now the game of " Tag" has just been banned in this elementary school

I see so many replies about this being a sign of liberalism. Too funny.

I teach in a school full of Trump-supporting families. So sorry, but helicopter parents don't seem to follow a political philosophy, but an economic class. Rich parents seem to want to prevent their children any and all discomfort. Lower middle class to poor parents know that life is difficult, and a bruise is something they need to shake off.

I've taught both sides of the spectrum, and while it's not a universal rule, these are the generalizations from what I've observed.

Not liberalism, progressivism. There is a huge difference

Really? Could you explain it to me?

I teach in a school full of Trump-supporting families. So sorry, but helicopter parents don't seem to follow a political philosophy, but an economic class. Rich parents seem to want to prevent their children any and all discomfort. Lower middle class to poor parents know that life is difficult, and a bruise is something they need to shake off.

I've taught both sides of the spectrum, and while it's not a universal rule, these are the generalizations from what I've observed.

You don't know the difference between liberals and progressives and you teach?

Scary shit

This sort of explains part of it, I have three home from school sick, I'll look further later,

Classical Liberalism vs. Progressive Liberalism - BCL - Liberty.me

Last edited:

Scary shit

It's not a part of a Kindergarten curriculum

Scary shit

It's not a part of a Kindergarten curriculum

I edited my comment, scroll up

Scary shit

This sort of explains part of it, I have three home from school sick, I'll look further later,

Thanks for the info. Honestly, I used the words interchangeably. But I find your article far from definitive. More like someone who wants to draw distinctions because of the direction the Democratic Party is taking, to preserve the past of the party as standard of good, not like when those "evil progressives" took control.

When I was a kid we played "Smear the queer." I doubt that would go over well now... we also played a game that was called either Wall Ball or Butt Ball... my how times change.

Remember the good old days in school when we played dodge ball, hide and seek and even “Tag”? Well, one elementary school in California has just put a wet blanket on at least one of these classic childhood games! In fact, many of the Parents and even some of the children in one California city are not happy with a school’s recent decision to ban the age-old game of tag on the playground.

Now the Game of "Tag" Has Just been Banned in this Elementary School!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creating a few more snowflakes. Aww don't fall and get hurt you might be mentally scarred for life gawd help us with these liberal moron schools. My kid would be yanked the hell out of a panzy school like this and a few others turning these kids into liberal mental cases.
Time for parents to pull their children out of public schools and place them into private schools that meet with the parents beliefs.

Scary shit

Thanks for the info. Honestly, I used the words interchangeably. But I find your article far from definitive. More like someone who wants to draw distinctions because of the direction the Democratic Party is taking, to preserve the past of the party as standard of good, not like when those "evil progressives" took control.
I think you are still missing what the distinction is. This is not about party, it is about ideology. No, not even about ideology, more about tactics. There are progressives in the GOP, and that are Democrats. There are even hawkish progressives, there are progressives from nearly all political parties, and ideologies. To over-simplify a progressive is one who will ultimately turn to Government to answer all societal questions. Anything from how much water a toilet should be allowed to use, to what types of guns should be allowed, what types of cars should be allowed, and what foods people should be allowed eat. Notice a pattern here? Government ALLOWING this or that. That is progressivism, again, over-simplified.

Scary shit

I think you are still missing what the distinction is. This is not about party, it is about ideology. No, not even about ideology, more about tactics. There are progressives in the GOP, and that are Democrats. There are even hawkish progressives, there are progressives from nearly all political parties, and ideologies. To over-simplify a progressive is one who will ultimately turn to Government to answer all societal questions. Anything from how much water a toilet should be allowed to use, to what types of guns should be allowed, what types of cars should be allowed, and what foods people should be allowed eat. Notice a pattern here? Government ALLOWING this or that. That is progressivism, again, over-simplified.

I see a pattern in your definition, but that doesn't sound progressive, it sounds authoritarian.

I guess I have more reading to do.

Scary shit

I see a pattern in your definition, but that doesn't sound progressive, it sounds authoritarian.

I guess I have more reading to do.
Often times they are one in the same, yet not always.

Forum List

Back