Nutter herps and derps, TE suspends his carry permit

If this guy really is a maniac that will start killing people, obviously taking away his "permit" will prevent him from doing so.

Carry on, dipshits.

So, TN should just let him go on with his threats unchecked.

No, if the threats are serious then he should be taken off the streets and jailed.

Do you think taking away his permission to carry a gun will stop him from killing someone?

This may shock the hell out of you, but there have been limitations on our First Amendment rights throughout a good part of our history.

Yep. Somebody has never heard of not yelling fire in a crowded theater.

Is there some law that say's you can't? dipshit

Not necessary illegal but not protected under the first ammendment, unless the theatre really is on fire.
that is a supreme court decision.

Last edited:
This may shock the hell out of you, but there have been limitations on our First Amendment rights throughout a good part of our history.

:lol:

Shouting fire in a crowded theater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Schenck case

Holmes, writing for a unanimous Court, ruled that it was a violation of the Espionage Act of 1917 (amended with the Sedition Act of 1918), to distribute flyers opposing the draft during World War I. Holmes argued this abridgment of free speech was permissible because it presented a "clear and present danger" to the government's recruitment efforts for the war. Holmes wrote:

The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man falsely shouting fire in a theater and causing a panic. [...] The question in every case is whether the words used are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent.

You were saying something about dipshits?

If this guy really is a maniac that will start killing people, obviously taking away his "permit" will prevent him from doing so.

Carry on, dipshits.

No, if the threats are serious then he should be taken off the streets and jailed.

Do you think taking away his permission to carry a gun will stop him from killing someone?

Do you think that a state shouldn't take steps to try and curtail people from threatening to kill people?

The Schenck case

Holmes, writing for a unanimous Court, ruled that it was a violation of the Espionage Act of 1917 (amended with the Sedition Act of 1918), to distribute flyers opposing the draft during World War I. Holmes argued this abridgment of free speech was permissible because it presented a "clear and present danger" to the government's recruitment efforts for the war. Holmes wrote:

The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man falsely shouting fire in a theater and causing a panic. [...] The question in every case is whether the words used are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent.

man, you had to dig for that one

Do you think that a state shouldn't take steps to try and curtail people from threatening to kill people?

"If I hear hear one more racial slur against the President, I am going to start killing people"

What specific administrative action should the State take ?

The Schenck case

Not really. Just about everyone knows about the "Yelling Fire in a Crowded Theater" First Amendment restriction.

You must be very young. Or stupid.

Or both.

The Schenck case

Right. I had to dig deep to find a case that anybody with half a brain knows about.

:rofl:

"If I hear hear one more racial slur against the President, I am going to start killing people"

Usually it starts with an investigation.

Should threats to kill people in the general populace be ignored?

Not really. Just about everyone knows about the "Yelling Fire in a Crowded Theater" First Amendment restriction.

You must be very young. Or stupid.

Or both.

LOL, still DOESN'T mean you can't...
so who is the stupid one
Of course it doesn't mean you can't loophead.

Just like making laws against killing people doesn't mean you can't.

Just be ready for the inevitable repercussions.

Usually it starts with an investigation.

Should threats to kill people in the general populace be ignored?

Well certainly not the ones that advance your emotional reckoning and positions.

Forum List

Back