Obama announces debt deal--GOP/Tea Party members WIN big!

I don't know why you keep spamming the S&P thing Neo. It's funny you think they're relevant now considering they said if we don't raise the debt ceiling then they'll lower our credit rating to a D.

You ignored this part of your own link:

For Ohio, the rating was revised from "negative" to "stable" after Gov. John Kasich signed a new budget the ratings agency says will essentially balance the state's finances for the next two years. S&P also said Ohio is experiencing a modest economic recovery which has stabilized revenue.

The agency listed factors such as Ohio's unemployment rate has stabilized and fallen to 8.6 percent through May 2011 from a peak of 11 percent in March 2010. The also state experienced positive employment growth in 2010 and through the first quarter of 2011. However, it said employment remains well below its pre-recession peak.

It remains to be seen whether the S&P rating will remain that in Ohio.

The Tea Party becomes irrelevant after tomorrow's votes.

18% are TeaBots, maybe 1/3d of American approve the Tea Party, the rest of American goes from dislike to rabid distrust of the Tea Bots.

No BBA chance of passage.

Speaker Boehner is now working to run more appropriate candidates against the TP in the primaries next year.

Minority Leader is now working to run more appropriate candidates against the TP in the primaries next year.

Obama and the Dems are revving up for a first rate class warfare campaign next year.

Going to be fun.

So what

So did almost all the states

Hey when you have a winner, most people like to vote for them

Every state except Minnesota. So if America was filled with states that are so-called Liberal paradises, why would these states vote for one of the so-called Conservative candidates of the last century?

Because they like what they say
After Carter, he seemed like a "God send"

Give a man a job, make him pay taxes
tends to make them more conservative

"4. No tax hikes is an immediate victory for the Pubs."

Except Obama tax hike on rich would have started in 2013, and still will- BS Crisis, BS solution...

I said "immediate", and, yes, it is transitory. The rich will get taxed, because Obama et all will campaign on it next year, and the great majority of Americans want the wealthy to pay more in taxes.

I don't know why you keep spamming the S&P thing Neo. It's funny you think they're relevant now considering they said if we don't raise the debt ceiling then they'll lower our credit rating to a D.

You ignored this part of your own link:

For Ohio, the rating was revised from "negative" to "stable" after Gov. John Kasich signed a new budget the ratings agency says will essentially balance the state's finances for the next two years. S&P also said Ohio is experiencing a modest economic recovery which has stabilized revenue.

The agency listed factors such as Ohio's unemployment rate has stabilized and fallen to 8.6 percent through May 2011 from a peak of 11 percent in March 2010. The also state experienced positive employment growth in 2010 and through the first quarter of 2011. However, it said employment remains well below its pre-recession peak.

It remains to be seen whether the S&P rating will remain that in Ohio.

I will be sure to let them know of your opinion
:eusa_angel:

So what

So did almost all the states

Hey when you have a winner, most people like to vote for them

Every state except Minnesota. So if America was filled with states that are so-called Liberal paradises, why would these states vote for one of the so-called Conservative candidates of the last century?

that was actually a close election. I still say it's tough to beat an incumbent.

Let's see: Obama ends up spending more money we don't have and the inflation gets worse.

I think that would be bad.

We keep racking up interest and default that way because we aren't living withing our means.

That's pretty bad too.

Why is it so many people are playing naive games when we have a serious problem? And it isn't the debt ceiling.

"4. No tax hikes is an immediate victory for the Pubs."

Except Obama tax hike on rich would have started in 2013, and still will- BS Crisis, BS solution...

It is about a 63-percent majority of voters who think raising taxes during an economic downturn is a bad idea.

Even some RINO's like Romney like tax cuts
http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Mitt_Romney_Tax_Reform.htm
Signed no-tax pledge; Dems pledge to raise taxes

Q: What about the Americans for Tax Reform pledge to oppose any increase in marginal tax rates? You like to say that you don’t just talk about pledges, that, in fact, you actually had to operate one as governor of Massachusetts. But in your first year as governor, you raised fees and fines by $500 million, including fees paid by the blind, by gun owners, by those seeking training against domestic violence, and even by used car shoppers.

A: The total fees raised were $260 million, which is a big number. We had a $3 billion budget gap. The Democrats wanted to raise taxes. I said, “No way.” And in fact we did not raise taxes on our citizens, and we lowered them across that state time and again. I’m proud of what we were able to do to lower taxes. I’m also going to lower taxes for the American people, and that’s the key thing. Right now, you can listen to the Democrats. Their pledge is clear. They’re going to raise taxes. I want to lower them.

Last edited:
Yeah, most people aren't fringe, so he'll be fine. We can see the truth of what transpired over the past month (and continues to transpire! The Teat Party is stuck in whinge mode, even tonight.)

that was actually a close election. I still say it's tough to beat an incumbent.

the first sure
the second was a historical landslide

Oh, and this "crisis" has reinforced his inability to lead people out of a paper bag.

Forum List

Back