Nutter herps and derps, TE suspends his carry permit

Investigated. So you look at the video and what should happen, investigator ?

Well that depends on what is discovered. Simply watching a video isn't an investigation. You need to look at the whole picture. Was he serious? Does he have the capability to carry out his threat? Were any laws broken?

Yes of course he has the means and he says he wasn't serious, it was generalized and non-specific untargeted frustration and his tenure as a law enforcement officer and tactical firearms trainer to that community support this.

So, he should be given a pass because he was a law enforcement officer?

Well that depends on what is discovered. Simply watching a video isn't an investigation. You need to look at the whole picture. Was he serious? Does he have the capability to carry out his threat? Were any laws broken?

Yes of course he has the means and he says he wasn't serious, it was generalized and non-specific untargeted frustration and his tenure as a law enforcement officer and tactical firearms trainer to that community support this.

No. Should the gay man or the abortion seeker be given a pass for such a statement and not be restricted ?

Yes, he should sue. He can submit as evidencethe video of himself making threats :lol:

He should sue because they took away his due process.

What due process? Concealed carry is a privilege, not a right. Due process in a court of law has nothing to do with it.

Since when can the State sanction someone without due process? Driving a car is also a privilege and to take my license away the State has to prove I Violated the law in a court of law first.

You're saying what this guy said is not protected by the first amendmant. Shouldn't you have to prove that?

No. Should the gay man or the abortion seeker be given a pass for such a statement and not be restricted ?

We already agreed that the people in your two scenarios should be investigated and punished if they violated any laws.

It seems you really can't take 'yes' for an answer.

We already agreed that the people in your two scenarios should be investigated and punished if they violated any laws.

None violated the law. The point.

So any one who says "I am going to kill" someone should be investigated ?

What due process? Concealed carry is a privilege, not a right. Due process in a court of law has nothing to do with it.

Since when can the State sanction someone without due process? Driving a car is also a privilege and to take my license away the State has to prove I Violated the law in a court of law first.

You're saying what this guy said is not protected by the first amendmant. Shouldn't you have to prove that?

I am saying that. But this guy said it first.

Shouting fire in a crowded theater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Schenck case

Holmes, writing for a unanimous Court, ruled that it was a violation of the Espionage Act of 1917 (amended with the Sedition Act of 1918), to distribute flyers opposing the draft during World War I. Holmes argued this abridgment of free speech was permissible because it presented a "clear and present danger" to the government's recruitment efforts for the war. Holmes wrote:

The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man falsely shouting fire in a theater and causing a panic. [...] The question in every case is whether the words used are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent.

None violated the law. The point.

So any one who says "I am going to kill" someone should be investigated ?

Uhhh yeah. If you're walking around saying you're going to kill people, then you should expect people are going to want to determine if you're serious.

i'm sure he can appeal.

but let's say that i'm accused of a crime. the police arrest me, put me in jail, and i sit there for some time. perhaps i'm denied bail and have to remain in jail until the trial - all the while i have not had my due process.

have my rights been violated?

Should one be investigated for merely saying "I'm going to kill you"? No.

But this guy did more than that. He not only said it he put it up on youtube for the world to witness and then released a second video in which he just reinforced the first one.

Yeager released a second video Thursday in which he refused to back down from most his statements.

"I do not condone anybody committing any kind of felonies up to and including any aggravated assaults or murders, unless it's necessary," he said. "Right now it is not necessary."

'Unless it's necessary'? Nutbar shooter in the wings, folks.

Seriously, if this guy goes off and kills people the outrage will be 'he said he was going to kill people if he believed it was necessary, why didn't someone take his guns and/or lock him up to prevent this'? This isn't a difficult one, guys.

And Stephanie? You might just want to stifle it. Seriously.

Uhhh yeah. If you're walking around saying you're going to kill people, then you should expect people are going to want to determine if you're serious.

So you can say your're going to kill people if "X" happens and not be serious or a threat to safety ?

Forum List

Back