Obama approves of same sex marriage

A political calculation without question.

It doesn't matter how much whining the right does, there is no way they can stop this from becoming the law of the land.

Why? Because gays and supporters are gaining enough political power to demand it. It's that simple.

In America, rights are determined by what you can demand .. not by what is right, just, fair, humane, or what Jesus would do.

It's just that simple.
No, they are not. I demand that I be allowed to kill college professors who hand out less than A grades. If I get a big enough political following, do you think it is right that we should be allowed to kill someone, simply because we now have political power?

Do you even know what rights are?

No one has a right to be married, and the Presidents statements on this is another clear example of why he is unfit to be President of the United States.

If he is for gay marriage, great. But if he is for gay marriage because he was pressured into it, how can anyone expect him to stand his ground with the other nations of this world? To be President, you have to believe your views of the world are right and correct and not allow people to push you off your beliefs.

Obama tells Robin Roberts of ABC.

Will damn obama can't you make your mind up?

Nov 2, 2008 6:36pm
Obama Says He Is Against Same-Sex Marriage But Also Against Ending Its Practice In Calif.

"I’ve stated my opposition to this. I think it’s unnecessary," Obama told MTV. "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage.

Obama Says He Is Against Same-Sex Marriage But Also Against Ending Its Practice In Calif. - ABC News

Obama Says He Is Against Same-Sex Marriage But Also Against Ending Its Practice In Calif.

"I’ve stated my opposition to this. I think it’s unnecessary," Obama told MTV. "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage.

Obama Says He Is Against Same-Sex Marriage But Also Against Ending Its Practice In Calif. - ABC News

Not as if anyone can believe a word he utters or anything!

well whoopTee do...I'm sure all those people in the 8.2% unemployed are getting ready to throw Obama a parade because of this..

Maybe some day the man will think about them..

It was over 5% under Bush. Yet people defend that as a normal rate.

That leaves 3.2%.

Wingnut Governors have laid off hundreds of thousands of State public sector employees, so they are responsible for a chunk of that.

The Wingnut House has laid off hundreds of thousands of Federal public sector employees, so they are responsible for a chunk, also.

Not as if anyone can believe a word he utters or anything!

He needs the same teleprompter from 2008 that told him to say he opposed same sex marriage. I wonder where that little guy is now? OH wasn't the 2008 teleprompter the one that committed suicide on national TV when it fell during one of obama's speeches?

I have nothing but respect for the man. Talk about being true to your convictions. He made this announcement in an election year, six months before we vote. Knowing what it could cost him. NOTHING but admiration and respect, Mr. President. Thank you.

In political terms this is called pandering to your base.
Fucking idiot - Blacks do not favor same-sex marriage. Are they not a huge part of his base?

That being said, I do not believe this is a big enough issue among the black community to get them to change their vote. Those who do not favor same sex marriage may grumble, but this is not enough to shake them from the hold the DNC has had on them for so long. It will take a hell of a lot more than this to shake them from the erroneous belief that Democrats care about the people and Republicans only care about rich people.

Immie

0bama must have been advized by John F'in Kerry....
Yeah, why settle for wife #1's millions when a wife #2 has billions! :lmao:

Jimmah, too, was in on the advice. Right after he told him how easy it was to part with re-signing the Panama Canal treaty with Panama, and now, Alaska's fishing rights to "everybody else but us". You know, the Islands and waters (now the richest oil reserves in the world) that came with Seward's Ice Box Purchase of 1867.

It's all about screwing the USA out of property, dignity, rights, wealth, sovereignty. That's the new DNC Party banner: "Screw US, world! And do it right this minute!" :rolleyes:

I am THRILLED. Dancing on the ceiling thrilled. He has just decided the battleground states.

It pisses me off.

There is NO WAY I can in good consience vote for Obama now.

The mere thought of voting for Romney gives me nausea.

I guess I will make a none of the above vote for the Libertarian Party.

You know...

The truth is there are more important things to worry about in this country than same sex marriage.

Tell the truth, what effect would two women or men getting married have on you? None that I can think of. The only people effected by it would be the couples and families of the couples involved.

I'm sorry, but this so unimportant compared to so many other issues as to be laughable.

Fucking idiot - Blacks do not favor same-sex marriage. Are they not a huge part of his base?

They are a most essential part of his base. Without ENERGIZED black support, he loses.

.. and yes, we are seriously homophobic. Stupid as a doorknob on this issue.
Which means, again, that this was a courageous move.

The Biden gaffe gave him no choice....even left leaning commentators agree.

Now...if he had shown leadership and offered his sentiments before Biden did? That would show courage.

Reacting when your backed into a corner is not a sign of leadership....it is a sign of fear.

Forum List

Back