Obama announces debt deal--GOP/Tea Party members WIN big!

no it just happens that what is good for Obama is good for this country. But you never know some voters might give Republicans some credit.

Obama put his reelection ahead of the country.

Par for the course with him....

Would that be anything like Bush selling 911 T-Shirts & toting a 911 ad with a dead hero leaving the scene in a stretcher? Hmmm? Do you still have your election shovel from the 911 graveyard??:lol:

The President gets the debt ceiling raised. Democrats promise $2 Trillion in cuts over 10 years, which, of course, following previous deals they've made means we get absolutely nothing.

What have we won? I don't see how I can support this.

I haven't been able to figure out why the right is getting good and drunk. No entitlements were cut, defense was cut with promises to cut it more late in the year.:clap2: That sounds like a win win to me.

onfirmed: Debt Deal Guts National Defense
My problem isn’t the fact there are deep cuts to national defense. Cuts as part of some massive reform package would be acceptable. No, my problem is that there are deep cuts to national defense while we fail to reform programs like Medicaid and Social Security.

National defense is a constitutional responsibility. Entitlement programs are not. And yet we gut national defense in order to defend entitlement programs. And even though entitlement programs are the single biggest contributor to the national deficit.

But wait, it gets crappier! Because if we don’t agree to tax hikes before the end of the year (through the super-committee), even more will be cut from national defense. Somewhere in the area of an additional $700 billion. At which point our military will be unable to effectively defend the country.

But hey, at least we’ll have left unconstitutional welfare programs alone, right?

What kind of deal is this, Mr. Speaker? We agree to massive defense cuts, then we have to agree to tax hikes otherwise we watch even more defense cuts go into effect automatically? A chimp could have negotiated a better deal.

Defense cuts followed by tax hikes or even more defense cuts. That’s supposed to be a Republican victory? Or even a compromise? That’s surrender. That’s admitting that defense spending is the problem, even though basic mathematics demonstrate that’s not the case. It’s handing Democrats a victory. Good job.

The American Pundit | Conservative Commentary on American Politics

Don't count your chickens yet. The vote isn't in. The Tea Party wins everything if the package goes through as is. Ask yourself lefties? Would democrats have admitted that spending was out of control if the GOP didn't win the majority last fall?

About 62% of Americans want the rich taxed.

Of course, they also want to keep their jobs. That pretty much cancels out their enthusiasm for tax increases during a recession.

True enough on your statement
considering that only about half pay all the income taxes now, they may believe it will not
be their problem

Too bad the Left knows to keep there Progressive Utopia going means
we will all have to pay more taxes

You are all hilarious. 2.5 trillion in cuts over 10 years? That is NOTHING.The debt ceiling will raise by 2.4 trillion. More than half of the cuts have yet to even be determined, and we all know how successful committees are.

Democrats are screaming that this is going to destroy us, Republicans are crying the world is saved, but you all need to wake up and smell the bullshit because nothing will actually change.

The Dems won on points and are positioned well for the elections next year.

Drop the TeaBots and the GOP might keep the House.

Don't count your chickens yet. The vote isn't in. The Tea Party wins everything if the package goes through as is. Ask yourself lefties? Would democrats have admitted that spending was out of control if the GOP didn't win the majority last fall?

How has the Tea Party won if 1) the debt ceiling goes up, which the Tea Party opposes and 2) we get empty promises of future spending cuts and none now?

You do realize that they dont have a problem promising future cuts because future Congresses, and even this one, are not bound to any deal they make right now. The Democrats have many times promised to cut spending to get what they want. And shocking, the right believes them only to see the spending continue to increase.

If we don't get immediate cuts, how have we won anything?

I've heard nothing about a balanced budget amendment being part of the deal. At least I could see that being a win of some sort.

There is nothing that addresses the problems of baseline budgeting.

So if we are getting no real cuts, no amendment, and no fix to baseline budgeting, again, what has the Tea Party won?

It takes time to turn us into Guatemala, ya know. But at least you stalled the recovery another month! Morons...

How does raising the debt ceiling turn us into Guatamala? How does getting bs promises of future spending cuts turn us into Guatamala? Do you have the ability to discuss things rationally or are you just going to continue trolling?

Obama put his reelection ahead of the country.

Par for the course with him....

Would that be anything like Bush selling 911 T-Shirts & toting a 911 ad with a dead hero leaving the scene in a stretcher? Hmmm? Do you still have your election shovel from the 911 graveyard??:lol:

The Boooosh of never ending evil!!!1111!

bushlaugh.jpg

BTW- Will this be the 3rd or 4th debt ceiling hike on Obama's watch? (2 and a half years folks)

Forum List

Back