Now is the time to fight back!

The right offers no ideas... Seriously? We are somehow idealogues who offer no ideas. You guys seriously make no sense.

How about a little exercise. You list the five greatest problems this nation is facing and we provide five Conservative solutions to said problems.

Oh, and BTW just because you dont like the solution doesnt mean it isnt there or being a suggestion.

No, I do not think Republicans actually want the country to fail. I do believe they want Americans to have the perception that it has failed and will use whatever rhetoric they can to convince them

I can't speak for anyone except myself. And I do not want America to fail at all. However I believe that the path that this congress and this Administration is taking us is a path to failure, and therefore I will work towards them failing in their endeavors.

Gee, that makes sense; you don't want America to fail before or after you wanted America to fail?

I'm still wating.
Obama failing is the opposite of America failing.
Obama has declared war on Americans .
Bye the way, how did you get so ignorant ?

Last edited:
Somehow the Republicans, in the weakest position they've seen since Nixon resigned, are thwarting Obama?

Either Michael Steele is a genius, or Obama is a dimwit.

Maybe total control is not what I (or most non-right wingers) want?
I really don't believe that most of those I characterize as right wingers are stupid (well, some really are), but most are total hypocrites. Or, they have early dementia and don't recall the Bush Administation.

Somehow the Republicans, in the weakest position they've seen since Nixon resigned, are thwarting Obama?

Either Michael Steele is a genius, or Obama is a dimwit.
A lot of us said it a while ago: It's a sad day when the all the opposition has to do is sit back and watch the other fuck up.

Hey, it's what the voters wanted.

have posted thousands of times - rarely with any subtance - and usually an echo of the daily propaganda.
I found this to be quite ironic, coming as it is from one of the most consistent puppet/parrot propaganda regurgitators I have ever seen!

Where'd you cut and paste this OP from by the way? Inform the writer of it that illiteracy is curable, and most especially for those who claim greater intelligence because they're not repugs and/or didn't vote for Reagan! :rofl:

Ah, sarcasm, the final refuge for the dishonest. Nice job MM, you never fail to provide evidence of your lack of integrity.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

MORE Irony!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The right offers no ideas... Seriously? We are somehow idealogues who offer no ideas. You guys seriously make no sense.

How about a little exercise. You list the five greatest problems this nation is facing and we provide five Conservative solutions to said problems.

Oh, and BTW just because you dont like the solution doesnt mean it isnt there or being a suggestion.

1. Economic Recovery

2. Enviormental Protection

3. Energy Independence

4. Border Security

5. Public Dept

[I know the conservative solution, but will hold my comments until I read the response. Please surprise me]

1. Economic Recovery

3. Energy Independence

4. Border Security

5. Public Dept
1. Stop arbitrarily changing business regulations, and start increasing funding to the Small Business Administration. Kill the wasteful agricultural subsidies.

2. We are the world's greenest major manufacturer. Why fix what ain't broken?

3. French-style nuclear power plant construction, energy grid retrofitting to handle the load of an electric car fleet.

4. Rotate soldiers out of Iraq and onto the Mexican border. By comparison to Iraq, it'll be a vacation.

5. Across-the-board spending cuts, including the military, education, welfare, and social security. Divert some funding to Small Business Administration loans, and the rest goes towards our national debt. Freeze further stimulus spending.

Painful in the short-term, beneficial in the long-term. It's almost the exact opposite of what Obama is doing.

Last edited:
The OP is not important. What is important is that the pubs are powerless and they are crying about it. Who gives a flip? The Dems will present a the cold face to the pubs when vote time comes. The bill is a done deal.

Funny... could have sworn this entire thread was based on liberals whining about how much power the republicans have to stop their agenda.

Maybe when you guys figure out what your position is going to be you guys can get back to us.

Two points.
#1, the constant attacks on Obama have had an effect on his popularity (remember, half of the American people are below average in intelligence, and most Democrats who voted for and became supporters of Reagan are in this population);
and,
#2, Members of Congress have priorities. The number one priority is not what's good for the American people or our nation, it is keeping themselves in office.

A final note, notice how the conservative chic reacted to this thread.

If Congress was worried about what was best for the country, your agenda would never get passed

The interesting thing about these debates is there is a reality out there, a history that can be viewed and evaluated. And while republicans and conservatives will blame congress during those periods when republican presidents failed, there were times when republicans and conservatives held total power - and they still failed. When government is the problem and you are running the government what else can you do but fail. It is like being an honest thief.

The curious irony is while the republicans fail at governance, they can only try to hurt the democratically elected president. Why? It goes back to the same issue and ideology, republicans are basically conservative and hierarchy is a key tenet of conservatism. Out of power they aim at the top because they want power not responsible government.

Let me ask again a question I have asked many times, several times on usmb, tell me something a conservative republican in contemporary time has done that was good for all American people? No one has ever answered this. I can tell you lots democrats have done.

"Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

ReaganBushDebt.org

A Short History of Conservative Obstruction to Progress | Conceptual Guerilla

The Conservative Nanny State

OpEdNews - Article: Ronald Reagan: Worst President Ever?

"....there's a growing realization that the starting point for many of the catastrophes confronting the United States today can be traced to Reagan's presidency. There's also a grudging reassessment that the "failed"- presidents of the 1970s--Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter--may deserve more credit for trying to grapple with the problems that now beset the country."

The Political Scene: The Fall of Conservatism : The New Yorker

Amazon.com: Why Jesus Would Never, Ever Vote Republican (9781419697593): Richard John Siviur: Books
Well.. umm. wow.

I see that Liberals keep blaming Reagan for the Debt..

Well sir, I might just have to contradict you on your Statement of: tell me something a conservative republican in contemporary time has done that was good for all American people? No one has ever answered this.

I'm guessing i'll be the first to answer no? I'm honored.

Reagan Administration Accomplishments 1981-1989

1. President Reagan’s economic policies stimulated the economy, creating 17 million new jobs. One-fourth of the new jobs were created in 68 consecutive months. Black unemployment was cut in half.

2. We were given incentives to save our money, to work, and to invest because of Reagan’s tax reforms.

3. The inflation rate decreased to less than 4.4%. Family income rose 12%.

4. We are now experiencing the longest and strongest peacetime prosperity in the history of the nation.

5. We are experiencing the best peacetime relationship with the Soviet Union in our history. We have also seen the withdrawal of Soviet troops from Afghanistan.

6. We are now keeping the peace. We drew the line in Grenada, Libya, Afghanistan, and the Persian Gulf, and no countries have fallen to communism during the Reagan era.

7. The U.S. military was refurbished and strengthened.

8. There is now a call for prayer in schools. The Republican adminstration has been lobbying to give this deserved religious freedom.

9. We have seen a return to traditional values. Under Reagan, we have seen a cut in federal funding of abortions; emphasis on a strong family unit; and the development of family-oriented public policy.

10. Educational leaders are now working to sustain moral values and reestablish a clear understanding of right and wrong. The need for values in the curriculum has been trumpeted by the Reagan administration.

11. People from other nations are flocking to America to follow our example. Our principles of civil and economic freedom are now being copied all over the world.

America Just Prior to the Reagan Administration

1. Seven million Americans were unemployed.

2. We were told to live on less, to buckle our belts and to prepare for scarcity.

3. Americans went through two of the worst years of inflation in 60 years. There was a 13% inflation rate. Family income dropped and we had the highest tax bill in our history.

4. We were on the verge of a major recession.

5. With our cold wars during the ’70s, we inspired our enemies not to be afraid of us. The Soviets refused to come to the bargaining table. Cultural exchanges between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. came to a halt.

6. Disarmament was considered a noble goal. We did not know where to draw the line in our negotiations with the Soviets. Three countries fell to communism under the Carter administration: Benin (1977), Nicaragua (1979), and Zimbabwe (1980).

7. Guns and tanks that did not even work were being sent to battle.

8. Young Americans were not allowed to pray in school … even though Congress, every state house, and the Supreme Court begins business with prayer.

9. Progressive values became fashionable. Social policies emulated the values of a small, vocal minority.

10. Education did not sustain moral values. Educational curricula began to promote “alternative lifesyles,” such as homosexuality.

11. America wore a “kick me” sign on its back. We lost our edge in technology and in global markets due to excessive government regulation, and high taxes which devoured capital.

I thought it would be a good time to remind people of what Reagan accomplished during his eight years in office. That shouldn't be necessary, but Reagan's critics continually harp upon the faults of his administration (increasing the debt, Iran Contra) & regularly attempt to distort his record in an attempt to deny him the credit he deserves.

To begin with, to fully appreciate what Reagan accomplished, you must consider the terrible condition America was in when he arrived. America's military was in sad shape, the economy was gripped in the most severe meltdown that America had experienced since the great depression, & Vietnam, Watergate, & four years of the last century's worst President (Jimmy Carter) had led many Americans and much of the world to wonder if America had passed its peak and was beginning to decline.

Ronald Reagan was responsible for changing all of that. Here are Reagan's biggest accomplishments...

Taxes: Reagan slashed taxes from a 70% top bracket in 1981 to 28% in 1986. That resulted in 20 million jobs being created between 1983 - 1989, a doubling of the amount of revenue going into government coffers, and a wave of prosperity that America rode from 1983 until 2001 with only a small pause at the end of the George Bush Sr.'s term.

Rebuilding America's Military: If you want to know why America is such a military powerhouse today, then you need look no further than Reagan. Reagan's funding increases and dedication to strengthening our military are what allowed us to be so successful in the Gulf War and beyond. If Reagan hadn't come along, our military capabilities would be only a shadow of what they are today.

SDI: Reagan's much derided "Star Wars Program" not only helped convince the Soviets that they couldn't compete with America, but the missile defense system we're going to have working (at least in a rudimentary form) possibly as early as 2004, is an outgrowth of the program Reagan promoted.

Defeating The Soviet Union: When Reagan came into office, détente was the policy of the day. Reagan abandoned détente and made no secret of the fact that he considered the Soviet Union to be an, "evil empire." Instead of cooperating with the Soviets, Reagan forced them to try to keep up with America's massive military budget when they could barely feed their own people. Eventually Gorbachev, who was an avowed Communist, realized that the Soviets had no hope of keeping up with the US, and he started trying to implement reforms. Things soon spiraled out of his control and the death of the Soviet Union occurred within a few years. Had Reagan never been in office and had the policy of détente continued to the present day, the Soviet Union would probably still exist.

Rebuilding the Republican party: Just as Babe Ruth "saved" baseball after the, "Black Sox scandal," Ronald Reagan "saved" the Republican party after Nixon. Reagan's incredible popularity (1980: Reagan 489 electoral votes -- Carter 49 & 1984: Reagan 525 electoral votes -- Mondale 13) forever altered the way the public viewed the Republican Party and the way the GOP viewed itself. Had Reagan lost 1980 or 1984, it's doubtful that we'd see the GOP controlling both Congress and the Presidency today.

Those are what I consider to be Reagan's "big five accomplishments." Of course, Reagan is also fondly remembered for his patriotism & optimism, which you can get a feel for by reading the final paragraph of a letter Reagan wrote to the American people to announce that he had Alzheimer's Disease....

"In closing, let me thank you, the American people, for giving me the great honor of allowing me to serve as your president. When the Lord calls me home, whenever that day may be, I will leave with the greatest love for this country of ours and eternal optimism for its future. I now begin the journey that will lead me into the sunset of my life. I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead."

Is it any wonder that so many Conservatives love & respect the Gipper?
:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
1. Economic Recovery

3. Energy Independence

4. Border Security

5. Public Dept
1. Stop arbitrarily changing business regulations, and start increasing funding to the Small Business Administration. Kill the wasteful agricultural subsidies.

2. We are the world's greenest major manufacturer. Why fix what ain't broken?

3. French-style nuclear power plant construction, energy grid retrofitting to handle the load of an electric car fleet.

4. Rotate soldiers out of Iraq and onto the Mexican border. By comparison to Iraq, it'll be a vacation.

5. Across-the-board spending cuts, including the military, education, welfare, and social security. Divert some funding to Small Business Administration loans, and the rest goes towards our national debt.

Painful in the short-term, beneficial in the long-term. It's almost the exact opposite of what Obama is doing.

1. Most of the onerous business regulations (small business) are imposed by local government.
2. It's broke. We are dependent on foreign oil (even Bush admitted so, too late). We need to return to the past (see, even a progressive can be reactionary). A Manhattan Project to put in place inter and intra urban transportation systems. Will provide massive employment, public and private sector collaboration.
3. Not in your backyard? It will take 20 years to put new plants on line. I agree, NP is a part of the future, R&D needs to be funded and the public educated.
4. The law prevents the military from exercising police powers. Mexico is our neighbor, we need to inforce immigration laws and, if Mexico refuses to level the playing field, we should put Mexico in the same status as cuba. Cruise ships can go further south and we can withhold our tourist dollars until the rules are fair.
5. Sure. Let's layoff 500,000 government employees tomorrow. That'll help the economy. How many small businesses will fail? How many homes will fall to foreclosure? Car loans, credit card bills, and other debts will not be paid. That's nuts.

1. Economic Recovery

3. Energy Independence

4. Border Security

5. Public Dept

[I know the conservative solution, but will hold my comments until I read the response. Please surprise me]

Started another thread on this issue. Hopefully it will go well. I didnt want to distract from your complaints here.

Oh if you know the conservative solution, how do you honestly claim that they have no ideas?

The OP is not important. What is important is that the pubs are powerless and they are crying about it. Who gives a flip? The Dems will present a the cold face to the pubs when vote time comes. The bill is a done deal.

Funny... could have sworn this entire thread was based on liberals whining about how much power the republicans have to stop their agenda.

Maybe when you guys figure out what your position is going to be you guys can get back to us.

No, I didn't whine, I said fight back. It'll be easy, it's a battle of wits and your side is only half armed.

Two points.
#1, the constant attacks on Obama have had an effect on his popularity (remember, half of the American people are below average in intelligence, and most Democrats who voted for and became supporters of Reagan are in this population);
and,
#2, Members of Congress have priorities. The number one priority is not what's good for the American people or our nation, it is keeping themselves in office.

A final note, notice how the conservative chic reacted to this thread.

If Congress was worried about what was best for the country, your agenda would never get passed

What is "my agenda"?

You're kicking MY ass (no, but this comment almost caused me to LMAO)

Last edited:

No, I didn't whine, I said fight back. It'll be easy, it's a battle of wits and your side is only half armed.
Your side is disarmed cowards .
Do what you will.

Forum List

Back