable of confronting any remaining threats to Iraq's security, sovereignty and unity.

But Mr. Maliki said the only way for any of the remaining 50,000 or so American soldiers to stay beyond 2011 would be for the two nations to negotiate—with the approval of Iraq's Parliament—a new Status of Forces Agreement, or SOFA, similar to the one concluded in 2008.

That deal took a year of protracted negotiations in the face of vehement opposition from many among Mr. Maliki's own Shiite constituency, and no repeat is expected.

-----------------------

And so dumb clucks, the sticking point was that Obama said our troops must be able to operate without being charged with crimes by the Government Bush and the Republians put into place. THEY SAID NO! Only the most ignorant of right wing fucks would let our troop be put in such a situation.

No matter how many times the truth is posted "with links", it simply doesn't "take".

You can't just teach right wingers, you have to grab them buy the back of the neck and smear their faces for them to learn anything, clearly, and even then............

So, when foreign leaders speak, Obama listens

Got it.

1. "Obama's 2012 Debate Boast: I Didn't Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq
Obama then denied that he ever supported a status of forces agreement that would have left troops in Iraq:
MR. ROMNEY: [W]ith regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should have been a status of forces agreement. Did you —
PRESIDENT OBAMA: That's not true.
MR. ROMNEY: Oh, you didn't — you didn't want a status of forces agreement?
PRESIDENT OBAMA: No, but what I — what I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.
"Here's one thing I've learned as commander in chief," Obama said at the end of the exchange. "You've got to be clear, both to our allies and our enemies, about where you stand and what you mean

2. "This month, Colin Kahl, the senior Pentagon official in charge of Iraq policy at the time, explained why the White House insisted on Iraq’s parliament approving the changes to the SOFA.
He wrote in Politico Magazine that in 2011 Iraq’s prime minister, Nouri al-Maliki, “told U.S. negotiators that he was willing to sign an executive memorandum of understanding that included these legal protections.” Obama Does a U-Turn on Immunity for U.S. Troops in Iraq - The Daily Beast

Obama rejected it.

3. "Yet this time around, Obama is willing to accept an agreement from Iraq’s foreign ministry on U.S. forces in Iraq without a vote of Iraq’s parliament. “We believe we need a separate set of assurances from the Iraqis,” one senior U.S. defense official told The Daily Beast on Sunday. This official said this would likely be an agreement or exchange of diplomatic notes from the Iraq’s foreign ministry. “We basically need a piece of paper from them,” another U.S. official involved in the negotiations told The Daily Beast. The official didn’t explain why the parliamentary vote, so crucial three years ago, was no longer needed."
Ibid.

Last edited:

No doubt President Bush signed the SOFA that removed all combat troops from the cities before July 1 2009. He also agreed to removing all troops by the end of 2011. To claim that it is not the truth is just silliness beyond measure.

President Bush agreed to a total withdrawal. You say otherwise, post something that helps you case.

Care to define what an illegal war is?

Obama ‘I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am President, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank.’”

In the OP Obama says he has learned you need to be clear... How does this equate to "Bush pulled the troops out that I wanted kept there."?

Was that before or after he promised us the moon?

Forum List

Back