Now is the time to fight back!

Two points.
#1, the constant attacks on Obama have had an effect on his popularity (remember, half of the American people are below average in intelligence, and most Democrats who voted for and became supporters of Reagan are in this population);
and,
#2, Members of Congress have priorities. The number one priority is not what's good for the American people or our nation, it is keeping themselves in office.

A final note, notice how the conservative chic reacted to this thread.

The only thing that's had an effect on Bomommas popularity is that he's out of the closet as a Marxist Drag Queen. He lied about his moderate, fiscal discipline stance. He's spending money like he's got a meth habit.
Epic_Fail.jpg

You were going for smart and poignant and you came out looking like that

Funny... could have sworn this entire thread was based on liberals whining about how much power the republicans have to stop their agenda.

Maybe when you guys figure out what your position is going to be you guys can get back to us.

No, I didn't whine, I said fight back. It'll be easy, it's a battle of wits and your side is only half armed.
Your side is disarmed cowards .
Do what you will.

Really? I spent two years as a projectal man in a 5" 38 gun mount. You (you're not a chicken hawk, are you)? I then spent 32 years as a deputy, supervisor and manager in two local law enforcement agnecies. And what do you do, sell health insurance?

Cut and run? I guess he really is a disgusting chicken hawk.

And btw, I always introuced myself as "Wry" (well, most of you know what I mean) and never as Mr. Catcher. I always found those who introduced themselves as Mr. So & So to be such phonies.

Last edited:
The right wing, in all of its manifestations, continues to thrawt President Obama at every turn. The inept and useless Republican Leadership offers few ideas and makes no effort to work with the administration to solve the myriad problems facing our nation; the neoconservatives on the far right continue to preach jingoism and hold steadfast to the notion that the Bush Administration failed only in not staying the course of armed conflict as the first and best foreign policy; the social conservatives remain committed to wedge issues and committed to the Republican Party, whose leadership promises them everything and then laugh at them; and, then, there are the Libertarians and independents who deny the legitimacy of government and stretch their extreme beliefs to the edge of anarchy, and sometime beyond.
If you believe in our representative government, and if you voted for Obama hoping for needed changes, it's time to challenge those who defend the status quo, even as they throw Bush under Palin's bus. They have few ideas, lots of opinions and only cherry picked facts to support them. Confront them with history, though they will change it at every opportunity, most are too dumb to post credible sophistry.
We know who they are, maybe two dozen regular right wingers, some of whom have posted thousands of times - rarely with any subtance - and usually an echo of the daily propaganda.

Wry were is the rest of your post?.....you know the part about how the Left wing has screwed up this country just as much....just wonderin....

#2, Members of Congress have priorities. The number one priority is not what's good for the American people or our nation, it is keeping themselves in office.

and these are the jerks,the Dem side anyway, you are blindly following?......are you part of that dumbass 50% Wry?.....wait...i think you have already answered that....

The party of NO is banking on an "I had nothing to do with it" strategy

This strategy assumes healthcare will fail, the economy will fail and America will fail

Their problem is that when these things do not fail they will be stuck with nothing. No candidates, no platform and no support........the REAL party of NO

and what will the party of "YES" do if they all fail because of their policies?......

they aim at the top because they want power not responsible government.

:lol:....and i suppose the democrats are different? .....Midcant you have your head so far up the far lefts ass your using their Adams apple as a pacifier.....

"Take Your Head Out Of Their Asses"Jack Burton....

Keep going, you so enjoy mental masturbation I promise not to interrupt again.

I see that Liberals keep blaming Reagan for the Debt..

Well sir, I might just have to contradict you on your Statement of: tell me something a conservative republican in contemporary time has done that was good for all American people? No one has ever answered this.

I'm guessing i'll be the first to answer no? I'm honored.

Reagan Administration Accomplishments 1981-1989

Interesting, and I give you credit for at least trying. If your Reagan accomplishments had been true, Bush Sr would have had an easy time, and his election would have been assured. But the economy sank as even Reagan recognized the growing debt and raised taxes more than any peace time increase in history.

Reagan is pure myth and I loved number two in your list. I was there in corporate America and if there is one thing he accomplished when he fired the air traffic controllers it was the start of a sense the corporation could do what it wanted - and did. I saw too many unneeded firings, euphemistically called reductions in force to think Reagan's destruction of worker's rights was a good thing. You see that still as wages are far behind the wealthy.

The problem I have with completely criticizing Reagan is the fact he was in early stages of Alzheimer's and it is hard to say what he would have done given the failure of voodoo economics to raise the nation up. Lost without his index cards the man was just too old and sick.

I give Carter little credit as he thought too much, and the mess with the oil embargo and stagflation from Nixon/Ford required more than speeches. But at least Carter didn't start this military hubris that has killed so many, making your number four a tragic accomplishment and hardly something to brag about. Reagan made the horror Bush Jr caused possible.

Your list doesn't work for me because too much is ideology and not substance, Clinton created more jobs and improved the economy for all. And while Reagan engaged in a Keynesian spending spree and hallelujah speeches, I saw then and see now no permanent pluses for America in your list because I disagree that anything he did strengthened the family and the middle class. Those of us who were there see a real decline since Reagan and the links below demonstrate it.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/United-States-since-World-Since/dp/0521677556/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250512979&sr=1-3]Amazon.com: The United States since 1980 (The World Since 1980) (9780521677554): Dean Baker: Books[/ame]

The Potomac - Mike Z

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/01/opinion/01krugman.html?_r=1&em

OpEdNews - Article: Ronald Reagan: Worst President Ever?

""Reagan was coming from this very simple proposition: If you lower the tax rate, then more people will work, there will be more income in the economy and everyone's lives would be better. Despite a 25 percent income tax cut, by 1982 Reagan faced a deepening recession, mounting unemployment and homelessness."" Ken Duberstein, Reagan Chief of Staff

Ronald Reagan(The Mis-Comunicator)

Last edited:
Your list doesn't work for me because too much is ideology and not substance, Clinton created more jobs and improved the economy for all. And while Reagan engaged in a Keynesian spending spree and hallelujah speeches, I saw then and see now no permanent pluses for America in your list because I disagree that anything he did strengthened the family and the middle class. Those of us who were there see a real decline since Reagan and the links below demonstrate it.

Clinton was president at a good time....the Americans who jumped on the money making opportunity's of the Internet and created the so called "dot com boom" was responsible for much of his success and made his reign look pretty dam good.....if not for that,he would never have had the success he had....he would have been just another President....

they aim at the top because they want power not responsible government.

:lol:....and i suppose the democrats are different? .....Midcant you have your head so far up the far lefts ass your using their Adams apple as a pacifier.....

"Take Your Head Out Of Their Asses"Jack Burton....

Keep going, you so enjoy mental masturbation I promise not to interrupt again.

you cant interrupt,your head is up there too....say hi to Zona and Rdean....you guys play nice know.....and listen to what Midcant tells you....after all he has seniority....

See that's the problem, When a Conservative actually does a good job despite the Spending to compete with the Soviets which was a big Accomplishment. What were we suppose to do?

Reagan defeated Soviet Union.. It required the Spending and It was worth it.

Also, Strengthening the Dollar when Cutting Taxes which created Prosperity and an Economic Boom.

But there it is, Books that are all about feelings and labeling him as the Worst President ever by who? Liberal Bloggers.

Reagan brought financial greatness back to America and ended the Cold War--giving the U.S. back its dignity alter Vietnam and the humiliation of Iron taking American citizens hostage.

His political, economic, and moral contributions to our country and the world will be felt for many generations to come. He truly was a man of the people, by the people, and for the people.

Reagan defeated communism, stopped runaway inflation, cut government spending, and called a Presidential Commission to study returning to the gold standard. "Reaganomics" was the most serious attempt to change the course of U.S. economic policy of any Administration since Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal. "Only by reducing the growth of government," Reagan maintained, "can we increase the growth of the economy."

Reagan's 1981 Program for Economic Recovery had four major policy objectives. It sought to reduce: regulation, government spending, marginal lax rates, and inflation. These changes, in turn, were expected to increase saving and investment, spur economic growth, balance the budget, restore healthy financial markets, and reduce inflation and interest rates. Reagan delivered on all counts, although not to the extent that he and his supporters had hoped.

Reaganomics set the stage for major expansion in the 1990s--the so-called Goldilocks Economy--but not without a fair amount of pain along the way. The fruit of trickle-down, or supply side economics that Reagan established brought the U.S. out of its 1982 recession and set the stage for the greatest growth the world ever has seen, before or since.
* Tax rates were cut by more than two-thirds to 28%, creating 19,000,000 jobs.

* The inflation rate dipped from 13.5% to 4.8%.

* Interest rates dropped from 22% to 11%.

* Unemployment went from 7.5% to 5.4%.

* The Dow jumped from 860 to 2,753. Prior to Reagan taking office, the highest the Dow had seen was 1,020. Reaganomics was responsible for doubling the Dow from the old high--tripling it from the time he became president.

* Gross domestic product doubled from 2.7 to 5.4 trillion dollars.

^ How does that make him the worst president ever? It's ok, we know Liberals hate, and i mean Hate admitting that a Conservative did a good job.

ElectoralCollege1984.svg

I'd be pretty jealous too if a Liberal Accomplished this..

Clinton was president at a good time....the Americans who jumped on the money making opportunity's of the Internet and created the so called "dot com boom" was responsible for much of his success and made his reign look pretty dam good.....if not for that,he would never have had the success he had....he would have been just another President....

How do you know this to be true?
Admit it, it's simply another product of deep and thoughtful mental masturbaton.

Last edited:
Golly Gee Crusader I do believe you are right. The Dems do have control of the House, the Senate and by golly the President is a Dem as well. Gosh, can't get much more Dem than that.

The Reps are being obstructionists, surprise, surprise. Seems to me thats just what the Dems did when the GOP had control of everything. Gosh, whats good for the goose is sure good for the gander. Of course a good part of his own party is being obstructionist also. Funny how that works doncha know.

The right wing, in all of its manifestations, continues to thrawt President Obama at every turn. The inept and useless Republican Leadership offers few ideas and makes no effort to work with the administration to solve the myriad problems facing our nation; the neoconservatives on the far right continue to preach jingoism and hold steadfast to the notion that the Bush Administration failed only in not staying the course of armed conflict as the first and best foreign policy; the social conservatives remain committed to wedge issues and committed to the Republican Party, whose leadership promises them everything and then laugh at them; and, then, there are the Libertarians and independents who deny the legitimacy of government and stretch their extreme beliefs to the edge of anarchy, and sometime beyond.
If you believe in our representative government, and if you voted for Obama hoping for needed changes, it's time to challenge those who defend the status quo, even as they throw Bush under Palin's bus. They have few ideas, lots of opinions and only cherry picked facts to support them. Confront them with history, though they will change it at every opportunity, most are too dumb to post credible sophistry.
We know who they are, maybe two dozen regular right wingers, some of whom have posted thousands of times - rarely with any subtance - and usually an echo of the daily propaganda.

JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW I READ THIS. GAME ON BITCH!!!
Bring toothpicks. I like to clean my teeth after snacking on libs like you.

No, I didn't whine, I said fight back. It'll be easy, it's a battle of wits and your side is only half armed.
Your side is disarmed cowards .
Do what you will.

Really? I spent two years as a projectal man in a 5" 38 gun mount. You (you're not a chicken hawk, are you)? I then spent 32 years as a deputy, supervisor and manager in two local law enforcement agnecies. And what do you do, sell health insurance?

Wow, talk about spinning wildly out of control.

Golly Gee Crusader I do believe you are right. The Dems do have control of the House, the Senate and by golly the President is a Dem as well. Gosh, can't get much more Dem than that.

The Reps are being obstructionists, surprise, surprise. Seems to me thats just what the Dems did when the GOP had control of everything. Gosh, whats good for the goose is sure good for the gander. Of course a good part of his own party is being obstructionist also. Funny how that works doncha know.
There are not enough Republicans to stop the Dems from doing anything they want.
The Dems are just to cowardly to do what they want because they know it is political suicide.:lol:

There are not enough Republicans to stop the Dems from doing anything they want.
The Dems are just to cowardly to do what they want because they know it is political suicide.:lol:

if there were enough we would stop them for their incessant whining and pissing and moaning, it's all everyone's fault but theirs,, oh boo fucking hoo! they know in their heart of hearts they are gonna have to resort to "reconcilliation" and that's when the shit will hit the proverbial fan." oh the wailing and knashing of teeth that will ensue! It's gonna be fucking hilarious. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back