Obama announces debt deal--GOP/Tea Party members WIN big!

The President gets the debt ceiling raised. Democrats promise $2 Trillion in cuts over 10 years, which, of course, following previous deals they've made means we get absolutely nothing.

What have we won? I don't see how I can support this.
You've won a big fat bupkis....The GOP collapsed like a pup tent, right on cue.

Nothing has been voted on yet.

You are all hilarious. 2.5 trillion in cuts over 10 years? That is NOTHING.The debt ceiling will raise by 2.4 trillion. More than half of the cuts have yet to even be determined, and we all know how successful committees are.

Democrats are screaming that this is going to destroy us, Republicans are crying the world is saved, but you all need to wake up and smell the bullshit because nothing will actually change.

Your right. How stupid of us to think making any cuts at all was a good thing. We should have just raised it with no cuts.

On a serious note, we have to start somewhere. If we waited for the dems to cut spending it would have had to wait until after their next failed stimulus.

The President gets the debt ceiling raised. Democrats promise $2 Trillion in cuts over 10 years, which, of course, following previous deals they've made means we get absolutely nothing.

What have we won? I don't see how I can support this.

Cuts over 10 years and its a promise....

We all know leftists aren't honest...

Vote Ron Paul at least hes honest..

The Dems won on points and are positioned well for the elections next year.

Drop the TeaBots and the GOP might keep the House.

So who are you voting for, RINO?

Like I said if RINO's like Romney come on board
there is hope
:eusa_angel:

Q: Would you explain why your record on taxes is better than your competitors?

ROMNEY: Lowering taxes grows the economy. Lowering taxes helps build jobs & helps working families, and so I strongly have been of the view that one of the great lessons for Ronald Reagan was that lowering taxes helped built our economy. Sen. McCain was one of two Republicans who voted against the Bush tax cuts. I believe the Bush tax cuts helped our economy grow and are one of the reasons that we’re not in a recession today Senator McCain continues to believe that that was the right vote to take, and I respect that that’s his view. I just happen to disagree with it. As governor, I fought tirelessly to reduce taxes. We cut taxes some 19 times in our state, and we held down

You are all hilarious. 2.5 trillion in cuts over 10 years? That is NOTHING.The debt ceiling will raise by 2.4 trillion. More than half of the cuts have yet to even be determined, and we all know how successful committees are.

Democrats are screaming that this is going to destroy us, Republicans are crying the world is saved, but you all need to wake up and smell the bullshit because nothing will actually change.

Your right. How stupid of us to think making any cuts at all was a good thing. We should have just raised it with no cuts.

On a serious note, we have to start somewhere. If we waited for the dems to cut spending it would have had to wait until after their next failed stimulus.
How stupid of you to think that promises to cut spending will actually be kept. This so called deal raises the debt ceiling by 2.5 trillion dollars NOW. It cuts 1 trillion in spending over 10 years, and promises there will be 1.5 trillion in future cuts. Best case scenario: Our debt increases by 2.5 trillion dollars. These spending cuts will just be replaced by more spending, if they are even cut. How could you be so blindly optimistic? You think all of a sudden Obama has seen the light and will pass a bill that makes economic sense? Stop dreaming. Its a political stunt and the sheeple are falling for it.

Screw the election. We have problems that need to be addressed now. And half the sane people on this board are acting like this is some major victory when we get essentially nothing. I mean seriously what do we need to do to get some real solutions to the overspending?

We need a new speaker of the House. We need a real leader. You can bet that if I was in there I'd be focused on getting a new leader.

Screw the election. We have problems that need to be addressed now. And half the sane people on this board are acting like this is some major victory when we get essentially nothing. I mean seriously what do we need to do to get some real solutions to the overspending?

We need a new speaker of the House. We need a real leader. You can bet that if I was in there I'd be focused on getting a new leader.

I agree. I don't think this was a win for anyone. But at least the takes hikes are gone for now. The Progressives lost and that's good enough for me.

If the GOP/Tea Party are the ones who "won" then it's the American people who "lost".

We tried it your way.

15jzp5.gif

Perhaps you could explain this then?

State of Colorado Debt Clock

Our DEMOCRAT governor just cut 275 state workers jobs--and has cut government spending round the clock to balance this years budget. And it's balanced.

and you realize the Faa just laid off 4000 workers because of this bullshit right?

And no planes crashed. Looks like it was a bloated agency, like most government agencies. Let's take that same approach to ALL government agencies.

Forum List

Back