Nutter herps and derps, TE suspends his carry permit

Words are so scary.

Fuck the 1st Amendment too.
This may shock the hell out of you, but there have been limitations on our First Amendment rights throughout a good part of our history.
Which are VERY few, yet specified, restrictions.

Because free speech is an inherent right and the 1st Amendment in the Bill of Rights

So is being armed, which is the 2nd Amendment in the Bill of Rights, but there are shitloads of restrictions on that.

Except that's not what he said. He did say this:

"Vice President [Joe] Biden is asking the president to bypass Congress and use executive privilege, executive order to ban assault rifles and to impose stricter gun control.

"I’m telling you that if that happens, it’s going to spark a civil war, and I’ll be glad to fire the first shot. I’m not putting up with it. You shouldn't put up with it. And I need all you patriots to start thinking about what you’re going to do, load your damn mags, make sure your rifle’s clean, pack a backpack with some food in it and get ready to fight.

"I’m not fucking putting up with this. I’m not letting my country be ruled by a dictator. I’m not letting anybody take my guns! If it goes one inch further, I’m going to start killing people."

Read more: Video: James Yeager threatens to 'kill people' over gun control

You read this shit and you read posts from nutters here like buggerreb and realize that the best way to curb gun violence is to keep access to guns away from paranoid dopes.

Thanks to the NRA's fear-mongering about Obama, many paranoid dopes have stocked up on AR-15s and crates of ammo. They can't pay their credit card bills, but they are ready to die for a cause that only exists in their sick little heads.

even though I'm a long-time member of the NRA, I personally do not own a gun... never have... mebbe never will...

eta: despite all the back-and-forth on the issue of gun rights and the "prevailing winds", I don't think your side will ultimately prevail, haz... at least I hope it doesn't...

but if I did have an inkling that your side would prevail, I definitely would go out and max out my credit cards on the latest small-arms technology... along with whatever means necessary to pass it all on to my kids, grandkids and great-grandkids...

I 'spect that, at some point, it's gonna be needed by somebody down the line...

The state of Tennessee has suspended the handgun carry permit of James Yeager, CEO of Tactical Response, who recently said he would "start killing people" should President Obama take executive action on gun control.

State officials explained they revoked the permit because of Yeager's "material likelihood of risk of harm to the public," according to a local TV station. Tactical Response is a Tennessee-based company that specializes in firearms and tactical training.

"The number one priority for our department is to ensure the public's safety," wrote Commissioner Bill Gibbons. "Mr. Yeager's comments were irresponsible, dangerous, and deserved our immediate attention. Due to our concern, as well as that of law enforcement, his handgun permit was suspended immediately. We have notified Mr. Yeager about the suspension today via e-mail. He will receive an official notification of his suspension through the mail."

State Suspends Handgun Carry Permit Of Tactical Response CEO | TPM LiveWire

^funny shit, right there

I don't know which is sadder. The fact that this loon had guns or the fact that you think it's funny that he is a loon.

I feel sorry for the guy, he obviously has some issues.

Words are so scary.

Fuck the 1st Amendment too.
This may shock the hell out of you, but there have been limitations on our First Amendment rights throughout a good part of our history.

Because free speech is an inherent right and the 1st Amendment in the Bill of Rights

So is being armed, which is the 2nd Amendment in the Bill of Rights, but there are shitloads of restrictions on that.
For a long standing restriction on First Amendment rights, suggest you look up the Comstock Laws.

For a long standing restriction on First Amendment rights, suggest you look up the Comstock Laws.
I'm quite aware of them.

My point is that restrictions on an inherent right SHOULD be very few. And, the restrictions on the First are very few.

That is far from the case for another inherent right - the right to bear arms.

I'm quite aware of them.

My point is that restrictions on an inherent right SHOULD be very few. And, the restrictions on the First are very few.

Agreed. Nonetheless, there are restrictions.

Making "shall not be infringed" or "Shall make no law" a little less cut and dry than some make it out to be.

I'm quite aware of them.

dont open my "letter" to you then.....I don't want to get arrested.
:lol:

Thanks for the heads up.

What that guy said, is the sort of vibe I get from a lot of gun nutters...

"I'm gonna start killing the people who are trying to take my guns away." And when so many people promote gun regulations, your neighbors and stuff... they become your enemy.

So, TN should just let him go on with his threats unchecked.

No, if the threats are serious then he should be taken off the streets and jailed.

Do you think taking away his permission to carry a gun will stop him from killing someone?

Do you think that a state shouldn't take steps to try and curtail people from threatening to kill people?

How does taking away a permit in any way curtail someone from killing people with the guns they own?

Forum List

Back